IGNORED

The Foo Fighters

phantom

I think AG is probably too small for a band this size. They'll want to be doing the biggest stadiums they can't so they don't end up doing more dates. It's a shame but Cardiff is better than London or Manchester (thats all they usually do)

21 minutes ago, Selred said:

Surely too soon after playing this year.

They didn't headline though. Killers did a 'secret' set much like FF this year back in 2018 and then headlined the next year.

That said, I feel like Taylor Swift and Blur will likely take up 2 of the 3 spots next year, not sure FF are necessarily nailed on.

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

They didn't headline though. Killers did a 'secret' set much like FF this year back in 2018 and then headlined the next year.

That said, I feel like Taylor Swift and Blur will likely take up 2 of the 3 spots next year, not sure FF are necessarily nailed on.

Well the Killers did it 2 years before (2018 was a fallow year), but on another stage. Foo Fighters were on the Pyramid Stage.

I agree about Taylor Swift and Blur. Then perhaps someone like Sting or Bruce Springstein for the other slot.

30 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I think AG is probably too small for a band this size. They'll want to be doing the biggest stadiums they can't so they don't end up doing more dates. It's a shame but Cardiff is better than London or Manchester (thats all they usually do)

I guess you are right. I'm not a fan so don't really know where they 'fit' in terms of stadium capacity needed.

I've done a bit of Googling and see they are playing London Stadium (WHam's ground) x2 as well as the usual bigger Stadiums.

We seem at around 32,000 more on par with Coventry etc. A couple of weeks ago I was at the Principality (Mill Stad) and it was said the crowd was 68,000. So yes we would have to do 2 dates to cover that, and Cardiff is geographically too close to make it viable for many.

• Like 1