IGNORED

Visiting from Alaska - looking for recommendations!

New2City

I've been a City fan for 10 years now since my first trip across the pond in 2013, and I'll be returning later this fall for a couple weeks. I always try to take in a couple games, see some new grounds, etc but this time I've apparently picked awful dates for my trip :( 

I'll be in England from October 27 - November 6, and the first weekend is unfortunately Cardiff away which I know will be impossible to get tickets to, so I'm looking for some alternative recommendations for that weekend. I thought maybe rugby, but I didn't see fixtures posted yet. Or women's league? Something non-league? I'm good to travel pretty much anywhere in the country. 

Fingers crossed we make it to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup and get a nice draw, and I'll definitely be getting tickets to see us at home on November 4 against the Owls. 

Thanks in advance! 

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

If you contact Jerry SLO (supporters Liaison Office) I would have thought he could help you in getting a Cardiff ticket.

The Turtle's idea is a good one. We went to their old ground, Ninian Park, and had to sit in the main stand as I couldn't get away end tickets.  You no doubt, don't have a Bristolian accent so it won't be a problem. Just celebrate the goals and win when you get over the border afterwards!

• Like 7

15 hours ago, New2City said:

I've been a City fan for 10 years now since my first trip across the pond in 2013, and I'll be returning later this fall for a couple weeks. I always try to take in a couple games, see some new grounds, etc but this time I've apparently picked awful dates for my trip :( 

I'll be in England from October 27 - November 6, and the first weekend is unfortunately Cardiff away which I know will be impossible to get tickets to, so I'm looking for some alternative recommendations for that weekend. I thought maybe rugby, but I didn't see fixtures posted yet. Or women's league? Something non-league? I'm good to travel pretty much anywhere in the country. 

Fingers crossed we make it to the 4th round of the Carabao Cup and get a nice draw, and I'll definitely be getting tickets to see us at home on November 4 against the Owls. 

Thanks in advance! 

Yatton Athletic

• Like 1

15 hours ago, New2City said:

Thanks in advance! 

I'm not sure Cardiff away will be impossible to get a ticket to. If you get/have a membership (£25) then that gets you priority over general sale and normally means you're only a day or two behind STholders in terms of when you can get a ticket. If you're organised I'd expect you could get one.

• Like 1

October 28th, the Memorial Stadium Bristol's premier sports venue, an exciting game against Northampton Town.

Seats in the new South Stand are hard to come by but if you are lucky enough to secure a ticket then in the adjoining subterranean concourse corridor food court you'll find a nice selection of baked alaskas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

41 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Go in any home end new, and anybody asks the time or where you are from, a Alaskan accent nobody's bothering you, probably break the ice tbf

Nice pun, even if unintended ?

I don’t think it’ll be too much trouble to get a ticket for the Cardiff match btw.

@New2City - Sign up as a Bristol Sport member and go from there.

https://login.bristol-sport.co.uk/Auth/Register?mandatory=true

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bert tann said:

October 28th, the Memorial Stadium Bristol's premier sports venue, an exciting game against Northampton Town.

Seats in the new South Stand are hard to come by but if you are lucky enough to secure a ticket then in the adjoining subterranean concourse corridor food court you'll find a nice selection of baked alaskas.

It's also a sparsely populated inhospitable wasteland so if you're feeling a bit homesick it'd be the perfect spot

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

If you contact Jerry SLO (supporters Liaison Office) I would have thought he could help you in getting a Cardiff ticket.

The Turtle's idea is a good one. We went to their old ground, Ninian Park, and had to sit in the main stand as I couldn't get away end tickets.  You no doubt, don't have a Bristolian accent so it won't be a problem. Just celebrate the goals and win when you get over the border afterwards!

I have reached out to the SLO, but no response yet. I know impatience is quite an American trait :) 

All the fun of being a City away fan is the atmosphere and vibe, singing along, which would be missing if I sat in the home end. I am up to date on all of my immunizations though, just in case ;) 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm not sure Cardiff away will be impossible to get a ticket to. If you get/have a membership (£25) then that gets you priority over general sale and normally means you're only a day or two behind STholders in terms of when you can get a ticket. If you're organised I'd expect you could get one.

I do have a membership. I always buy one when I'm traveling over just to help out with getting tickets. I guess I was thinking the match always sold out at the season ticket stage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Bath City are home to Worthing on 28 October. The ground and the area around it is nothing special but Bath is a good place to visit before and after the match 

I have been to Bath, and yes, it was a very nice place to visit. I will keep this one in mind. 

4 hours ago, bert tann said:

…..and fake Fanta

4 hours ago, Red Skin said:

Hope you have a great trip over and get tickets for the games you'd like to see. ? I love that we have fans overseas coming to visit and cheers on the lads.  ??

You can blame a fellow City fan for that... he promised to take me to a match if I ever came over to visit, and silly me, I didn't even ask what team or anything. UK Border Control always gives me funny looks when I say I'm coming over for the footy and they ask what team I am going to see! 

I've been to 12 matches in 5 trips since 2013.

• Like 3
  • Robin 4

22 minutes ago, New2City said:

You can blame a fellow City fan for that... he promised to take me to a match if I ever came over to visit, and silly me, I didn't even ask what team or anything. UK Border Control always gives me funny looks when I say I'm coming over for the footy and they ask what team I am going to see! 

I've been to 12 matches in 5 trips since 2013.

Only if you can guarantee wins can you come over for a 6th if not ill contact Border Force and you can be banned. 

• Haha 1