IGNORED

A not really Swindon Town friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

42 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Mehmetis distribution has improved a lot , looks a much more rounded player now ?

I've always been a fan of Mehmeti, albeit I appreciate he didn't fully settle last season. 

This is very harsh on Bell, but I really like the Pring Mehmeti combo out wide, and can see them supplying Conway nicely.

I'd like to see Sykes and McCrorie do the same on the right.

Mehmeti's weight of pass has been top notch. 

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Really disappointing. Game dragged so much it felt about 2 hours long for a start, and we noticeably took our foot off the gas after the 7th went in - if we keep that up in the league we'll be in trouble this year.

Wells still can't get on the scoresheet which is a big concern, Scott took about 5m off his value with his poor attempts on goal, Vyner responsible for ANOTHER goal conceded, and Conway with a really lazy miss late on.

Pearson needs to get into them ASAP. I know it's just pre-season but big issues already.

/s (?)

10 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Really disappointing. Game dragged so much it felt about 2 hours long for a start, and we noticeably took our foot off the gas after the 7th went in - if we keep that up in the league we'll be in trouble this year.

Wells still can't get on the scoresheet which is a big concern, Scott took about 5m off his value with his poor attempts on goal, Vyner responsible for ANOTHER goal conceded, and Conway with a really lazy miss late on.

Pearson needs to get into them ASAP. I know it's just pre-season but big issues already.

Did we score 7 or them?? I'm confused. If Wells is struggling to score but we score 7........hmm. Everything else is just pre season things surely? Fitness is the main goal, scoring a few is helpful obviously and let's get the defensive mistakes out there now before season starts. Conway can be as lazy as he wants after scoring 4 already right?? 

Big issues ahead...for me and my reading comprehension sorry!!! I'm going back to work instead of quickly reading threads.

Edited by collier
  • Haha 5
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, collier said:

Did we score 7 or them?? I'm confused. If Wells is struggling to score but we score 7........hmm. Everything else is just pre season things surely? Fitness is the main goal, scoring a few is helpful obviously and let's get the defensive mistakes out there now before season starts. Conway can be as lazy as he wants after scoring 4 already right?? 

Really?

• Haha 1

Just now, collier said:

I think he was being deliberately pessimistic with his analysis of the game..

20 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

And as for Naismith, it was like he wasn't there.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

6-2

7-1

8-0

9-(1)

10-(2)

Our goal difference is going to be insane this season if we keep this up.

My worry is that City’s pre season results tend to be a bit like the pre match bit of the matchday thread on OTIB

When everyone’s moaning about the team it usually means we go on and get a good result. And when everyone’s happy with the starting XI they let us down.

Likewise, a good pre-season usually proves a false hope for a dismal season, whilst after a disastrous pre season we generally do well.

On the other hand…..we’re doing things differently now ??

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A Swindon fan on their townend forum mentioned getting TC on loan.

I don't think so wannabe Bristolians, he's staying right where he is.

I actually think it would be a good move for all parties. We'll loan in Haaland as cover.

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A Swindon fan on their townend forum mentioned getting TC on loan.

I don't think so wannabe Bristolians, he's staying right where he is.

I wouldn't loan Swindle the cheese off the end of my knob or the steam from my piss, let alone TC, Seb P-H, the tea lady or anyone else.

**** 'em...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I wouldn't loan Swindle the cheese off the end of my knob or the steam from my piss, let alone TC, Seb P-H, the tea lady or anyone else.

**** 'em...

As someone who lives in West Swindon, this result is great.

Regarding loans to Swindon, I wouldn't do it based on the experience that their fans will jump on any mistakes a City loanee makes,and I'm referencing both Kadji and Jonny Smith.  

They have to hide their jealousy because we don't even acknowledge them as a rival but it soon comes to the fore on any little failing City show/have, which is probably not conjusive to a player in his first taste of pro-level football.

• Like 1