IGNORED

Robins TV

FNQ

Question

Hi Jerry,

Each season I subscribe to Robins TV from here in Australia and just love the whole matchday experience, it’s pretty special to be able to watch live from the other side of the world.

Each season though I cancel my subscription when the clocks go back in the UK (the clocks don’t change here in North Queensland) as a 3:00pm KO then becomes a 1:00am KO for me, which results in me getting to bed well after 3:00am and then being buggered all day Sunday. It’s not quite so bad when we win ??

My question is, would it be possible for Robins TV to have a full matchday program replay made available to paid subscribers immediately after the live program finishes? Subscribers who for whatever reason could not make the live ko time could then watch the game at a more convenient time, in my case first thing on Sunday morning before checking overnight results. Watching a full replay or even the highlights on the website a day or two later when the result is known doesn’t have the same level of excitement..

Appreciate your attention / thoughts..

Cheers,

Paul

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

2 answers to this question

Hi Paul

Here's the reply I received looks like it's the EFL regulations

“The way the rights agreements work splits them in to Live and Delayed. In terms of delayed, it can only be post-holdback. That’s why a user in Oz could only watch it at the point that is made available (circa midnight in the UK).”

The full game (including the build-up show) is published after the hold-back time (as media have noted below). Ie. Full game for Preston is here from Sunday morning:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/full-games/full-90-bristol-city-1-1-preston-north-end/

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers Jerry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1