IGNORED

Where Will We Finish?

W-S-M Seagull

Where Will We Finish?  

322 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Anything below 10th would be failure, Pearson has had plenty of time and we look more than capable of being in the mix.

That's my feelings too tbh. We've been patient until now because we understood the conditions he's had to work under but now he's had a bit of money to spend and the squad is his then it has to be a top 10 finish.

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Anything below 10th would be failure, Pearson has had plenty of time and we look more than capable of being in the mix.

Get what you’re saying, but this division looks incredibly difficult this year, more than ever.

• Like 3

The season is going to be one of the hardest for a long time. All three clubs that came down will probably be battling for top 2 and the promoted teams (apart from Plymouth) are big clubs and are certainly attractive to players.

If we can finish on around 60 points I would be happy.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Get what you’re saying, but this division looks incredibly difficult this year, more than ever.

Does it? Looks as it does every year to me: competitive. I completely understand the context of Pearson’s time here and fully appreciate the progress we’ve made off the field but it’s not a massive ask to finish above 14 sides given we’re now into his third season at the club.

The squad is perfectly capable of finishing in the top ten and I can’t really think of an excuse for us not to. Happy to be convinced otherwise though.

• Like 1

I went for playoffs, because I went with my heart over my head.

Someone in the office asked me the other day how we'd do. I said if we keep Scott (big ask I know) then Play Offs could be in reach and should be the target

If we lost Scott it'll depend on how we replace him or what we do with the money

I'm expecting 10th or above to be honest, I don't think that's an unrealistic goal.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Who said top 2? Come on, own up! 

Really? I think the opposite. Maybe 4 clubs to really worry about.  The 3 that came down and Middlesbrough. Who else ?

Those 4 yes, and the clubs below I can see troubling us.

Cov

Millwall

Hull

Ipswich

Birmingham

Stoke

The likes of Watford and West Brom don’t look too much of a threat this year. But they’re the sort of teams that can put a real run together.

I've said it's a season where luck is gunna play a part. Hopefully we're lucky and get the penalties we deserve, hopefully we're lucky and get some deflections, some tackles that should be injuries aren't, hopefully it all works out.

If it largely goes our way then 6th/7th is possible...if not then we'll be 12th or below.

Hence I go 9th and cross my fingers.

Edited by ExiledAjax

I don't think you can easily make these predictions (although I did vote and it is interesting to see where the general feeling is). I think NP alluded to this in his press conference. He is clearly confident in our players, and that we have progressed. He basically said we need to see how other teams end up - whose signings gel, who is a surprise package, do some of the teams we expect to do well struggle for confidence/injuries/form, etc. We know the championship is a tough league, but it's hard to gauge how tough this season will be until we start the season to see where things end up. To simplify let's say we have much better season and end on 70 points (11-point improvement) - last season that would have been 6th and a playoff place, but in 21/22 it would have been 7th/8th and 5 points behind the playoffs. 20/21 it would have been 7th/8th and 7 points behind the playoffs. 

Confident we will do well, but there are a lot of variables outside of how much we have improved.