IGNORED

Tommy Conway

50 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

Tore his hamstring in training, out for 12 weeks.

I’ve said all summer we are weak in the central striker spots. We do need a striker as if Wells goes down too we cannot rely on Cornick!!!

Not even one week in and this season has started in typical BCFC style. Is Ashton Gate cursed?! Do we need to start looking at Dave Rennie here? It’s not good is it. 

Edited by Shauntaylor85
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I wonder when this happend in training? Before or after Saturday? 

If before the game, i wonder if it wasn't as bad as first thought and that's why he didn't start (to miminise impact) but was brought on later which has unfortunately made it worse? 

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Confused 1

Seeing as he’s scored our last two league goals & Mehmeti is a very capable replacement, I’d suggest that it far more likely we look at Sam Bell as a central striker alternative to Nakhi than any possibility we bring in anyone on loan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It’s very difficult now, as nige said we are at our wage ceiling. 

Still need a midfielder imo especially if AS goes.

Feel light on CBS until rob returns

And now feels like we need a striker in the door. 

personally would feel a lot safer with another gk as well. Our luck in recent times from that penalty drought to all these injuries has been awful.

Edit: Think we will either player Weimman or Bell through the middle if something happened to nahki personally. 

Edited by George Rs

Just now, George Rs said:

It’s very difficult now, as nige said we are at our wage ceiling. 

Still need a midfielder imo especially if AS goes.

Feel light on CBS until rob returns

And now feels like we need a striker in the door. 

personally would feel a lot safer with another gk as well. Our luck in recent times from that penalty drought to all these injuries has been awful.

I do wonder if our summer strategy had to be so invested in wages for those two full backs, considering likes of Leeson coming through. We still haven’t replaced the Semenyo X Factor. 

11 minutes ago, chucky said:

Selling Scott doesn't free up much in the wages area which is what City are quite high on. 

Is Nige saying this not a bit of a ploy to keep expectations in check? If we sold Scott for £20+5m having got £10m for Antoine 8 months ago, surely we’re financially very comfortable?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3? I'd go further.

Within 6 weeks Kalas, DaSilva, Nagy, Afobe all with medium to long term injuries by mid September 2019 Plus Smith carrying his range of injuries stretching back to 2018-19.

Too many games at the HPC? No doubt we have improved much better since Rolls left on that front, but it’s a concern to see how many have dropped so far. Not normal. 

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Is Nige saying this not a bit of a ploy to keep expectations in check? If we sold Scott for £20+5m having got £10m for Antoine 8 months ago, surely we’re financially very comfortable?

This. Take the risk surely, I don’t see how £25M for Scott means we cannot invest in a couple. Surely we can break that mould. Very concerning, I like Wells but we cannot rely on him, Bell also doesn’t have the strength or hold up play to go central. 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Shauntaylor85 said:

I do wonder if our summer strategy had to be so invested in wages for those two full backs, considering likes of Leeson coming through. We still haven’t replaced the Semenyo X Factor. 

The semenyo X factor was never going to be replaced. Too expensive.

Seeing as Leeson wasn’t on the bench Saturday when we didn’t have any fullbacks on it that would suggest he’s still got a bit to go before he can be considered a backup. And dasilva was always leaving so a LB was a must. 

Just the way things have happened unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've used the kick line for a while but have go start to wonder a bit.

Not so kuch Rennie but are training methods perhaps dialled up a bit too far, work with the ball vs work without the ball?

Etc.

I can’t lie I’m looking at Rennie now. He seemed to get everything under control last season but this is starting to feel like the dark days of the Holden era now (solely from an injury perspective that is).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1