IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Season 23/24 Preview [x2] ft. Paul Cheesley / Gary Owers

headhunter

Season No. 57 for me personally and I'm predicting a not to shabby 10th place.

These two episodes are available on all the usual platforms or by clicking the links below.

If you want to avoid the predictable bombasity of Ian Gay who joined me for the piece with Paul then jump straight to Gary's with the more measured input of Neil Sutton.

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/season-2324-preview-with-paul-cheesley-ian-gay/

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/season-2324-preview-with-gary-owers-neil-sutton/

Both recorded pre-Pompey

• Like 1

great listen again guys, thank you for continuing to do this.

rightly commented that the oppo's have not been the strongest, but team are all looking sharp enough now.

Really tough to predict this year, agree that the league is going to be tougher then last year, but we look to have a better squadaud and I think we have got rid of a few of the "high on flashy YouTube moments and low on result/productivity" players. So I am going a ballsy 6th spot (with no money on it) and I think its just as likely to be anywhere above the bottom 3 and below the auto's...

22 hours ago, brady bunch said:

great listen again guys, thank you for continuing to do this.

rightly commented that the oppo's have not been the strongest, but team are all looking sharp enough now.

Really tough to predict this year, agree that the league is going to be tougher then last year, but we look to have a better squad and I think we have got rid of a few of the "high on flashy YouTube moments and low on result/productivity" players. So I am going a ballsy 6th spot (with no money on it) and I think its just as likely to be anywhere above the bottom 3 and below the auto's...

Thanks for the positive feedback.

who was "flashy on You Tube"?

23 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thanks for the positive feedback.

who was "flashy on You Tube"?

One of them had big hair, lots of "fanboys", very little productivity or end product, but because (IMHO) of where he came from and look + a good PR side was given far more credit then deserved. The fanboys are the OSIB lads (love um as I do!) rather then Dave F (who's judgement I respect and trust, but I don't agree with on this individual)

Jay de Silva was another (great first touch, lovely close control), but exploited so many times because of his height (OMG I am sounding like Mr Gay!) and how many times did he neatly get into a good position going forward, only for it all to fizzle out, slow down by him stopping, coming back on himself, playing it sideways to someone marked or delivering a cross to the far corner flag? I would be more forgiving if he came from our academy, but he was a big money transfer (that bit is not his fault I accept).

Both these two will still be able to produce a decent length YouTube video with all their best bits that will make them look world class - but I have watched every minute they have played for us home and away and when judged over the whole piece, we are well rid of both.

• Like 1