IGNORED

Oxford United Help Needed

Col The Ox

Done. Many, many years since I visited Oxford, was hoping this would have been an away tie. The very best of luck and I will be watch on with interest now that I have hopefully played a small part in this ?

5 hours ago, TBW said:

Are there any birds eye view plans? Always interesting to see where one stadium is and where the new one would be. I'll fill it in anyway but nice to see that kinda stuff and stadium size, anything like that.

If you click on the FAQs - Oxford United Stadium link in my original post it takes you to a page where one of the top headers is titled Stadium Development. If you click on that, the drop down box has Our Vision among the options and that takes you to the preliminary plans, where there is a schematic drawing of how the stadium sits in The Triangle. I hope that doesn't sound too complicated, it literally is three clicks and you're there.

We're planning on 18,000 capacity, home end with safe standing, 200 bedroom hotel, conference centre and lots of community spaces. There will be a green roof for the hotel and loads of other environmental features, as the local green council are making us jump through all sorts of hoops. We will be putting in a detailed planning application in October, after the County Council (hopefully) approve the long term lease of the land, so there will be proper plans and drawings available then.

The location is on the northern edge of the city, right next door to Oxford Parkway Station and two massive Park and Rides and the A34, so access is perfect for visitors. it will be 1000% better than our current rented, three sided shit pit. I, and all Oxford fans, can't wait to leave and have a place to call home again, as we haven't had that since we left The Manor.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

done - what a fabulous plan - i love it

Thanks very much, and once again thanks to all who have done the survey.

It's ironic that the Green Party and local NIMBYS are trying to claim that it's not an appropriate site, and yet it couldn't be "greener" or more sustainable. As well as being next to Oxford Parkway Station, two large Park & Rides, the A34 dual carriageway, and a myriad of local bus routes, the aim is to make it the most sustainable stadium in the country, with rainwater harvesting, living, or grass roof to part of it, solar panels to the rest, five times more accessible parking spaces than the regulation demands, and 400 cycle spaces on site, with the aim of eventually having 90% of all fans travelling by sustainable means.

Personally I just want a home of our own, without a bloody great stand missing, and with all of the income from the stadium going to the club (which is not the case now). It is apparently not going to be a standard wrap around bowl, but will have a bit of individuality about it, which I think is great. It's the same architects as Brentford new stadium, and I love what they've done there.

At the risk of repeating myself, thanks again everyone. Please tell me when I've become boring and repetitive, and I'll bugger off and stop bothering you!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/07/2023 at 16:32, Col The Ox said:

Thanks very much, and once again thanks to all who have done the survey.

It's ironic that the Green Party and local NIMBYS are trying to claim that it's not an appropriate site, and yet it couldn't be "greener" or more sustainable. As well as being next to Oxford Parkway Station, two large Park & Rides, the A34 dual carriageway, and a myriad of local bus routes, the aim is to make it the most sustainable stadium in the country, with rainwater harvesting, living, or grass roof to part of it, solar panels to the rest, five times more accessible parking spaces than the regulation demands, and 400 cycle spaces on site, with the aim of eventually having 90% of all fans travelling by sustainable means.

Personally I just want a home of our own, without a bloody great stand missing, and with all of the income from the stadium going to the club (which is not the case now). It is apparently not going to be a standard wrap around bowl, but will have a bit of individuality about it, which I think is great. It's the same architects as Brentford new stadium, and I love what they've done there.

At the risk of repeating myself, thanks again everyone. Please tell me when I've become boring and repetitive, and I'll bugger off and stop bothering you!!!

Growing up around Kidlington and knowing the area I find it amazing that the NIMBYs are kicking off about this, when they are happy for North Oxford Golf course to be built on...if that little bit of land belonged to one of the university colleges and they wanted a ground you could bet your last cent they'd have it built by now..Good spot for a stadium very sensible plan for all points, unless you are buying a new house on the golf course or live on the periphery of Garden City!!!!

21 hours ago, adamski said:

Growing up around Kidlington and knowing the area I find it amazing that the NIMBYs are kicking off about this, when they are happy for North Oxford Golf course to be built on...if that little bit of land belonged to one of the university colleges and they wanted a ground you could bet your last cent they'd have it built by now..Good spot for a stadium very sensible plan for all points, unless you are buying a new house on the golf course or live on the periphery of Garden City!!!!

Yes, that's the irony of the NIMBY protests, it's as perfect a site as you'll ever find in Oxford. Thanks again all, for filling out the survey.

• Like 2