IGNORED

The Open Championship

Red Army 75

Starts tomorrow at Royal Liverpool, looks a fantastic course. Watched Rick Shiels play it on you tube yesterday. 

Rory Mcilory . Good chance.  

Tyrrell Hatton.  Chance 

Tommy Fleetwood. Would love to see him win it.

Overseas players. Rickie Fowler playing well.

Also like Viktor Hovland.

Who do you fancy, anyone got a bet on

• Robin 1

On 19/07/2023 at 15:54, Red Army 75 said:

Starts tomorrow at Royal Liverpool, looks a fantastic course. Watched Rick Shiels play it on you tube yesterday. 

Rory Mcilory . Good chance.  

Tyrrell Hatton.  Chance 

Tommy Fleetwood. Would love to see him win it.

Overseas players. Rickie Fowler playing well.

Also like Viktor Hovland.

Who do you fancy, anyone got a bet on

You've gotta be happy after day 1!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think the lack of interest tells you everything about where golf is at the moment.  Used to love watching it, but it just lacks any poetry at the moment. 

Ye agree with it’s been in a mess over the last 18 months. And with the Ryder cup coming up and the uncertainty on who’s going to play. 

But I’m currently a bit addicted to it. Been playing quite a bit of late, and improving. Wish I played it more when I was younger.

Today should be a good watch. Weather after noon looks to be getting worse with rain and wind. Should sort the men from the boys. Keep an eye on Matthew Jordan. This is his home course and he’s played in thousands of times in the rain. He’s also playing quite well so far. Matthew Southgate is another to keep an eye on.

Needs Harman to come back to the field which I think he will. The yanks are used to playing in these conditions as they usually have electrical activity in the states when it rains so come off for safety etc.

Least the golf will continue unlike the cricket today sadly it appears. 

Getting fed up with the inane, yank inspired, moronic shout outs after every tee shot.

Watching PGA events as a kid and hearing the occasional "you the man!" was a novelty. Hearing dipshits screaming out meaningless phrases after every tee shot has to stop.

As shooter once said " damn you people... this is golf. Not a rock concert. Get back to your shanties"

Edited by DolmanGaz

52 minutes ago, DolmanGaz said:

Getting fed up with the inane, yank inspired, moronic shout outs after every tee shot.

Watching PGA events as a kid and hearing the occasional "you the man!" was a novelty. Hearing dipshits screaming out meaningless phrases after every tee shot has to stop.

As shooter once said " damn you people... this is golf. Not a rock concert. Get back to your shanties"

'mashed potato' 'beans on toast' I heard yesterday wtf?

1 hour ago, DolmanGaz said:

Yes, shouting "get in the hole" on a Par 5 tee shot is borderline lunacy