IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And does nobody else keep old tickets and want to continue to add to them?

Some digital file on a phone isn't quite the same.

I have all the tickets for all the matches I've attended over the past 10 years, and I hope to add to the collection when I hop across the pond later this year! 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Has anyone had an email about having to print the first 4 match tickets off at home. A friend of mine has but I've not received it. If you have received it can you advise where can it be 

An email re ticket prices for the first series of home games had a reference at the bottom re print at home tickets. Only stated that the first 4 games impacted. Nothing more than that. Further details are awaited.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Has anyone had an email about having to print the first 4 match tickets off at home. A friend of mine has but I've not received it. If you have received it can you advise where can it be found? 

The emails are being staggered over the week, no need to panic

Can I forward a Digital Season Ticket?

If a Season Ticket holder cannot attend a match they are able to forward individual matches from their Season Ticket to a friend or family member.

If you are a Season Ticket holder and are unable to attend a match then you will be able to forward your ticket to a friend or family member providing:

• They have created a Bristol Sport Club Account. Instructions on how to do so can be found here
  • They have linked their Bristol Sport Club Account to a ticketing account (and have a Supporter ID Number)
  • They are linked to your friends/family group within your ticketing account.

Full details on how to do this will follow in the coming weeks ahead of our opening fixture vs Preston North End (Sat, Aug 5th).

Which seemed to be the biggest ask...

• Like 2

I must say this looks very easy and better than other clubs that have digital tickets, some of them I’ve seen are just bar codes that last the season, so for instance if you lent it to someone by screenshot they could use it all season if they got to the ground before you…….and didn’t like you for some reason.

This is going to make it so much easier for me living in Devon to give my ticket to friends on occasions I can’t go. Or come to think of it, easier for everyone as you no longer have to meet up with the person to give your card and then again to collect it after.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Says on there, for kids tickets, they will have to go on my phone.

Hopefully they will let me have physical tickets, for my kids tickets

Why can't you just add them onto yours? Pretty straightforward, same as adding all your families boarding passes on one phone, just flick to the next one and go through 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, !james said:

Why can't you just add them onto yours? Pretty straightforward, same as adding all your families boarding passes on one phone, just flick to the next one and go through 

Because, i only have my kids at weekends. And i let other people use the kids tickets for midweek matches, or the kids go with other people.

Dont leave me with much flexibility.

Edited by Riaz

• Admin
24 minutes ago, !james said:

and on here 

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Just now, Riaz said:

Because, i only have my kids at weekends. And i let other people use the kids tickets in the week, or the kids go with other people.

You can forward them on if others are using them 

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Because, i only have my kids at weekends. And i let other people use the kids tickets for midweek matches, or the kids go with other people.

Like @ralphindevonsaid above it makes it much easier now to transfer the tickets online rather than having to hand over and then collect a physical ticket... anyway just a thought! 

States quite deep in the FAQs that there is a survey for someone to complete upon requesting a physical season ticket. May mean that they may have to approve/deny, rather than just give people them if they ask…

2 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

States quite deep in the FAQs that there is a survey for someone to complete upon requesting a physical season ticket. May mean that they may have to approve/deny, rather than just give people them if they ask…

Survey suggest wanting feedback, to gauge reasons.

Rather than an application per se.

Although proof of the pudding…..

• Admin
10 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Which to me makes perfect sense

This will sound unfair to some, but this change is happening whether people like it or not, and the club will not be issuing hundreds of physical cards just because people don't like the idea of change

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

Which to me makes perfect sense

This will sound unfair to some, but this change is happening whether people like it or not, and the club will not be issuing hundreds of physical cards just because people don't like the idea of change

Just wait for all the "I'm getting a card because I've always had one" ?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Admin
17 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Just wait for all the "I'm getting a card because I've always had one" ?!

You jest but I have already seen that a number of times already online 

A friend just described it perfectly, it is just like when our covid jabs were stored on our phones, except not as many clicks to open it 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Survey suggest wanting feedback, to gauge reasons.

Rather than an application per se.

Although proof of the pudding…..

Online survey??

Several older attendees at senior Reds don't do mobile phones and certainly not smart phones and have no access to the internet.

Hopefully get some help from family/friends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can I forward a Digital Season Ticket?

If a Season Ticket holder cannot attend a match they are able to forward individual matches from their Season Ticket to a friend or family member.

If you are a Season Ticket holder and are unable to attend a match then you will be able to forward your ticket to a friend or family member providing:

• They have created a Bristol Sport Club Account. Instructions on how to do so can be found here
  • They have linked their Bristol Sport Club Account to a ticketing account (and have a Supporter ID Number)
  • They are linked to your friends/family group within your ticketing account.

Full details on how to do this will follow in the coming weeks ahead of our opening fixture vs Preston North End (Sat, Aug 5th).

Which seemed to be the biggest ask...

Hopefully there will be an option for the person who’s receiving the ticket on their account to pay the extra if it’s a different age group. Would make sense anyway 

Edited by mattjb

2 hours ago, phantom said:

You jest but I have already seen that a number of times already online 

A friend just described it perfectly, it is just like when our covid jabs were stored on our phones, except not as many clicks to open it 

I'm not jesting, they live amongst us!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, !james said:

But how does that work in practice? 

The person who has the tickets on the phone has to stand there and tap it whilst the other person squeezes by?

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The person who has the tickets on the phone has to stand there and tap it whilst the other person squeezes by?

It's not really a squeeze, the scanner is on the top at the front. One person can stand there and scan the tickets through without causing a queue. It's not like the old style turnstiles!

2bb6642f-935c-0d45-9a3e-6d5679f51609~2.jpg

59 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly the same happens when you go through  security for a flight. I have all boarding passes on my phone, stand by the scanner and the other people go through after I scan their pass.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Exactly the same happens when you go through  security for a flight. I have all boarding passes on my phone, stand by the scanner and the other people go through after I scan their pass.

Exactly. Same with train tickets on one phone. Not difficult. And City have even done Q&A on it (if one were needed!)

I have juniors within my group who don’t have a smartphone.

We understand that some junior supporters will not have a smartphone. As the accompanying adult, you should download their Digital Season Ticket to your phone. This means you will have multiple passes on your phone.

When you approach the turnstile, select your junior's pass first from your Apple Wallet or Google Wallet, touch it to the turnstile reader and let your junior proceed through the turnstile. Then, select your own pass, tap it to the turnstile reader and enter.

• Like 2

On 29/06/2023 at 11:55, !james said:

From reading posts on here and on social media there's going to be a lot of people requesting a physical one purely because they don't like change rather than not having a smartphone etc

Agreed just don't want everything on the phone including this.