IGNORED

A not really Swindon Town friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I watched the second Torquay goal back. I see absolutely no issue with Zak in that goal. What was he culpable for in your opinion out of interest?

I don't think he's solely culpable for any of the goals, hence I said 'a bit loose'. 

The 2nd Torquay goal, from memory he gets a bit caught in two minds and misses his chance to attack the ball? Might be harsh?

• Thanks 1

Well it’s pre-season isn’t it - levels a bit too low though.

Won’t over think it - but a few observations:

James - Knight - Scott midfield a sign of what could be. Knight looks great signing.

Dickie making LCB his own, good half, very good on the ball.

Roberts looked good.

Think that front 3 is our 2nd string but all had good moments. Bell a threat, Cornick improving all the time, Wells dropped off well. 

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I watched the second Torquay goal back. I see absolutely no issue with Zak in that goal. What was he culpable for in your opinion out of interest?

Weird, isn’t it?

Swindon’s goal was clearly a poor mistake by Knight but still all 3 so far are apparently down to Vyner.

It’s like last season never happened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

First 45 a bit patchy but nothing much to worry about. This is Swindle's 4th game so perhaps are a little further along. Bell scored a good goal from a beautiful Wells pass but missed a sitter at the end of the half from a Wells cross. Dickie cool, Roberts tidy for the most part and Knight industrious but got robbed in midfield in the run up to their equaliser. Another 15 minutes now and then it's all change. 

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Weird, isn’t it?

Swindon’s goal was clearly a poor mistake by Knight but still all 3 so far are apparently down to Vyner.

It’s like last season never happened.

Bit of tabloid journalism from you there Graham.