IGNORED

New website

BCFC1512

15 minutes ago, Henry said:

You’re confusing platform and accounts.

neither Twitter or OTIB are affiliated with the club.

His OTIB and Twitter are verified. 

The point is he should be liaising with his biggest platform. I’m sure when the role was created, that was promised. Along with regular fan forums, meeting fans away the ground pre match etc.

His OTIB is verified by admin on here isn’t it? Who themselves aren’t the club. 

The SLO Twitter account is an affliated account verified by the club. It’s quite simple. 

Your point that he should be liaising with his biggest platform is correct. And he is doing. City’s Twitter account has 216k followers. Are there that many users of OTIB? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I emailed Jerry the other day having not had my rewards goods turn up after 3 months and the club were ignoring my emails. Not the most important thing going on I’m sure.

But within 20 minutes I’d had a response from Jerry and the club

Out of curiosity, what was the response? I’m still waiting on one or two things!

Edited by Pickle Rick

16 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

His OTIB is verified by admin on here isn’t it? Who themselves aren’t the club. 

The SLO Twitter account is an affliated account verified by the club. It’s quite simple. 

Your point that he should be liaising with his biggest platform is correct. And he is doing. City’s Twitter account has 216k followers. Are there that many users of OTIB? ?

The club don’t verify account on Twitter..err…Twitter do or you pay Musk a few quid for a blue tick!

also, he doesn’t have 216k, the club do. Two different accounts.

Im not sure you understand how social media works…

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Obviously in a minority here, but logged in and it's all my own details :dunno:

How long have you worked for Bristol Sport?

Seriously though, if they are using test data it needs to be obfuscated or manually created and unattributed to any individual.

Club should report this to the ICO where they'll get told not to do it again and sent a PDF reminding them of their obligations, if they ignore it, they'll probably get asked a few question, before being told not to do it again.

And if it happens again after that, the ICO will still do nothing, other than sending a different PDF with details of what a fine might look lime.

And if it happens again after that, the ICO might, possibly, have an opinion.

But only if they don't have a backlog.

The thing that annoys me most about the terrible designs we churn out across the board, is that Bristol is one of the most creative packed cities in the world.

There are so many local artists and designers who would deliver a ridiculously high quality work for whatever brief you gave them.

• Like 7

So on my laptop it wouldn't recognise me at all when I tried to login, until I went to the Bristol Sport link and signed in there. On my phone it doesn't recognise me either, but I can't find the Bristol Sport link to try the same trick.

Am I supposed to be registering separately for this new site?

7 hours ago, Henry said:

The club don’t verify account on Twitter..err…Twitter do or you pay Musk a few quid for a blue tick!

also, he doesn’t have 216k, the club do. Two different accounts.

Im not sure you understand how social media works…

The irony in your last sentence is amusing. 

I’ll leave it there as you’re obviously not going to understand no matter how many times it’s explained to you. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Out of curiosity, what was the response? I’m still waiting on one or two things!

They said they were out of stock of the shorts i ordered, offered a pair in medium which aren't much good to me but he said they'd send them anyway plus he'd look for something else to send to make up for it.

So I'll see what appears and when. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

The club just don’t like this place.  Despite the fact that they created it 25 odd years ago they seem to see it as the worst of the worst despite much more vile and toxic comment elsewhere on social media etc. 

it’s a shame. Mark Kelly was excellent on here and I don’t believe he got any abuse.

It is also a lot more balanced than social media.

Edited by Henry
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TomF said:

The club just don’t like this place.  Despite the fact that they created it 25 odd years ago they seem to see it as the worst of the worst despite much more vile and toxic comment elsewhere on social media etc. 

My theory on that is that vile and toxic comments written in 240 characters are easy to ignore and dismiss.

Thorough thought out criticism, suggestion, and discussion - which does actually happen on OTIB more often than we give ourselves credit for - is harder to ignore and rubbish.

Engaging properly on here would mean producing full answers and explanations rather than memes, 20 second videos, and "banter". 

• Like 11

• Admin

I am surprised that there hasn't been any "official" announcement from the club this morning about this

Even if to explain that the details people were seeing was user testing data

The way our club continue to dismiss problems, pretend they go away and hope they don't have to address them is appalling

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I am surprised that there hasn't been any "official" announcement from the club this morning about this

The way our club continue to dismiss problems, pretend they go away and hope they don't have to address them is appalling

Really frustrating. It's quite disillusioning feeling so unimportant to an institution I put about a grand into every year.

It's like they see us fans as a nuisance to deal with. We just want to be kept in the loop. They forget we as fans and supporters care more about this club than many of them as employees.

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree.

I imagine that they don't really want the first thing on the new website to be an apology......about the new website!

Do you think they just made it 'live' too early by mistake? I can't recall the details, and may be wrong, but I have this vague recollection of something very similar happening a few years ago, with something being switched onto live before it should have been. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Really frustrating. It's quite disillusioning feeling so unimportant to an institution I put about a grand into every year.

It's like they see us fans as a nuisance to deal with. We just want to be kept in the loop. They forget we as fans and supporters care more about this club than many of them as employees.

Its cascaded from the very top mate

I hope it was dummy data as people have alluded to, but weren't the addresses real Bristol addresses? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you were just testing fields wouldn't you just go with 123 Lane Street. Just make shit up. Mr A. Man. I'd like some clarity from the club sooner rather than later really. 

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

Its cascaded from the very top mate

All just a bit sad isn't it.