IGNORED

AC Milan Games

Selred

I'd like to go to AC Milan this season to watch them play at the San Siro before it closes.

Fixtures have been announced, and weirdly AC Milan play home games on Sundays?

Does anyone know when I can be confident to book flights for December fixtures? Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

I'd like to go to AC Milan this season to watch them play at the San Siro before it closes.

Does anyone know when I can be confident to book flights for December fixtures? Thanks in advance!

Those Sunday dates and times are the default until the TV schedules are announced. So don’t assume it will be a Sunday in December.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

The TV schedules usually come out a month to six weeks beforehand. So, you can either book flights and make a long weekend of it (Fri - Tues) or wait til the schedules are confirmed.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The TV schedules usually come out a month to six weeks beforehand. So, you can either book flights and make a long weekend of it (Fri - Tues) or wait til the schedules are confirmed.

14 minutes ago, Selred said:

It's a pain and really makes you appreciate how English fixtures are done.It is the hardest thing about going to games in some other countries 

Need to book Friday (early) to Tuesday, to be absolutely sure of getting the game.

Im spain, they decide fixture times 2 weeks before. Pretty sure when i went to Milan derby it was 2 weeks, as i booked flights 1 month before with no idea when game was.

I'm planning to go to sporting v porto in December, as part of a Lisbon trip. If the game is Monday, no football for me.

In short, if you can Friday early til Tuesday. It's the only way you can be absolutely sure you'll be safe with your flights.

7 minutes ago, The turtle said:

It's a pain and really makes you appreciate how English fixtures are done.It is the hardest thing about going to games in some other countries 

Need to book Friday (early) to Tuesday, to be absolutely sure of getting the game.

Im spain, they decide fixture times 2 weeks before. Pretty sure when i went to Milan derby it was 2 weeks, as i booked flights 1 month before with no idea when game was.

I'm planning to go to sporting v porto in December, as part of a Lisbon trip. If the game is Monday, no football for me.

In short, if you can Friday early til Tuesday. It's the only way you can be absolutely sure you'll be safe with your flights.

It would be very unusual to be as little as two weeks. And then it would likely be because of other unknowns like playing in Europe. The first four weeks of the new season, through to 20 September, have already been done. 

And I’m not sure ours are much better - especially at PL level. It’s by no means unknown  even for ours to change at 5 weeks notice when Sky have their say. 

I agree though; best way is to just make the most of it and have a long weekend if you can do that. There’s plenty to do in Milan - and it’s not impossible that you get another match in to that same weekend. Monza is no distance at all from Milan for example. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The turtle said:

Do you know when they are announced? Hoping to go in October! 

I've never been to a game abroad before so really wanting to scratch the itch this year!

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

I've never been to a game abroad before so really wanting to scratch the itch this year!

If you're not fussy about where you see your game abroad, I went to Barcelona in May and getting tickets there was super easy. You can do so via their official website, just need a passport to secure the tickets against (in case you're trouble I assume)

Edited by CheddarReds

I got tickets for Inter a few years ago, we booked Friday to Monday as the fixtures weren't confirmed until a few weeks before. As it turned out the Inter game was on the Saturday evening and we were able to go to Atalanta on the Sunday, which worked out well as we were flying out of Bergamo on the Monday morning.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

If you're not fussy about where you see your game abroad, I went to Barcelona in May and getting tickets there was super easy. You can do so via their official website, just need a passport to secure the tickets against (in case you're trouble I assume)

I went to a Milan game end of last season and much the same as far as tickets was concerned. Dead easy via the AC Milan website, print at home or put on your phone, you have to provide a passport number - and remember to take your passport to the game because they do check. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I went to a Milan game end of last season and much the same as far as tickets was concerned. Dead easy via the AC Milan website, print at home or put on your phone, you have to provide a passport number - and remember to take your passport to the game because they do check. 

Amazing thanks! Really really helpful!

5 hours ago, Selred said:

The fixtures themselves are already up.

I've not paid enough to Portuguese ko times to know when the actual ko is announced

The weekend games go from Friday night to Monday night. The first weekend timings are still tbc

I was torn between

Sporting v benfica nov 12

Or

Sports v porto dec 16

I went with the second as also includes xmas time

Did Inter in December 2016 so more or less the same. Holidays are not that popular to Milan in early December before the Christmas rush, so I waited until the fixtures were confirmed before booking anything, as it wasn't too expensive.

I made the mistake of going in the ultras section. Most Italian fans are a bit right wing and it was uncomfortable, so I'd sit at the side of the pitch.

Milan is cold in December, and when I was there, there was a lot of fog, which made it feel much colder, so wrap up warm.

The San Siro is iconic and hauntingly beautiful, and is one of my favourite places to watch football. Really recommend it.

Security is a bit more rigorous and don't forget your passport or they will not let you in.

I went to the Milan derby last year (inter were the home side) signed up to a Siamo Noi card which cost €20 and got me priority, which for the derby was needed 

worth noting I think since covid Italian teams have seen a rise in attendances , grounds used to be half empty but don't think that's the case anymore with the top teams (Roma for example) 

san Siro is great and I urge you to get out there and do a game 

good point above about taking ID that matches your ticket, that is absolutely vital and they won't let you in 

Edited by Club and Country