IGNORED

EFL attendances going to take a hit on SUNDAYS?

• The title was changed to EFL attendances going to take a hit on SUNDAYS?

I don't think this would be a factor unless it was Man Utd v Man City in a title decider and the City game was a dead rubber. City fans are City fans, nothing being shown in the Prem would divert me from going to Ashton Gate. It is pretty easy to watch live Prem games at 3pm on a Saturday now anyway and yet our attendances are the highest they have been since 79-80.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Rumours that Premier league will screen ALL its prem games LIVE on Sundays.

Considering we have moved two fixtures to Sundays already,I could see attendances on Sunday EFL games falling away

Isn’t that from 24/25 John?

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t that from 24/25 John?

Correct 

26 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Am I understanding this right? All 10 prem games on the Sunday and all available to watch live? 

No, only a handful of fixtures 

Lunchtime, afternoon and evening but all will be live 

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I don't think this would be a factor unless it was Man Utd v Man City in a title decider and the City game was a dead rubber. City fans are City fans, nothing being shown in the Prem would divert me from going to Ashton Gate. It is pretty easy to watch live Prem games at 3pm on a Saturday now anyway and yet our attendances are the highest they have been since 79-80.

You can watch any city game on a Saturday now as well if you know what you are doing (it’s not difficult) and yet as you say attendance is growing,nothing compares to actually being there 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 4
  • Robin 2

On 01/07/2023 at 03:44, sglosbcfc said:

Bless you! City are trying to attract supporters that aren’t dyed in the wool, City till I die, EastEnders with rubber chicken legs. Some will have a decision to make! 

However if they have bought their season ticket they can go and do what they like 

Edited by REDOXO

On 03/07/2023 at 04:13, REDOXO said:

Bless you! City are trying to attract supporters that aren’t dyed in the wool, City till I die, EastEnders with rubber chicken legs. Some will have a decision to make! 

However if they have bought their season ticket they can go and do what they like 

Are we though? Our ground holds 26000 (for football with segregation). The away end is 3500 + and we already average 21000. So actually we are trying to attract fans already in our supporters pool of tens of thousands to attend more often. I'm not convinced Luton v Burnley 3pm on sky will leave people with a decision to make.

7 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Are we though? Our ground holds 26000 (for football with segregation). The away end is 3500 + and we already average 21000. So actually we are trying to attract fans already in our supporters pool of tens of thousands to attend more often. I'm not convinced Luton v Burnley 3pm on sky will leave people with a decision to make.

We have sold 14500/15000 season tickets so far. The away end is a difficulty as it seems we are not in a position to sell any of those tickets to home supporters even if the end is semi full. 

So this means 19500 seats are unusable to potd sales assuming that no season ticket holder makes his seat available for the club to resell. 

It is very clear City are now first and foremost a business that provides entertainment and there are a large number of supporters that now see it like, that a product. 

attendance will be effected by competition even when season tickets are bought. Other things that play into are the “oh eff it I’ll stay at home” culture will be any amount of weather or a gazillion other issues like strikes etc. My point is Prem game on the Telly v other multiplicity of factors and some supporters will stay away. Gone are the days where the majority are hardened supporters and will always go. You only have to look around when the crowd is announced to see the ‘no shows’ at some games now. A Prem 5:30 KO can often be a factor. 

• Like 1