IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

Just to add what others have said. You do not need an app, you will not have to open your wallet every time! I went to england u21s v France at Leicester in March . You simply hoover your phone over the turnstile and it will pick up your ticket. It’s so easy people and if ours if anything like Leicester's will be very quick. Change is good people :laugh:  

Edited by Taunton_BCFC
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Revitalised Red said:

There will be long queues of people fumbling to open the app……….. not at the turnstiles, but at the cordon of security people that you have to produce a ticket to, to get into the ground.  That’s why I will still request a physical ticket.

I don't think I've ever asked to produce my ticket. Bag check yes, fair enough as it's the same at every football ground or concert venue I have been to over the past few years. 

26 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just to add what others have said. You do not need an app, you will not have to open your wallet every time! I went to england u21s v France at Leicester in March . You simply hoover your phone over the turnstile and it will pick up your ticket. It’s so easy people and if ours if anything like Leicester's will be very quick. Change is good people :laugh:  

Exactly this.

I hope that only those who cannot function without a physical card will ask for one, otherwise additional costs will filter down to everyone sooner or later.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly this.

I hope that only those who cannot function without a physical card will ask for one, otherwise additional costs will filter down to everyone sooner or later.

From reading posts on here and on social media there's going to be a lot of people requesting a physical one purely because they don't like change rather than not having a smartphone etc

• Like 4

• Admin
11 minutes ago, !james said:

From reading posts on here and on social media there's going to be a lot of people requesting a physical one purely because they don't like change rather than not having a smartphone etc

100% this

I just wish people would stop worrying about something that hasn't happened yet and wait and see how they get on

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

• Admin
15 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

With the restricted parking around areas of fhe ground by our magnifecent council and thus ticketing i can see fans saying up yours i wont bother .

Tickets DON'T HAVE TO BE PRINTED !!

3 hours ago, Revitalised Red said:

There will be long queues of people fumbling to open the app……….. not at the turnstiles, but at the cordon of security people that you have to produce a ticket to, to get into the ground.  That’s why I will still request a physical ticket.

I have never had to show a ticket anywhere around the ground

How will taking a phone out of your pocket be any different to you taking your wallet out of your pocket?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

100% this

I just wish people would stop worrying about something that hasn't happened yet and wait and see how they get on

As my comment on page 1 said which has since got lots of likes in seemingly agreement I will be asking for a physical season ticket simply because I want one.

Not because I am afraid of change or because I'm worried I won't get on with the digital option very well, it's just simply because when paying £4/500 for something I want something physical in return.

Nothing more to it than that and judging from the response on here and other social media I would guess that there will be 1000's of others with the same thinking as me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, !james said:

Exactly. I guess the reasons for changing is ease of use and costs. If everyone requested one because they are sentimental over a bit of plastic that will drive costs up again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

New signing.

Thierry 

full-TD80001.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. I guess the reasons for changing is ease of use and costs. If everyone requested one because they are sentimental over a bit of plastic that will drive costs up again

I think what will happen next season if the demand is too high is doing what other clubs seem to be doing and charging an extra £10 if they want a physical season card. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I don't know which way you enter, but I always get asked to show my ticket by stewards next to the Atyeo statue. 

I just walk through and ignore them, it's totally pointless as ticket collections are behind them...

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Selred said:

I don't know which way you enter, but I always get asked to show my ticket by stewards next to the Atyeo statue. 

I just walk through and ignore them, it's totally pointless as ticket collections are behind them...

I think it’s the soot and broom that makes your look a bit threatening.

Cor Blimey!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RedM said:

Exactly this.

Tickets aren't however priced from cost but from estimating market price. As long as they cover the direct costs of the ticket them that is all that is required.

I only flag this as I had just this discussion at work recently where someone wanted to put the price of a service we provide up by £50 because that's how much our costs had gone up.

I noted that, to the buyer, what happens to our costs is an irrelevance; they will make their purchase decision on the price they have to pay.

I asked them what competitors were charging and it turned out to be typically £150 more so I suggested that they instead add £100.

And does nobody else keep old tickets and want to continue to add to them?

Some digital file on a phone isn't quite the same.

• Like 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Selred said:

Either Raynes Road or Dolman old main entrance from the park end

Sounds like the Dolman statue entrance is the issue for some reason 

I would put it down to the high turnover of stewards and new ones not understanding what their role is 

1 hour ago, Oldland2 said:

The digit ticket could be similar to a digit ticket I have for a concert, tried to screen shot it and got a message saying it will not work because it changes every 30 seconds

Won't be like this 

2 hours ago, Oldland2 said:

The digit ticket could be similar to a digit ticket I have for a concert, tried to screen shot it and got a message saying it will not work because it changes every 30 seconds

No, there are no moving parts on our digital season tickets. We are not that technically sophisticated ?

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

And does nobody else keep old tickets and want to continue to add to them?

Some digital file on a phone isn't quite the same.

I've got a few tickets and programmes, but certainly not all and no plastic, I would be swamped with stuff that I almost never would look at again. But fair enough each to their own.

Programmes have gone online only at some clubs now for a while, including us. I do see them quite a lot at away games though. I don't know how the avid collecters of these managed since, must have been quitexa wrench to switch away from the physical item as online is a very different experience. I can't imagine they would go to the effort of printing out?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Tickets DON'T HAVE TO BE PRINTED !!

How will taking a phone out of your pocket be any different to you taking your wallet out of your pocket?

Thats  ok if pensioners got a smart phone seventy year olds are not all whizz kids.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Thats  ok if pensioners got a smart phone seventy year olds are not all whizz kids.

It's best you read this thread from the start 

17 minutes ago, James54De said:

I always have to show my ticket. Always. 

Flip that to I've never shown my ticket 

Out of interest do you arrive from the Atyeo statue side? 

13 hours ago, RedM said:

For those worried about long queues of people fumbling to open the app. There is no app. As long as the phone is switched on, has power, it can just be touched on the reader and entry will be gained.

In theory this should be just as quick and easy as touching with a physical ticket. 

8 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Presumably this will require the phone to be NFC capable? (And have NFC turned on)

16 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Laudable but there isn't a homogeneous "we oldies" group, of the older people I know the division between computer literate and non-literate is primarily related to attitude rather than intelligence.

A lot of people who grew up without it don't like tech generally and don't have smartphones let alone computers or tablets.

I thought tech, or more particularly system software, a real boon at work but I don't want anything bar the bare minimum outside of work though am semi-retired these days in my fifties.

I almost always pay cash, have never used contactless or paid by phone, refuse to adopt anything I see as unnecessary like WhatsApp and only started online banking because my local branch had closed and I wanted to change a standing order without having a long journey to do it.

As with council car parks now requiring an App to pay, meaning that I will not now use them, the old adage of "the customer is always right" seems to have gone by the by, replaced by "the customer will do what they are told".

And then you lose customers.

Bit irrelevant now, but you do realise before your branch closed and when you still went in there in person. All they did was login to the online system and do exactly the same as you do now yourself. If anything you were wasting more time and effort going through an extra person. Hence so many branches closing when you can literally do it yourself without leaving home....like you are now! ...saving time and money also. Embrace things, it's not all that bad