IGNORED

Any news of Ayman Benarous?

LilRascal

6 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Absolutely need to be careful with his recovery from this one.  No point in rushing him back while we have other options.  Let him recover properly and just hope that the double injury doesn't take anything away from what looks/looked to be a promising career.

Absolutely - I can remember Christian Ribeiro....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LilRascal said:

Has there been any news of Amyan Benarous's recovery back from hic ACL injury? Is he anywhere close to getting back into the squad?

Last I saw was this piece https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-city-preseason-training-benarous-8555653  a month ago, which seemed optimistic. Would be great to have him back.

Done very well in the running from what I’ve heard and is involved in drills but obviously with it being a re occurrence we’re being more careful than we would with someone who just had the one (e.g. Weimann was straight in on the pre season after his ACL injury)

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Done very well in the running from what I’ve heard and is involved in drills but obviously with it being a re occurrence we’re being more careful than we would with someone who just had the one (e.g. Weimann was straight in on the pre season after his ACL injury)

Andi is a bit if a freak really.  He was virtually fit for the end of 20/21 season, but they’d already taken him off the 25-man squad list.  So he then had close-season and pre-season to be ready.  Amazing recovery really.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Absolutely need to be careful with his recovery from this one.  No point in rushing him back while we have other options.  Let him recover properly and just hope that the double injury doesn't take anything away from what looks/looked to be a promising career.

Your 100% correct.......the level, monitoring and standard of the rehabilitation       from an ACL is absolutely crucial for a full recovery