IGNORED

Virgin email

Maesknoll Red

37 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Anyone else having issues with it, bloody hopeless service recently.  All of Mrs Maesknoll’s historic emails have gone and I am once again without emails being delivered today.

Who is a decent email provider if I decide to move to another?

Snap.

Virgin Media are a nightmare to be with and especially to deal with.

Only problem is, there's probably not much to choose between all of the providers........

Virgin emails (now run by Talk Talk) fell over earlier this week and caused a lot of problems. Most accounts were back up and running within a day, but some have been badly affected. One of mine was fine but another lost all the historic stuff and emptied the system. This appears to be a tricky headache and they are not able to get everything back as yet. To that end, they will shut down the system from midnight tonight to reset things. We will see if that works.

VIrgin a misery to deal with? Yep.

• Admin

One of my accounts, all mails gone, Mrs M still hasn’t got her emails and yes, they are a nightmare to deal with, but generally for al” the t years I’ve been with them the actual service of TV and Broadband has been pretty good.

I’ve had an issue with a brand new Samsung Fridge Freezer, they are even worse to deal with than Virgin!!!!

41 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

One of my accounts, all mails gone, Mrs M still hasn’t got her emails and yes, they are a nightmare to deal with, but generally for al” the t years I’ve been with them the actual service of TV and Broadband has been pretty good.

I’ve had an issue with a brand new Samsung Fridge Freezer, they are even worse to deal with than Virgin!!!!

And what’s worse, with a fridge freezer, unplugging it, leaving it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in rarely works either! 

Edited by italian dave
  • Haha 2

if you are using any emails for confidential messages I would recommend signing up for proton mail, you get 1 email address a certain amount of free storage it is fully encrypted.  They have paid for tiers as well, but i have never found the need and use it purely for confidential email, which doesn't exactly get filled up quickly.

Any other general emails which you don't really care if they get compromised then use anything out there, they will all leach your they are all pretty much the same. if you happen to use a lot of google products go with Gmail I guess. I wouldn't trust any of the big vendors with confidential messages though.

Anyway that's my twopenneth

• Admin
7 hours ago, TRL said:

if you are using any emails for confidential messages I would recommend signing up for proton mail, you get 1 email address a certain amount of free storage it is fully encrypted.  They have paid for tiers as well, but i have never found the need and use it purely for confidential email, which doesn't exactly get filled up quickly.

Any other general emails which you don't really care if they get compromised then use anything out there, they will all leach your they are all pretty much the same. if you happen to use a lot of google products go with Gmail I guess. I wouldn't trust any of the big vendors with confidential messages though.

Anyway that's my twopenneth

Interesting, thanks.  Looked them up and found this review

https://restoreprivacy.com/email/reviews/protonmail/#:~:text=Proton Mail utilizes strong end,(more on this later).

Which also links to other secure providers, so I’ll have to have a read through them and see what looks best.