IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Your nephew will need to have a supporter ID number but you should be able to add multiple tickets to your wallet.  

Thanks. He had a season ticket last year and is set up on my friends and family. I already have my daughter's season ticket set up on my wallet. I guess I'll just need to make sure he appears on my friend's list of friends/family and then figure out how I access his account to download it?! 

47 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Did you take the picture with your smart phone??

I hope so, as it's none of their bloody business who has or hasn't a smartphone. At these prices, people should have received the type of tickets they are entitled to. But as usual, it's fans last.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dazza247 said:

Thanks. He had a season ticket last year and is set up on my friends and family. I already have my daughter's season ticket set up on my wallet. I guess I'll just need to make sure he appears on my friend's list of friends/family and then figure out how I access his account to download it?! 

Yeah that should work. I know they have said match tickets for the first 4 games will be print at home tickets so you might just get one of them. Probably best to get it sorted soon though and give some time to work it out. 

• Thanks 1

The ONLY bit that makes me sad about not having physical cards anymore, is that I won’t have an actual card to add to the many I’ve collected over the years. As in they’ll just disappear from my phone wallet at the end of the season. My daughter has a season ticket this year, and I won’t have a card to put in her “box of stuff to look through when she’s grown up.” 

• Sad 1

Sorry if I’ve missed it…

But if say a young adult or child ST holder can’t make a game. I’m guessing you can’t forward that ticket to an adult to use for that game digitally?

Or is there an option to pay the difference?

On 01/08/2023 at 13:57, Br1stolCityBoy said:

I’m renewing my iPhone soon. Would my season ticket come across on my new iPhone wallet ok or will it say that it’s already been added to another device?

I would check your iCloud settings first to check that your wallet is stored in iCloud. And then back up everything on your phone to iCloud before you start the new phone process. This is the standard new iPhone process.

If you have done that, I find that everything on my old phone automatically transfers to the new phone, including stuff in the wallet. So suspect the same will happen with the City season ticket. 

If there is a problem though the City FAQs say you will able to download your season ticket from your online account. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it…

But if say a young adult or child ST holder can’t make a game. I’m guessing you can’t forward that ticket to an adult to use for that game digitally?

See the step by step guide above - you can pay the difference. 

6 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it…

There is an option to do that, but you need to pay the difference. It's in the FAQ.

53 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The ONLY bit that makes me sad about not having physical cards anymore, is that I won’t have an actual card to add to the many I’ve collected over the years. As in they’ll just disappear from my phone wallet at the end of the season. My daughter has a season ticket this year, and I won’t have a card to put in her “box of stuff to look through when she’s grown up.” 

Take a photo of it Dolly. (Or even a screenshot - though that would be beyond me!). Print it off. Into the box. Simple! 

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

And stick the photo on a piece of plastic - or even frame it! 

Now there’s a thought…..you could take one for each game, and staple them all together and you’d have something more like the season ticket books we had years ago. 

I’m sure there must be plenty of people who still pine for those! From the days before our entitlement to books of paper tickets was thoughtlessly torn away from us by a club that just doesn’t care. And we were forced to adopt these new-fangled plastic cards ?

Edited by italian dave

17 minutes ago, eardun said:

See the step by step guide above - you can pay the difference. 

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There is an option to do that, but you need to pay the difference. It's in the FAQ.

Thanks gents??

22 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

I wonder if someone can help with something that is niggling me (hopefully needlessly). 

I received my e-mail with the digital ticket. I have never really used the google wallet but have 2 debit cards in it.  I did what seemed to be the "right" thing and added the ticket to my wallet, but it just never appeared there.  I have gone back to this a few times and tried to add the ticket to my wallet and it just says "already added".  Does anyone know if I can just show the ticket from the e-mail when I turn up on Saturday.  The club have not let me have a physical ticket as I have a smartphone so that route has been blocked off! 

Thanks for in advanced for any good advice.

(

I don’t have a Google device or wallet so can’t really help. But it sounds like the card is there. Does this help?

https://support.google.com/googlepay/answer/11470170?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#:~:text=If you've added a,by swiping left or right.

7 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Because we're paying hundreds of pounds and we're customers?

And if a fan wants to pay on the turnstile? Or if one wants to have a little paper book they tear something out of?

Things change.

Personally I find it pretty disappointing that the people who really NEEDED an alternative to the digital ticket may have been denied one now, no doubt causing a lot of stress for some - who might also find it difficult to sort out the alternatives at short notice, because so many people just wanted one for selfish reasons.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Because we're paying hundreds of pounds and we're customers?

You’re not paying hundreds of pounds for a piece of plastic though are you, you’re paying hundreds of pounds to watch 23 home games. 

I don’t see what emotional attachment you can have to something that surely gets binned at the end of the season? 

• Like 4

I have an adult ticket and a junior ticket I want to forward. Every time I try to forward either this bloody thing throws an error saying 

At least one Junior Price Type must be selected in this Area.

Blocking me from forwarding either. I AM SO BLOODY FED UP WITH THIS UTTER NONSENSE!

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly you are not the only person wanting to ask questions 

No he sadly he isn't! My queue position has been 15th for the last 10 minutes. Clearly the beta testing is not up to much as above. Thanks for approving my latest gripe to Jerry.

I am so bloody frustrated right now I wish I hadn't bothered buying TWO season tickets! 

And Brrrreeeeaaaattthhh!

8 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

No issues with new technology advancement.
Would expect club to have correct infrastructure in place if they’re going to introduce it though!

SPOT ON! They have released buggy software three days before KO. They are a year ahead of themselves introducing it!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Sadly you are not the only person wanting to ask questions 

I thought I’d tag you as you know me and might be able to get some answers 

I rang the ticket office today waited 45 minutes and was then treated to some absolutely shocking customer service 

the first thing I was told that it was only digital tickets were available and nothing else . When I challenged that he said again we had no choice to which i replied was not true as at the bottom of the page was the option for people with no smartphones to get a physical ticket .

the next thing I was told was that Liverpool have 39.000 season tickets and only 500 applied for a physical ticket.. I don’t care we’re not Liverpool 

last but not least they have now ran out of physical tickets …. 

the bloke on the phone was a complete bell end and unbelievable rude 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I thought I’d tag you as you know me and might be able to get some answers 

I rang the ticket office today waited 45 minutes and was then treated to some absolutely shocking customer service 

the first thing I was told that it was only digital tickets were available and nothing else . When I challenged that he said again we had no choice to which i replied was not true as at the bottom of the page was the option for people with no smartphones to get a physical ticket .

the next thing I was told was that Liverpool have 39.000 season tickets and only 500 applied for a physical ticket.. I don’t care we’re not Liverpool 

last but not least they have now ran out of physical tickets …. 

the bloke on the phone was a complete bell end and unbelievable rude 

Not good to hear, it always annoys me that anyone customer facing etc can't put a smile on their face or treat their customer politely 

More importantly did you get your tickets sorted?

I know the club have been caught out with the demand for physical tickets, and apparently have run out presently

The club CAN issue tickets by email that can be printed or shown on a phone screen etc

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Still no news on what to do if your phone is stolen then.

Not impressed with the club ?

D546EE95-F2A9-4E89-BD65-D4DE6B2E46B4.png

This is where (not just City) organisations are missing a trick.

There are likely many people with the same questions that can be easily answered, they just need to set up a Teams drop-in session and allow people to login, read the transcript or ask a new question. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not good to hear, it always annoys me that anyone customer facing etc can't put a smile on their face or treat their customer politely 

More importantly did you get your tickets sorted?

I know the club have been caught out with the demand for physical tickets, and apparently have run out presently

The club CAN issue tickets by email that can be printed or shown on a phone screen etc

Yes he did sort tickets via email and he probably has had his ear bent all day long but honestly mate it turned into a full blown argument and he just kept quoting facts about Liverpool. I’m ring the club tomorrow to complain, just a typical office bod that hides behind a phone . 

• Like 1