IGNORED

New website

BCFC1512

• Admin
55 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Its cascaded from the very top mate

The more I hear about the goings on within Bristol Sport etc the more I feel real sympathy for those that are customer facing and have to constantly fire fight for the constant mistakes caused by others higher up the food chain

The thing I struggle with most, is that the person right at the top loves this club with clear passion but must cringe every time someone reports these ongoing mistakes back to him

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Agree.

I imagine that they don't really want the first thing on the new website to be an apology......about the new website!

Do you think they just made it 'live' too early by mistake? I can't recall the details, and may be wrong, but I have this vague recollection of something very similar happening a few years ago, with something being switched onto live before it should have been. 

My personal opinion, is that the club released the Beta test version in error, BUT like also mentioned above you NEVER put anything close to real details into a test system you make up names / addresses etc.

At least one of the names seen last night is a Bristol Sport employee who I would assume would have been involved in the testing so to use their own address is at best a huge mistake but no matter how you dress it up it was a very basic and laughable error

I am frequently involved with user testing for new and upgraded systems with my job, if anyone ever used actual details during Beta testing they would be off the team instantly, but whoever signed this off and then actually released the wrong version would be sat across from a very senior Manager this morning facing up to some very serious questions.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ooRya said:

And here lies the reason so many people have requested physical season cards......................................

And yet, the last time we had a real genuine pre-season panic, with players out knocking on doors the week before the season started, was when someone cocked up the physical season tickets!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is the clock out as well? This screenshot taken at 12:50 just now by me, says the match kicking off at 13:00 kicks of in an hour and 9 minutes' time.

Seems not quite correct to me.

markup_1000010357 (1).png

I think that is a simply down to their coding, and an F5 refresh will correct it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

My theory on that is that vile and toxic comments written in 240 characters are easy to ignore and dismiss.

Thorough thought out criticism, suggestion, and discussion - which does actually happen on OTIB more often than we give ourselves credit for - is harder to ignore and rubbish.

Engaging properly on here would mean producing full answers and explanations rather than memes, 20 second videos, and "banter". 

Bollocks ?

Edited by Chivs

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The more I hear about the goings on within Bristol Sport etc the more I feel real sympathy for those that are customer facing and have to constantly fire fight for the constant mistakes caused by others higher up the food chain

The thing I struggle with most, is that the person right at the top loves this club with clear passion but must cringe every time someone reports these ongoing mistakes back to him

My personal opinion, is that the club released the Beta test version in error, BUT like also mentioned above you NEVER put anything close to real details into a test system you make up names / addresses etc.

At least one of the names seen last night is a Bristol Sport employee who I would assume would have been involved in the testing so to use their own address is at best a huge mistake but no matter how you dress it up it was a very basic and laughable error

I am frequently involved with user testing for new and upgraded systems with my job, if anyone ever used actual details during Beta testing they would be off the team instantly, but whoever signed this off and then actually released the wrong version would be sat across from a very senior Manager this morning facing up to some very serious questions.

Going by the staff list, Charlie Lincoln seems to be the most senior IT/tech/systems persons. He is good mates with Jon Lansdown as well. He would have been one of the senior leaders signing off this crap.

The more this shite happens, you can see the appeal of new owners.

• Like 4

Is anyone else's Outlook constantly asking for username/password to "download www.bcfc.co.uk/c/27323"?

Mine's been doing it all day. Could be for an image in an email maybe? I've entered the correct details but no luck.

It keeps coming back and it's driving me crazy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laner said:

Is anyone else's Outlook constantly asking for username/password to "download www.bcfc.co.uk/c/27323"?

Mine's been doing it all day. Could be for an image in an email maybe? I've entered the correct details but no luck.

It keeps coming back and it's driving me crazy!

Pretty sure that's related to the fixtures calendar on the old site. Guess removing it from your calendar should sort it.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2023 at 17:06, IAmNick said:

Just wait until people see the background for the dropdown menu, then it'll REALLY kick off

image.png.faa6570b9383ffe22fe39750cbaa18bd.png

PL aspirations on the pitch, bloody tin pot off the pitch. Heads should roll for this (and that iStock robin)

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

No, but there are 3,000 requests so it will take time. 

8,000 downloads. 

The rest have done neither yet. 

Yep - why I was countering the suggestion that there are only ‘risks’ with digital season tickets as some seem to be implying. Physical season tickets can also turn up late/be lost in the post etc. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, eardun said:

Yep - why I was countering the suggestion that there are only ‘risks’ with digital season tickets as some seem to be implying. Physical season tickets can also turn up late/be lost in the post etc. 

It's not like we have tried covering up a disaster like this before by getting players to hand deliver them 

I don't know why but I didn't think the new style etickets were being used for the first four home games - did I dream that?

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's not like we have tried covering up a disaster like this before by getting players to hand deliver them 

I don't know why but I didn't think the new style etickets were being used for the first four home games - did I dream that?

Yes only for season tickets initially 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't know why but I didn't think the new style etickets were being used for the first four home games - did I dream that?

Pretty certain I read that from the club somewhere!

Perhaps it’s a delaying tactic to “encourage” some who requested cards to instead go digital, to save having to bother with 4 e-tickets?

• Admin
14 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Pretty certain I read that from the club somewhere!

Perhaps it’s a delaying tactic to “encourage” some who requested cards to instead go digital, to save having to bother with 4 e-tickets?

I thought I hadn't, I thought it was said that people would have to print there tickets out?

Ahh well, our club are really on top of communicating with fans lately so everyone is sure to find out about 2:59pm on the 5th :dunno:

• Haha 1

On 25/07/2023 at 11:14, BCFCGav said:

I hope it was dummy data as people have alluded to, but weren't the addresses real Bristol addresses? Correct me if I'm wrong but if you were just testing fields wouldn't you just go with 123 Lane Street. Just make shit up. Mr A. Man. I'd like some clarity from the club sooner rather than later really. 

All just a bit sad isn't it.

Depends on the field type.  If they were testing an address lookup that required a valid postcode then real address data will have been needed to ensure this worked correctly. 

Notwithstanding that, all testing should've been done against a database on a separate Test server, so it looks like they've either done this and ended up somehow merging the databases with the existing live environment, copied the data back from live and deployed the whole package including database records to live or they've conducted UAT against a live database, which is bonkers!  Mr P D, which may not be his actual initials, I expect will be an employee of the club and also one of the test users.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Depends on the field type.  If they were testing an address lookup that required a valid postcode then real address data will have been needed to ensure this worked correctly. 

Any half arsed tester would use the address of the building that they were in

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

I thought I hadn't, I thought it was said that people would have to print there tickets out?

Ahh well, our club are really on top of communicating with fans lately so everyone is sure to find out about 2:59pm on the 5th :dunno:

PHASED DIGITAL TICKETING

Ashton Gate Stadium will be adopting a phased approach to Digital Tickets for City home fixtures.

All Season Ticket holders will be sent their Digital Season Ticket via email with instruction to add to their Apple Wallet or Google Wallet in the coming weeks.

However, match tickets will initially be Print at Home tickets rather than Digital Tickets.

Its the same as before, you don't need to physically ''print' them, just scan them as always. 

• Thanks 1