IGNORED

Reading friendly replaced by Torquay fixture

Desso

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I can't believe that anyone would actually pay to watch a pre season kick a bout live let alone on a dodgy TV stream!

I can't believe that you really think that pre-season games are just "a kick a bout" ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Reading managed to put a team together against Wimbledon in Spain three days ago where they lost 1-0 in very hot conditions.

Maybe they didn't fancy another potentially tough game in such a short space of time.

Their development squad lost 5-0 against Torquay over the weekend.

Just bad planning on Readings part it seems.

6 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Does anyone get the feeling that Reading could be one of those clubs that could go under? 

Yep.

Edited by bcfc01

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Mucks up pre-season for City with the next (now first) game next Tuesday.

Maybe an 11 v 11 within the club tomorrow  ?

I guess they've planned in 'game time/competitive minutes' so they'll probably have to resort to this. But it's a bit like playing yourself at chess.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Mucks up pre-season for City with the next (now first) game next Tuesday.

Maybe an 11 v 11 within the club tomorrow  ?

1 hour ago, Hartleysbeard said:

We’ll likely see a more competitive game internally than we would have got against the team they can put out currently. Hopefully not too disruptive to the preseason schedule. 

Surely the obvious solution is to put the first team squad out at Bath City tonight rather than the U23s?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Thats what I thought but a game against Bath may be more beneficial ?

I would imagine the Bath game is for those not in the first team group, so I’m not sure how beneficial it would be for our first team.  But that’s just me! ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I would imagine the Bath game is for those not in the first team group, so I’m not sure how beneficial it would be for our first team.  But that’s just me! ?

I assumed it would be as strong a team as Bath could muster against our younger players.

If so, it would at least be competitive, not sure how competitive an in-house game would be.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Side has already been picked for Bath too, those who are playing know they are.

This is like we were due to play & a flash flood (& there have been plenty of them recently) means it is off.

They have plenty of other games coming up so will adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Side has already been picked for Bath too, those who are playing know they are.

This is like we were due to play & a flash flood (& there have been plenty of them recently) means it is off.

They have plenty of other games coming up so will adjust accordingly.

I’ve just driven home in Bath and passed a couple of flash floods…

3 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Does anyone get the feeling that Reading could be one of those clubs that could go under? 

Well, they need a new owner at the very least. The current one got them relegated by not keeping to the EFL business plan. And he seems to be pretty bored of them.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’ve just driven home in Bath and passed a couple of flash floods…

Never liked Bath, always being Flash. With their flash houses , flash Roman Baths and now flash floods.

Just Big head's innum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Just saw the post you mention 

Screenshot_20230711_125408_Twitter.jpg

Note, the Portsmouth game is excluded from the rewards points swap offer. So choose from Oxford, Newport or Swindon, if you haven't already bought them. Or just get another code and donate it to a friend.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They've just moved back to Cat 1 for their academy and the costs that come with it so can't be in too much trouble

As for the cancellation you'd have thought City might have just told them to bring whatever squad they had bolstered by their best 21's and we could have put out an appropriate squad (18's replacing some 21's at Bath) you get a decent game for some still as you could still play the likes of Bell, Tanner etc in that and then give the other players missing out a tough match equivalent work out.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Note, the Portsmouth game is excluded from the rewards points swap offer. So choose from Oxford, Newport or Swindon, if you haven't already bought them. Or just get another code and donate it to a friend.

I wondered if they were linked to my account?  If not, then I’ll grab another one and let someone else have it.

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Let’s hope so , remind me of a franchise club & there ground is just so - well nothing one of my least favourite grounds of all time even when we took 4,000k found the atmosphere and the whole place flat 

10 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

They've just moved back to Cat 1 for their academy and the costs that come with it so can't be in too much trouble

As for the cancellation you'd have thought City might have just told them to bring whatever squad they had bolstered by their best 21's and we could have put out an appropriate squad (18's replacing some 21's at Bath) you get a decent game for some still as you could still play the likes of Bell, Tanner etc in that and then give the other players missing out a tough match equivalent work out.

I am surprised that many on here are seeing Tanner as mainly being a squad player this coming season.

I know many see McCrorie starting as right back Tanner looks up for it to me.