IGNORED

Robins TV 23-24

old_eastender

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Wonder when we will find out what the full season charge will be for the forthcoming season?

£170, or £140 if you paid early, last season.

I'm presuming if your annual pass is active to August, will be able to watch the pre-season games without signing up for £20 package.

The price of £140 was pre price rise. So it should be whatever the going rate is - presumably still £170.

4 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Do they show replays for international viewers?

2am starts get tiring if you have to work.

I've never noticed full replays of games posted for robinstv subscribers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The price of £140 was pre price rise. So it should be whatever the going rate is - presumably still £170.

Inflation rate from £140 would be £154. £170 would be £188. No reason for the club to go above that. Certainly wouldn’t expect club to go below that. 

2 hours ago, James54De said:

Inflation rate from £140 would be £154. £170 would be £188. No reason for the club to go above that. Certainly wouldn’t expect club to go below that. 

If annual inflation was negative, as it was in 2009, would you expect the club to reduce the price accordingly?

Probably not.

The current high inflation is mostly on energy and food.

The main costs for Robins TV will be salaries which haven't gone up by 10%, NMW being an obvious exception.

They can, of course, put the price up by as much as they wish but the aim will be to maximize revenue which comes from hitting the sweet spot on the demand curve.

I would hope that the club are more sophisticated in their sales analysis than to routinely apply general inflation to prices.

I recently dealt with setting rates on the hire.of a big meeting space which were last set five years ago.

In that time competition has increased for hourly hire but decreased for full day hire so we cut the hourly hire rate and increased the daily. We will then monitor outcomes to see if those decisions were correct and change them if not.

33 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

If annual inflation was negative, as it was in 2009, would you expect the club to reduce the price accordingly?

Probably not.

The current high inflation is mostly on energy and food.

The main costs for Robins TV will be salaries which haven't gone up by 10%, NMW being an obvious exception.

They can, of course, put the price up by as much as they wish but the aim will be to maximize revenue which comes from hitting the sweet spot on the demand curve.

I would hope that the club are more sophisticated in their sales analysis than to routinely apply general inflation to prices.

I recently dealt with setting rates on the hire.of a big meeting space which were last set five years ago.

In that time competition has increased for hourly hire but decreased for full day hire so we cut the hourly hire rate and increased the daily. We will then monitor outcomes to see if those decisions were correct and change them if not.

Ticket prices across other entertainment sectors increase in relation to inflation. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, James54De said:

Ticket prices across other entertainment sectors increase in relation to inflation. 

Yes, my point was that there is no reason for them to do so.

It is an easy and obvious course to take as long as your consumers will continue to swallow the increase.

I worked somehwere in the 2000s where the standard contract was for an RPI increase in pay every year.  After five years I was on over £10k more than my equivalent at a similar company despite the jobs having started at the same point.  The RPI increase was ceased.

Despite the RPI increase being dropped I continued to work there for several years and also did most others.

When a company notes that they have increased their prices by inflation you should question whether it was reasonable for them to have done so rather than assuming that that is the norm and continuing to buy their product.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes, when the club decide to upload them.  I try to give them a nudge if I’ve missed a game and would like to watch it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I always cancel my audio sub when the season ends and renew just before it starts again. I always pay monthly and use PayPal, why pay for no commentary for 2-3 months.

There is sense in this. I’ve had a subscription since day one on auto renewal.  Last season I had to have a moan to get the friendlies. 

On 02/07/2023 at 22:12, REDOXO said:

There is sense in this. I’ve had a subscription since day one on auto renewal.  Last season I had to have a moan to get the friendlies. 

Yes, I find a monthly payment of £5 for the Radio Bristol commentary instead of paying yearly or for each game, which is £2.50, good value. Sometimes you get five games in a month and I think the RB commentary is very good, especially when Gary Owers is co-commentator. Also, as I said, using PayPal is easier, as you can cancel and recharge anytime.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2023 at 20:12, REDOXO said:

I've got the video (live match for overseas subscribers) RTV on monthly subscription and it auto renews each month, does anyone know if the upcoming friendlies will likely be available...or does the sub only cover EFL games ? Anyone know?  Thanks 

On 02/07/2023 at 03:18, Sleepy1968 said:

I just checked mine, and the renewal is set for £170 on 31 July 2023. If they do an early bird promo, I'll can cancel the auto renewal like I did last season.

Yeah - good call, Sleepy. I'll be doing the same if there's an offer this year - thereby avoiding the same fiasco of trying to elicit a response from the club about last season's promo.

7 minutes ago, Dolman Queen said:

Has it been confirmed that current overseas yearly subscribers can watch the friendly games free of charge?

DQ

My gut feel would be no, the sub covers league games only.  Plus they are selling the games as £5 each (£20 for 5).

I guess if you login overseas / vpn you’ll see the games for sell or in your package.

• Thanks 1

MY auto-renewal is in november,due to the co-vid situation. When i go to buy the pre-season package i get the following message

you already have an active subscription, starting a new subscription will result in you being billed multiple times, if you wish to change the subscription check in My Account to see if you can upgrade your existing subscription.

Slightly confused,does it mean i get the friendlies anyway? can someone shine a light on this please?

1 hour ago, johnbytheriver said:

MY auto-renewal is in november,due to the co-vid situation. When i go to buy the pre-season package i get the following message

you already have an active subscription, starting a new subscription will result in you being billed multiple times, if you wish to change the subscription check in My Account to see if you can upgrade your existing subscription.

Slightly confused,does it mean i get the friendlies anyway? can someone shine a light on this please?

Yeah think so. Best thing to do is wait for the first friendly and load up robins tv and see if it works. If not then you may just have to buy separately.

• Like 1