IGNORED

Disabled supporter- advice wanted

Leicester Robin

After 40 years (me) and 70 years (Dad) of coming to the Gate we now find ourselves moving to the disabled section for the first time. We have a blue badge and does anybody have any advice on where to park near the ground? We know the fan village is really busy (which is great) so any advice on the best way into the ground- is it better to come in from the Ashton Road end? Any other advice?

Probably overthinking things but looking to make things as smooth as possible.

I’m probably not gonna be that helpful, because I park at the ground, because street parking for me and my son requiring rear access for his wheelchair is a pain in the arse.  You could try Supporter Services to see if there are any club parking spaces available, but they aren’t cheap.

How mobile are you….DM me if you’d rather chat more privately.

• Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester Robin said:

After 40 years (me) and 70 years (Dad) of coming to the Gate we now find ourselves moving to the disabled section for the first time. We have a blue badge and does anybody have any advice on where to park near the ground? We know the fan village is really busy (which is great) so any advice on the best way into the ground- is it better to come in from the Ashton Road end? Any other advice?

Probably overthinking things but looking to make things as smooth as possible.

When my Dad’s mobility deteriorated, I starting using the Just Park app to park on people’s drives really close to the ground. Not cheap but it meant he could keep going to matches right up until just before he passed away in Feb. 

• Like 4
  • Robin 2