IGNORED

Under 21s today.

BCFC1512

Just now, Taunton_BCFC said:

First brilliant news Benarous played, but concerning Bajic in goal and we lost 4-1 (although he did save a penalty) I think this show we really need another keeper in before the deadline! 

Out of interest, why is it concerning Bajic in goal?  Or is it more that we conceded 4 with him in goal.

FWIW, with the 9 subs in the first team and a still relatively streamline squad, chances are that our u21s are gonna be very much in transition this season.

Looking back at last season we had Low, Towler, Bell, Morton, Owers, Palmer-Houlden, Kadji, S.Pearson etc as regulars up until Xmas at least.

This is the latest breed, getting their chance, it’s a pretty young bunch as it goes.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, why is it concerning Bajic in goal?  Or is it more that we conceded 4 with him in goal.

FWIW, with the 9 subs in the first team and a still relatively streamline squad, chances are that our u21s are gonna be very much in transition this season.

Looking back at last season we had Low, Towler, Bell, Morton, Owers, Palmer-Houlden, Kadji, S.Pearson etc as regulars up until Xmas at least.

This is the latest breed, getting their chance, it’s a pretty young bunch as it goes.

Yeah the fact conceding 4, my worry is of MOL was to get injured, is he or Wiles-Richards first team ready? I’d say no!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Yeah the fact conceding 4, my worry is of MOL was to get injured, is he or Wiles-Richards first team ready? I’d say no!!

We don’t know the context of the goals conceded though.  Might’ve been crap defending, worldies, or mistakes by Bajic.

I think Saturday told us that Harv is ahead of Stefan.  Nige has said they aren’t ruling out bringing a keeper in.  Personally I would imagine we will try to move Stefan on, either loan or perm, to give us the option to bring in an emergency loan should we not get cover in for Max.  As it stands if Stefan was here we are t able to bring an emergency loan in.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Firstly brilliant news Benarous played, but concerning Bajic in goal and we lost 4-1 (although he did save a penalty) I think this shows we really need another keeper in before the deadline! 

Conceding 4 shows we need another keeper? Didn’t know that rule! Probably best to watch the goals to see how many were his fault before jumping to this conclusion. Most keepers have conceded four in one match in their career 

• Like 4

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

or what sort of side we were up against

Just to flip this there are games when a team gets a spanking and the keeper is one of the best on the pitch

37 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Firstly brilliant news Benarous played, but concerning Bajic in goal and we lost 4-1 (although he did save a penalty) I think this shows we really need another keeper in before the deadline! 

Did you actually watch the game ? For all we know it could've been 8 if not for Bajic. Just wondering why you think he was to blame.

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

But he saves a penalty...Ask yourself what was in front of him inexperience it's always easy to blame him because he's part of the first team squad.

Edited by Street red

Chill guys!! I wasn’t blaming anyone!! Just simply asking if people think we need another keeper before the deadline

"I think this shows we really need another keeper" is NOT asking if we need another keeper.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

Chill guys!! I wasn’t blaming anyone!! Just simply asking if people think we need another keeper before the deadline

Yes we do, listening to the 3 peeps in a podcast, tinman was saying we now have strong competition for each place,,,, but that doesnt include in goal presumably, neither of the 2 young keepers has played an english league game. From the limited amount weve seen of bajic, including his impact going back to france, if for example max was injured in the build up for millwall and bajic had to play, then got help us!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see Uncle Albert was in the QPR side today, as was Taylor Richards (who they had on loan last season and signed perm from Brighton this summer).

5 of QPR’s starting line up today were on the bench v Watford.

In comparison our side looks very young & inexperienced, brilliant to see Ayman back, far more important than the result.

As for Bajic, clearly seen as our number 3 keeper but as it was behind closed doors no one on here can comment on how he played or what that means.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see Uncle Albert was in the QPR side today, as was Taylor Richards

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

5 of QPR’s starting line up today were on the bench v Watford.

Literally , men against boys then.

• Thanks 1