IGNORED

Landsdown snobs

Oldland2

Do the fans in the Landsdown stand think they are above everyone else, I noticed when the South and Dolman were applauding Chris Garland on the 9th minute, hardly anyone in the Landsdown were clapping, remember if it wasn’t for players like Chris you snobs wouldn’t be here 

R.I.P Chris

and thank you for all you great moments and sacrifice 

Edited by Oldland2
Spellcheck
  • Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'm one of them, and there was a good response in the Lansdown.

I'm too young to have seen any of the AG8 play but I know what they did for the club and also what players like Chris meant to my Mum and Dad, and will always acknowledge that whenever tributes are held. Think that's the case for the majority of fans young and old.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

Do the fans in the Landsdown stand think they are above everyone else, I noticed when the South and Dolman were applauding Chris Garland on the 9th minute, hardly anyone in the Landsdown were clapping, remember if it wasn’t for players like Chris you snobs wouldn’t be here 

R.I.P Chris

Wow, that’s a touch attention seeking.

Given that the Lansdown especially the upper section would be full of kids, it’s a bit moronic to think that they would be doing anything other than watching the game. You had the minutes applause at the start which most people seemed to take part in.

As for snobs, that’s just pathetic really.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

R.I.P Chris

The whoppers are out in force tonight.

Two things. Part way through the 9th minute applause Nahki Wells had a good scoring chance, which resulted in the clap obviously stopping , then spluttering up again.

Secondly, after the applause before the game when Chris's highlights were shown, plus the official minutes applause at kick off, maybe many thought the third applause to be unnecessary.  Just maybe.

35 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

R.I.P Chris

Would it not have been more respectful to Chris to concentrate on applauding (wasn't the applause done before kick off - the unexpected picture of him on the boars during the game seemed a bit odd, just having done an obvious minutes applause) rather than scouring the stands to see who was & wasn't applauding.?

Very odd thing to get worked up about & even more odd to put it down to "snobbery" 

59 minutes ago, Oldland2 said:

R.I.P Chris

Quiet down peasant …..

3 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

Better than the coke heads/pre pubescents sneaking in cans of Haze to stand constantly and pissing everyone off, that were in E34 today.

The ones who think singing "I can't read & I can't write....." is either clever, funny or ironic.... rather than cringing embarrassing..?!

It should be great having a singing section in that area - but it is just embarrassing. 

We clapped the tribute before the game, we stood and clapped with the players during the minute before kick off. I was completely unaware there would be a third session on the ninth minute - didn’t hear it announced.

Tbh the third one was unnecessary and was sporadic because we were watching the play. Frankly I think having these during the match is a bit silly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oldland2 said:

R.I.P Chris

Plenty clapping the lower section

16 minutes ago, Leveller said:

We clapped the tribute before the game, we stood and clapped with the players during the minute before kick off. I was completely unaware there would be a third session on the ninth minute - didn’t hear it announced.

Tbh the third one was unnecessary and was sporadic because we were watching the play. Frankly I think having these during the match is a bit silly. 

Same here - I don't like the in game tributes in pretty much every circumstance. I was concentrating on the game and didn't clap!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The ones who think singing "I can't read & I can't write....." is either clever, funny or ironic.... rather than cringing embarrassing..?!

It should be great having a singing section in that area - but it is just embarrassing. 

Funnily enough they sing that a few times and I was thinking, what a bunch of idiots. When they stewards eventually got them to sit down our came “we’re Bristol City we do what we want”.  

• Haha 1