IGNORED

The alleged issue of Persistent Standing

Mr Popodopolous

For me this has always been a safety issue rather than a line of sight one. Most people who want to stand go towards the back and those who don't usually gravitate towards the front. The sight problem is the rare occasion when it's reserved seating and the stewards insist you sit in line with your ticket. 

There can however be a genuine safety issue. While it is not true of every ground the angle of pitch in some stands is so severe to raise real safety concerns. Barnsley, in the OP post is not too bad (although the depth of the steps in the away end is high) but Coventry is like climbing the north face of the Eiger. Not relevant to us currently but the upper level of Bramhall Lane, the top rows of the Etihad or St James Park and the back of the temporary stands at Priest field are other examples. Standing at your own risk is not a valid argument so those clubs who don't look towards rail seating may need to apply more forceful stewarding in future if their not to get in trouble with the authorities down the line. 

I thought this one is a more relevant thread for this thread.

Seems that the SGSA will be expecting action this season, in part in areas which are all-seater where people stand.

Unfortunately A Block of the Dolman is one such area I expect. See also the top rows of all stands outside of the Singing Section.

On the plus side, maybe it could mean extended Safe Standing areas are applied for.

The Dolman A Block as it stands feels a bit untenable however.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous