IGNORED

sheff wed a bit naughty with its match day tickets

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

More than a bit naughty. The day we start charging £59 for a Championship match is the day I stop going.

People said that when the dolman went up to a fiver 

but yes that’s a lot of money for league 2 football 

25 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Graded from A to G

with £59 for grade A and £27 for grade G

Southampton will find out soon what they are expected to pay

I was annoyed at paying just shy of fifty quid for my usual seat in the Lansdown for the Man City game.

That really is taking the piss.

£59 is madness, but I'd expect our game up there to be £27 as we'll probably be in the lowest price category.

They'll be reserving the £59 games for the relegated teams I suspect as they're used to paying extortionate ticket prices.

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Wasn’t there owner moaning that ex manager Darren Moore wanted a big pay rise, now they want to charge football supporters 59 quid. And I thought our pricing for away fans was excessive 

Dread to think what the ticket price would have been if he’d got his pay rise! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Graded from A to G

with £59 for grade A and £27 for grade G

Southampton will find out soon what they are expected to pay

Yes it's a p take, but your source is misleading by taking the high figure from the most expensive stand and the lower from the cheapest.

£59-£36, or £45-£27.

They also have a membership scheme with a £5 discount, and 4 matches will get a £10 discount.

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

£59 is madness, but I'd expect our game up there to be £27 as we'll probably be in the lowest price category.

They'll be reserving the £59 games for the relegated teams I suspect as they're used to paying extortionate ticket prices.

Away fans in the prem pay less than Championship fans do going away.

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Aren't away tickets in the Prem capped at £30 - or did that not carry on.?

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Dunno.

But my mate pays between £45 and £80 for Arsenal home tickets as a silver category member, just gets tickets allocated but no choice where he sits and if he doesn't take the ticket he goes to the back of the queue for next game. 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Dunno.

But my mate pays between £45 and £80 for Arsenal home tickets as a silver category member, just gets tickets allocated but no choice where he sits and if he doesn't take the ticket he goes to the back of the queue for next game. 

That's entirely different to away pricing, which is (or was) capped by the league rules. 

Home ticket sales like that are a case of supply & demand & why people should support their local team.

• Like 1

I think there is a lot of reciprocal pricing with away tickets amongst clubs. Eg if we charge top prices to clubs they are very likely to do the same. 

I have a mate at Preston and they heard Preston were pretty hacked off as they charged us I think £23 and when they came here their fans got stung for £33. Similar happened with Hull a while back, we got £10 tickets there and I don't think they were offered any discount here.

There is also something that an away ticket can't be less than an equivalent home ticket isn't there? So not less than our cheapest ticket, South Stand?

Also home clubs can do 4(?) promotions a season where they don't have to include away pricings, (but some do give offers) eg mates rates etc 

So in short I expect Sheff Weds to charge us at least on par with what we would charge them, so expect an expensive ticket but not £59 hopefully!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes until 2025. The £30 cap for away games first established in 2016/7 season was reviewed  in 2022 where it was agreed it would carry on for the next 3 seasons

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Our equivalent top whack, non member, gold category ticket last season was £43 our cheapest, the equivalent of their £27 ticket, was £25. £59 is loads, but we are far from cheap, and our range of pricing is tighter.

Ours has been the highest in the league the last few seasons so we’re in no position to challenge other clubs tbh , barely a squeak from our fans about it as well .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Ours has been the highest in the league the last few seasons so we’re in no position to challenge other clubs tbh , barely a squeak from our fans about it as well .

Most fans never interact with POTD. Most pay their season ticket DD every month and that's it. For those fans the only POTD interaction they get is cup games - and those are normally heavily discounted to something like £20 per game.

It's only rare cup games like Man City last season when most are suddenly charged full price for their seat. But on those occasions it's excused as a one off...and hey it's a big team so people pay it.

I pay (members rate) POTD every time I come to AG. And yes, I moan!

• Like 1

Never understand why our club (and others) alienate a whole bunch of fans by ripping them off with pay on the day prices.

When I used to play, a long time ago now, if our game was ever called off late we used to trudge up to the gate pay out money and not bat an eyelid, I wouldn't do it now

2 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

I wonder if the grades will vary depending on how well Wednesday are doing. Top 3 and they grade games A or B to maybe fit more of their own in, or if they struggle more Grade F or G to get more away fans in.

Probably would factor in the position/size of the opposition.

But really these grading schemes are used to hike prices when they think they can get away with it. 

Fair enough for floating home fans, but not for away fans.

Roll on the independent watchdog, sh1t like this will be banned.

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Probably would factor in the position/size of the opposition.

But really these grading schemes are used to hike prices when they think they can get away with it. 

Fair enough for floating home fans, but not for away fans.

Roll on the independent watchdog, sh1t like this will be banned.

I remember a few years ago we played them away first game, and we were Graded A or the equivalent,  and were charged 39 quid, simply because it was the opening day. Any other time it would have been about 28. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Never understand why our club (and others) alienate a whole bunch of fans by ripping them off with pay on the day prices.

When I used to play, a long time ago now, if our game was ever called off late we used to trudge up to the gate pay out money and not bat an eyelid, I wouldn't do it now

I think they do this to make ST prices look even more attractive, almost 'force' people into commiting to buying a ST as POTD prices are so extortionate.

If ST prices and POTD were comparably similar then people wouldn't bother with outlaying so much money but cherry pick games. Its not often we have a league sell out, tickets will always be available.

• Like 2