IGNORED

The alleged issue of Persistent Standing

Mr Popodopolous

This isn't City related but I expect it'll become a rising issue though.

Will be interesting to see if this will vary from club to club, region to region or if it is part of a National Directive. Here we go again however. ??

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20232/august/persistent-standing/

I wonder when the first threads on here or posts on other platforms will arise pertaining to being told to sit down on the back row when no view being blocked at Ashton Gate.

Plus.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This isn't City related but I expect it'll become a rising issue though.

Will be interesting to see if this will vary from club to club, region to region or if it is part of a National Directive. Here we go again however. ??

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20232/august/persistent-standing/

I wonder when the first threads on here or posts on other platforms will arise pertaining to being told to sit down on the back row when no view being blocked at Ashton Gate.

Plus.

Ffs stop treating people like children at football matches , if they go heavy handed on this it will create more problems than it solves 

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Ffs stop treating people like children at football matches , if they go heavy handed on this it will create more problems than it solves 

I agree but tell that to the SGSA or whoever is ordering them- I remember this happening in 2019 as well at Ashton Gate but the idiots just don't give up.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/statement-persistent-standing/

The above article was from 2019 but will it become an issue again this season.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Horses for courses. As long as the fans that want to stand are situated together eg s82, and don't impact the view of those who want to sit, then I don't see the problem.

There's that although top couple of rows of a stand making them sit when no views being blocked, well common sense goes out the window in that instance. It happened in 2019 and in  past times but new people keep trying to reinvent the wheel or make their mark.

7 minutes ago, Marvin said:

The club even sent an email to all season ticket holders in the back row of the Dolman warning them that they couldn't stand.

Unfortunately, they forgot to hide everyone's email address, so they managed to share everyone's data.

Ah yes I recall reading about it at the time, failed to BCC- GDPR breach, basic.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Tbf it’s no different then a few people marching down the road to stop honest hardworking people get to work,the selfishness of people holds no bounds now 

It is different though. One is highlighting an issue (whether you agree with the issue or the right to highlight it is irrelevant) and one is pure selfishness.  Hopefully you knew that anyway and were just being flippant to try to provoke!  Whatever floats yer boat matey 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It is different though. One is highlighting an issue (whether you agree with the issue or the right to highlight it is irrelevant) and one is pure selfishness.  Hopefully you knew that anyway and were just being flippant to try to provoke!  Whatever floats yer boat matey 

So people obstructing others is ok if you believe certain things and yet people standing at football is selfish,what a load of old tosh

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

So people obstructing others is ok if you believe certain things and yet people standing at football is selfish,what a load of old tosh

Haha. Here he is. Mr walking argument. I said they aren’t the same thing and explained why.  There’s another part of the forum for arguing if that’s what you want. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Haha. Here he is. Mr walking argument. I said they aren’t the same thing and explained why.  There’s another part of the forum for arguing if that’s what you want. 

By saying they are highlighting a issue haha,never start a reply with haha mate it’s not clever and makes you childish,but you know that(I hope you do anyway)

• Haha 1

Sounds like SAG and SGSA are a driving force here.

Personal view is that depending on where the Persistent Standing occurs is a key factor. Top couple of rows of a stand, no real concern. Middle of a stand, forward or blocking side views well.

The Upper E34 ie A Block in old money- I wonder how that will play out this season or is that all sorted.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous