IGNORED

Official Attendance Today

27 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

23,313 I read somewhere.

That was in answer to my question on the match day thread following the errant report on the BBC, which is usually reliable. 

Does anyone know the number of Preston fans at the game. If not i will have to wait until it comes up on fans banter. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That was in answer to my question on the match day thread following the errant report on the BBC, which is usually reliable. 

Does anyone know the number of Preston fans at the game. If not i will have to wait until it comes up on fans banter. 

I think Preston sold 1200 ish

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Home seats sold out but there were lots of empty seats in the South stand, from where I was sitting. Not so in the Dolman. Which tends to confirm that people are buying season tickets in the cheapest stand and not using them - kids prices presumably.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Home seats sold out but there were lots of empty seats in the South stand, from where I was sitting. Not so in the Dolman. Which tends to confirm that people are buying season tickets in the cheapest stand and not using them - kids prices presumably.

People maybe on holiday 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I said it in the match thread but the south stand looked barely half full. It is so obviously due to very cheap season tickets being bought by part timers.

It's horrible when it means on games like yesterday families have to sit apart because there aren't enough tickets available leading up to the game.

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

There are 3 season ticket holders next to me in the South stand that were there for 5 games at the most last season, 2 adults and a child. Expensive way to watch 5 games but nice for me.

Hopefully the new digital forwarding process - once people have tried it - will encourage more people to share their ticket when they are on holiday (especially now not limited to 5 times). City announced the forwarding process details a bit late in the day for this match.

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

There are 3 season ticket holders next to me in the South stand that were there for 5 games at the most last season, 2 adults and a child. Expensive way to watch 5 games but nice for me.

Well at least if they’re adults they’re paying a decent whack. What niggles is if people are paying a pittance for kids tickets and not using the seats.

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The BBC. So reliable and trustworthy.

Where are their  (allegedly independent) "fact" checkers when they serve up misinformation ?

You want them to employ fact checkers to double check the attendances of Championship football matches? As a license fee payer that would seem like poor use of resources to me.

27 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Well at least if they’re adults they’re paying a decent whack. What niggles is if people are paying a pittance for kids tickets and not using the seats.

I think they have realised that, if you buy a shirt, an U-12 ticket is a tenner for the season. Then you can pick and choose your games, paying the uplift each time and having all the ST benefits thrown in!

Edited by richwwtk

2 hours ago, Harry R said:

You want them to employ fact checkers to double check the attendances of Championship football matches? As a license fee payer that would seem like poor use of resources to me.

"Fact" checkers are dishonest and a waste of money wherever they are employed (as far as I'm concerned they can all fact off)

The BBC are one of the biggest wasters of our money. 

Now that's a fact !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harry R said:

A broadcast journalist or possibly a broadcast assistant - very likely a freelance - will be rushing his or her arses off to cover inputting such details into the multiple dozens of games held yesterday. With most matches finishing at the same time, the attendances will be cut and pasted from the PA match stats.  You haven't got a team of people looking at each match. One lowly employee will do it all. Based in Salford, I doubt they'd instantly recall City or many other teams' maximum capacity.

I can see how the mistake happened, as amusing as it is for us. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

A broadcast journalist or possibly a broadcast assistant - very likely a freelance - will be rushing his or her arses off to cover inputting such details into the multiple dozens of games held yesterday. With most matches finishing at the same time, the attendances will be cut and pasted from the PA match stats.  You haven't got a team of people looking at each match. One lowly employee will do it all. Based in Salford, I doubt they'd instantly recall City or many other teams' maximum capacity.

I can see how the mistake happened, as amusing as it is for us. 

That was basically my point! It was the other bloke who wanted fact checkers!

41 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yeah, I was supporting you.  Folk seem to assume BBC Sport Online has a cast of thousands. It doesn't.

I've generally found the BBC to be very good in reporting attendances. In this day and, age however with computerised entry systems there is no reason why clubs shouldn't publish on their websites or social media platforms the actual numbers through the turnstiles including a separate figure for away support. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I've generally found the BBC to be very good in reporting attendances. In this day and, age however with computerised entry systems there is no reason why clubs shouldn't publish on their websites or social media platforms the actual numbers through the turnstiles including a separate figure for away support. 

There may be a good reason why some clubs don't want to automatically share that info with the media...  :whistle:

Always strikes me as absurd that the football season starts so early in August. If you have kids and wait until the school holidays to take the family away for a couple of weeks. You’ll always miss the start of the football season. I’d much prefer the season started towards the end of August or at the start of September. Therefore no one misses any football, the transfer window closes before the season starts and we all get to see more Tuesday night football. Matches under floodlights are always a lot more exciting than games on a Saturday, they just are. 
Granted there’ll be tedious technical reasons spouted, but Alex Scott transfer aside (although that’s pretty tedious too), I’m struggling to be arsed with football quite yet. 
I’d also accept that it’s seemed like mid winter almost since the end of the school year. 

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I said it in the match thread but the south stand looked barely half full. It is so obviously due to very cheap season tickets being bought by part timers.

It's horrible when it means on games like yesterday families have to sit apart because there aren't enough tickets available leading up to the game.

Half full? You really are joking. Get your eyes tested.

• Like 3