IGNORED

Question - Rail Seats/South Stand

Ashton Yate

Does anyone have any experience or sitting in the corner or the South Stand where the rail seats are? When sitting, do the rails offer a restricted view for children? A friend of mine has bought season tickets for Bristol Bears in that block, but wasn't aware that the rail seats were in place. It isn't advertised on the ticketing page and the photo shown online was taken before the rails were installed (bit crafty!). Any advice would be gratefully received, so I can pass over to him. He has an 8 year old child, so worried he may have obstructed view. Obviously that section is not used for standing in the same way that it is for City. Thanks in advance. 

Can somebody please confirm which blocks in the South Stand form the Singing Section/Section 82 with the rail seating? Is it S25 and S26, or just S26? I have managed to buy tickets for the Leicester game in S25, but not sure whether we want to be in singing section as with an Over 65 and standing throughout game may be an issue. Might consider moving seats, but wanted to double check first. Is there likely to be standing in S25? Thanks for any help.

31 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

I think your childs view will be restricted given that everyone stands so the rails will be the least of your issues.  

Thanks. Not bringing child with us to this game, but just not sure my dad (over 65) will appreciate the standing etc!

21 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Thanks. Not bringing child with us to this game, but just not sure my dad (over 65) will appreciate the standing etc!

My Season Ticket is in S25. The rail seating is S25, S26 and S27 and it's entirely standing for the duration of the game. If you think your Dad would prefer sitting, I'm sure you can contact the club to move it elsewhere.

Enjoy the game!

Edited by Puckle_red
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

Can somebody please confirm which blocks in the South Stand form the Singing Section/Section 82 with the rail seating? Is it S25 and S26, or just S26? I have managed to buy tickets for the Leicester game in S25, but not sure whether we want to be in singing section as with an Over 65 and standing throughout game may be an issue. Might consider moving seats, but wanted to double check first. Is there likely to be standing in S25? Thanks for any help.

Everyone stands and it’s frequently crowded so I would bear that in mind. 

• Thanks 1

What might not be apparent to people in that corner is there are always a few empty seats at the bottom of the area. Because people can go where they like they tend to drift to the higher up rows meaning there will always be somewhere for him to sit near the front if the standing becomes too much.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

What might not be apparent to people in that corner is there are always a few empty seats at the bottom of the area. Because people can go where they like they tend to drift to the higher up rows meaning there will always be somewhere for him to sit near the front if the standing becomes too much.

That’s a good shout Rich it’s less busy there and less boisterous!

Edited by One Team

Grab a seat at the bottom of the section, normally fairly empty on the bottom row specifically, as you can see on the fan cams. No rail in the way there either so you can sit down, and your kid wont have a restricted view👍

• Like 1