IGNORED

Booking fees

David Brent

It appears that the club have now applied a £1.25 booking fee to each ticket. Wonder why they’ve done this rather than simply increase ticket prices. Rather disappointing to have to pay this on top of the advertised ticket price.

I’m aware other ticketing companies do this. They shouldn’t. 

51 minutes ago, David Brent said:

It appears that the club have now applied a £1.25 booking fee to each ticket. Wonder why they’ve done this rather than simply increase ticket prices. Rather disappointing to have to pay this on top of the advertised ticket price.

It really annoys me, if City just charged a bit extra and called it "the price" I doubt it would annoy so much or so many. But a booking fee is a real trigger.
I think it was a John Cooper Clarke gig that was flagged up recently. 
£65 a ticket , which is steep enough , then the venue added.
Service         £8.60
Facility         £ 3.40
Transaction £2.50

For print at home tickets.

If the £1.25 is for the company that organises everything fine, but again charge the extra and then the Club can pass on the "fee". You never get a ticket for the price of the ticket anymore and it annoys people. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

It isnt added on to the price it is included in the advertised ticket price. EG Adult Dolman ticket for PNE is £31.25. breakdown at checkout clearly shows ticket £30, booking fee £1.25. It's a legal requirement to show booking fees. I guess there are all sorts of tax reasons it can't be loaded onto the price and 'hidden.'

• Like 1

I hate booking fees for digital tickets, I've always seen them as a way to fleece more money out of people,

But this isn't unique to our club, its everywhere,  so while i don't agree with them, I also don't blame the club for doing it ether,

It's just another damning indictment of the capalist society we live in today

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It isnt added on to the price it is included in the advertised ticket price. EG Adult Dolman ticket for PNE is £31.25. breakdown at checkout clearly shows ticket £30, booking fee £1.25. It's a legal requirement to show booking fees. I guess there are all sorts of tax reasons it can't be loaded onto the price and 'hidden.'

The ticket is advertised as £30. To be fair, it does just about say that online tickets are subject to £1.25 booking fee (£2 over the phone).

Last season, a £30 ticket was £30 so I don’t believe there are “all sorts of tax reasons”.

If you all remember this came up before when the new ticketing software was installed. Much the same arguments, and city eventually incorporated this into the overall price.

There is no particular reason why match tickets can't be priced to include all fees, and a note added at point of purchase of what booking fees are included.

I realise from one of the above messages that the telephone booking fee is higher, but again, no reason why it couldn't be averaged out if they wanted.

If a football ticket costs x, I don't expect to be charged y for it. All that tells me is that it never cost x in the first place. So just tell me it costs y.

58 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If you all remember this came up before when the new ticketing software was installed. Much the same arguments, and city eventually incorporated this into the overall price.

There is no particular reason why match tickets can't be priced to include all fees, and a note added at point of purchase of what booking fees are included.

I realise from one of the above messages that the telephone booking fee is higher, but again, no reason why it couldn't be averaged out if they wanted.

If a football ticket costs x, I don't expect to be charged y for it. All that tells me is that it never cost x in the first place. So just tell me it costs y.

See my post above. That's exactly what the club are doing. The Dolman adult ticket is priced at £31.25 and a breakdown of the cost is given before you decide to purchase. There are NO X and Y prices.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

See my post above. That's exactly what the club are doing. The Dolman adult ticket is priced at £31.25 and a breakdown of the cost is given before you decide to purchase. There are NO X and Y prices.

The ticket is advertised as £30 on the main site. Yes, the ticketing site lists the price as £31.25 but that is not the point.