IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Just like a season card now

No way of stopping 

Though those that think they can use the same ticket will get stopped on the additional use

Usually this and Pass2u wallet 

There will be no barcode. The season ticket will use NFC technology like when you pay using Apple Pay.

5 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I would doubt that. There's a lot of phones out there that don't have NFC. 

If anything it'll be both.

Club are using same vendor as Liverpool and alike. 

If your phone has a wallet function, it has NFC.

Edited by James54De
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So will you be able to lend to a mate if you can’t go?? If not gonna be even more empty seats in the south stand than normal haha

Isnt there a way of printing the tickets individually on the ticketing website?

16 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

They cost money. It really as simple as that I’m afraid.

Like offshoring with call centres, I do wonders if companies will roll this back over time. 

So why did the cost of season tickets not drop slightly when removing the physical option?

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I used to support a disabled supporter who found that problematic. The replacement service was cold, unfamiliar and more time consuming due to this individuals disability. He stopped attending. 

A club that moves to a digital only system would be involving itself in a discriminatory practice.

Your use of easy there is a perception. Easy for you is not everybodies easy. 

The use of "easy" is based on the factual feedback from the many clubs who have already implemented this. 

Not sure how it's discriminatory it's actually simplifying the whole process 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, James54De said:

There will be no barcode. The season ticket will use NFC technology like when you pay using Apple Pay.

That’s how I understood it as well. For that reason, I’d be surprised if a screenshot would work as it wouldn’t be scanned from Apple/Google wallet. However I know that I can share some tickets from my own Apple wallet to someone else who can then click and add to their own Apple wallet so hopefully that functionality works/is turned on for the season ticket. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I think it's going to be a bigger number than some think. 

Personally I don't need an alternative but I will be requesting a physical season ticket because I want one.

They are not giving out membership cards either so if you don't have a smartphone you will need to show an actual printed ticket in the bars or concessions to get your discount, progress I guess.

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

The use of "easy" is based on the factual feedback from the many clubs who have already implemented this. 

Not sure how it's discriminatory it's actually simplifying the whole process 

You have used feedback from clubs. What is the feedback from individuals with disabilities, and organisations that support individuals with disabilities? BCFC introduced ticketless in 2015 (?) the feedback they received from a disabilities charity and support workers and individuals with disabilities was this was not easier. 

The individual I supported loved buying tickets, he loved the interaction in the shop with familiar staff and loved his routine of buying tickets. His easy was taken away, and he stopped attending.

You again used your perception here - it's actually simplifying the whole process

If a service is digitalised who could have difficulty accessing digitalised services? The elderly? The disabled? A one sized fits all digital service can be discriminatory. The disabled people I support cannot use them. Age and disability are protected characteristics (equalities law) and making services more difficult for the elderly and disabled to use is discrimination. 

We both know, or are familiar with Arny  highlighted in the second post. He is right to be guarded about digital season tickets. BCFC are offering alternatives, and they should, going down a one sized fits all approach is not inclusive.

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 12

• Admin
1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

You have used feedback from clubs. What is the feedback from individuals with disabilities, and organisations that support individuals with disabilities? BCFC introduced ticketless in 2015 (?) the feedback they received from a disabilities charity and support workers and individuals with disabilities was this was not easier. 

The individual I supported loved buying tickets, he loved the interaction in the shop with familiar staff and loved his routine of buying tickets. His easy was taken away, and he stopped attending.

You again used your perception here - it's actually simplifying the whole process

If a service is digitalised who could have difficulty accessing digitalised services? The elderly? The disabled? A one sized fits all digital service can be discriminatory. The disabled people I support cannot use them. Age and disability are protected characteristics (equalities law) and making services more difficult for the elderly and disabled to use is discrimination. 

We both know, or are familiar with Arny  highlighted in the second post. He is right to be guarded about digital season tickets. BCFC are offering alternatives, and they should, going down a one sized fits all approach is not inclusive

Put it this way, other clubs have reported on the positive impact and easier use for people with disabilities

Obviously you have personal experience close to the subject but I honestly believe it won't be as complex as expected 

There's probably an answer to this somewhere, but I can't recall seeing it. 

What will be the process for cup games?

I have a season ticket and am thinking of bringing my 10 year old grandson to the Oxford game. Obviously I will be paying for the tickets. Is there any info on how this will work for bringing kids to cup games?

I have no idea how the app will work, but those saying 'just screen shot' it, there are app that prevent screen shots to be taken.  My banking app and First Bus app so precisely this to either enforce security or to stop tickets being shared illegally.

I hope the club do leave a loophole to allow unused tickets to be shared.   I go with 5 others (used to be 12 of us but life has got in the way for others) and we often lend out a ticket to someone who otherwise wouldn't come.  Got a couple of new season tickets holder this way, so the club can benefit in the long run aside from any drinks they may buy there on the day.  

My son is disabled but very tech savvy so he will be fine.  However, he first got a season ticket as a child and never had an email address at that time.   They still have his details registered with my email.  The club may need to do a data cleanup to make sure email addresses are up to date is that's part of the verification for a season ticket holder. 

3 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

There's probably an answer to this somewhere, but I can't recall seeing it. 

What will be the process for cup games?

I have a season ticket and am thinking of bringing my 10 year old grandson to the Oxford game. Obviously I will be paying for the tickets. Is there any info on how this will work for bringing kids to cup games?

I’d like to think they would be loaded to your season card if you have one once you’d paid for it but they didn’t seem to be able to do that before.

If there is an app I guess it will be loaded to that, failing that it’ll be just like previous years where you buy it and either download it on to your phone, this is what I did for the FA cup last season, or print it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

If there is an app I guess it will be loaded to that, failing that it’ll be just like previous years where you buy it and either download it on to your phone, this is what I did for the FA cup last season, or print it. 

You're probably right, just a bit of a puzzle how it works for my grandson. Oh well it  will no doubt be sorted and working perfectly ??

21 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

You're probably right, just a bit of a puzzle how it works for my grandson. Oh well it  will no doubt be sorted and working perfectly ??

Yeah i presume you'll be able to download his ticket and just swipe  across when you're at the gate. I did the same for my wife's Easyjet ticket a few days ago as she was struggling to find her phone in her handbag. 

As for working perfectly....... it did all go a bit tits up in one cup game recently, can't remember which one. 

• Like 1

Are people not aware that sharing season tickets is technically not allowed and never has been? Wouldn't surprise me if the club takes the opportunity to stop it happening. 

I can see why people would think this unfair, but from the club's POV there will be fans who might buy tickets but who don't because they regularly borrow season tickets instead.

17 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Are people not aware that sharing season tickets is technically not allowed and never has been? Wouldn't surprise me if the club takes the opportunity to stop it happening. 

The terms and conditions appear to say otherwise.

"10.3 If a Season Ticket Holder cannot attend a match but know of a Guest who can attend in their place they are able to do so provided the Guest is of the same Price Category for example, an Under-22 Season Ticket holder can give their card to another under-22 to use for a game but not to someone that is older."

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/usercontent/documents/html/tsandcs.html

• Like 4

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

The terms and conditions appear to say otherwise.

"10.3 If a Season Ticket Holder cannot attend a match but know of a Guest who can attend in their place they are able to do so provided the Guest is of the same Price Category for example, an Under-22 Season Ticket holder can give their card to another under-22 to use for a game but not to someone that is older."

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/usercontent/documents/html/tsandcs.html

Fair enough. Looks like I'm wrong. Although section 3.2 of the same terms seems to contradict 10.3. I wonder if 10.3 was added at some point.

On 24/06/2023 at 11:15, Cowshed said:

We both know, or are familiar with Arny  highlighted in the second post. He is right to be guarded about digital season tickets. BCFC are offering alternatives, and they should, going down a one sized fits all approach is not inclusive.

I don't buy the 'elderly' argument any more. The Internet has been relatively commonplace since the mid 90s, and whilst we might have one or two people who haven't considered, after over a quarter of a century of opportunity, to engage with technology age has never been a barrier.

Marty McFly only went back 30 years!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't buy the 'elderly' argument any more. The Internet has been relatively commonplace since the mid 90s, and whilst we might have one or two people who haven't considered, after over a quarter of a century of opportunity, to engage with technology age has never been a barrier.

And as someone whose career in IT (now more more sexily called Digital) has spanned 2/3s of that time period, I can confidently say your wrong.

You would be amazed how clueless people are, and it’s not a minuscule minority. While things are getting better, there’s a metric tonne of luddites out there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Your one or two. Digital exclusion numbers for those over 65 are in the millions - Tackling digital exclusion in older people | Mental Health Foundation

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

And as someone whose career in IT (now more more sexily called Digital) has spanned 2/3s of that time period, I can confidently say your wrong.

You would be amazed how clueless people are, and it’s not a minuscule minority. While things are getting better, there’s a metric tonne of luddites out there. 

These same people have probably not been on holiday for 10 years, since they lost access to Lunn Poly and couldn't pop in to pick up a brochure!

I understand completely that there are people who haven't gone digital (like you, I also work in IT), but there are limits to what reasonable adjustments should be afforded to some people.

• Like 1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/202324-advance-match-ticket-prices-announced/

PHASED DIGITAL TICKETING

Ashton Gate Stadium will be adopting a phased approach to Digital Tickets for City home fixtures. Match tickets for the first four home matches will be Print at Home tickets rather than Digital Tickets.

All Season Ticket holders will be sent their Digital Season Ticket with instruction to add to their Apple Wallet or Google Wallet in the coming weeks.

On 25/06/2023 at 20:36, Bristol Rob said:

The vast majority of over 65s will probably not have a smartphone though which you basically need unless you print your ticket at home and you would be surprised how many "older" people have not got a printer as well, personally for the small cost of sending out a physical card I'm disappointed it can't continue though from the club's point of view it makes sense. 

• Like 1