IGNORED

Angel City Documentary

1960maaan

Not sure I will be able to stick with this, an interesting documentary about Natalie Portman , Kara Nortman & Julie Uhrman trying to start a Women's Football team in LA. 
I'd be interested in hearing what others thought of it as I'm really not sure, it seems to be, every bad bit of modern football celebrated. TBF they have to work hard to make and raise the teams profile, there are around 9 professional teams in LA, but I really prefer how the Women's game has built in the UK. Having watched the program about the England Women's European Championship win, just before might have coloured my judgement , I will try and give it a few episodes.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I very much wanted to like the documentary, and the team itself, as I like the story behind it all. However, it does all seem rather artificial.

That being said, similar to @jj77, I would quite happily watch anything at all that Natalie Portman was in (and I've sat through some frankly awful films due to my obsession fandom ?).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure I will be able to stick with this, an interesting documentary about Natalie Portman , Kara Nortman & Julie Uhrman trying to start a Women's Football team in LA. 
I'd be interested in hearing what others thought of it as I'm really not sure, it seems to be, every bad bit of modern football celebrated. TBF they have to work hard to make and raise the teams profile, there are around 9 professional teams in LA, but I really prefer how the Women's game has built in the UK. Having watched the program about the England Women's European Championship win, just before might have coloured my judgement , I will try and give it a few episodes.

One of the owners discussing chants with fans was interesting.

She was tellin them what they will chant. 

And how.

Think Uncle Steve missing a trick to punch the air here.

IO IO

We are the financial boys

IO IO

We are the financial boys.

Stocks and shares.

And pension funds ..

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I read the description of the series and decided to give it a miss

These behind the doors documentaries are getting a bit dull now, certainly have no interest in average actors taking over a side

Give it a chance.

This one is different.

Angel City are really inclusive.

Next weeks episode sees their new signing 7.1 tall keeper Eric's first presser.

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I very much wanted to like the documentary, and the team itself, as I like the story behind it all. However, it does all seem rather artificial.

That being said, similar to @jj77, I would quite happily watch anything at all that Natalie Portman was in (and I've sat through some frankly awful films due to my obsession fandom ?).

I am sure you are obsessed with her acting talents and wouldn't be so shallow as to just be interested in appearance. :)

Screenshot_2023-07-20-13-19-13-68_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure you are obsessed with her acting talents and wouldn't be so shallow as to just be interested in appearance. :)

Screenshot_2023-07-20-13-19-13-68_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would bet that picture is photoshopped, and many years ago ?

Yes it's very photoshopped. Not much more than the face is actually her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I read the description of the series and decided to give it a miss

These behind the doors documentaries are getting a bit dull now, certainly have no interest in average actors taking over a side

I know what you mean, but I will give it another go. Can be grating .

I liked the Peter Crouch one where he tries to help a local non League team, got so far in and can't find it again, not sure if they stopped it. 

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I know what you mean, but I will give it another go. Can be grating .

I liked the Peter Crouch one where he tries to help a local non League team, got so far in and can't find it again, not sure if they stopped it. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peter-Crouch-Save-Beautiful-Season/dp/B09P6RLH2S

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

One of the owners discussing chants with fans was interesting.

She was tellin them what they will chant. 

And how.

Think Uncle Steve missing a trick to punch the air here.

IO IO

We are the financial boys

IO IO

We are the financial boys.

Stocks and shares.

And pension funds ..

Can go down as well as up.

We all follow the FT.