IGNORED

Tommy Conway

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

My pre season optimism, 4 days ago, has taken a rapid dive not felt since the Coppell fiasco.

The difference is this time I’m confident it’ll climb again soon. Though If we lose tomorrow v Oxford and Pearson walks out it may tumble again 

Little doubt that this season is last chance saloon for Nigel. Never get the feeling SL has a lot of time for him, injuries are frustrating but all the optimism of one week ago has certainly been crushed. Pressure on Tinnion and Nige now, if we sell Scott we cannot also go to Christmas without our two best forward thinking players. Big decision to be made market wise. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hmmm 1

56 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Wells hasn’t scored a goal from open play since the Birmingham home game

This is a big problem for us. Tommy is the most obvious CF choice for us with his ability to hold the ball and link play, this is almost as bad as losing Scott. The good news is the window is still open, Nige may need to cut the stubborn approach to loans, we are missing a powerful forward, I’ve mentioned Joao already, surely worth exploring. Someone who can give us some pace and power up top. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

There’s a few things I don’t understand about people’s reactions here. Pole vaulting to conclusions that Dave Rennie is the antichrist is one. The other is that Tommys injury somehow necessitates a signing. 

As at right now, we have 5 fit strikers for 3 positions. Weimann is clearly borderline fit so that’s nearly 6 for 3. People may not rate one or more of the 5 fit strikers, but if they are part of our squad (and 3 got in ahead of TC on Saturday) then why would we need to make another signing?

Add into this, Scott is supposed to be fit for Saturday. Benarous on the way back. Weimann, as I said, was borderline Saturday. You’re then looking at 3 of the 7 back within 2-3 weeks. McCrorie we don’t know as yet, ditto Kal. But if you look at it reasonably, we have (confirmed) two players in Rob and Tommy who are out for a reasonable length. That doesn’t seem unusual in a squad of 26. Particularly when most injuries are different as opposed to, as stated, all hammies.

Or we could all panic and just burn the witch. Your call.

Time will tell won’t it. If during Conway’s absence all is well and the strikers we have prove themselves as adequate then we never needed a striker. If we miss a lot of chances and nobody is firing in the final third then we did need a striker. You are certainly more confident about Wells et al than I am. 

• Like 1

The way our luck is going we will keep Alex Scott and in the game after the transfer window closes he will do his ACL/achilles and be out for the best part of the season!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Time will tell won’t it. If during Conway’s absence all is well and the strikers we have prove themselves as adequate then we never needed a striker. If we miss a lot of chances and nobody is firing in the final third then we did need a striker. You are certainly more confident about Wells et al than I am. 

Can’t help but think we may regret not going in for Yates at Blackpool. Loved his goal for Swansea at weekend, would have been a Vardy type for Nige. 

6 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Don’t think he is out, maybe rested for tomorrows match but will be back in the squad Saturday. There got to be something more to Scott’s reply. I reckon someone’s started a rumour and Alex and Tommy are sat in they’re apartment bored and fancied a laugh.

I want what you’ve been smoking 

• Like 1

Trust Tommy recovers quickly, however, we have options, simply time for Wells and the other forwards to step up.

All sides get injuries, sadly it’s part of the game, it is how we deal with it that counts.

Lets not get too pessimistic too soon, you never know we might yet keep Alex Scott ?

5 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Trust Tommy recovers quickly, however, we have options, simply time for Wells and the other forwards to step up.

All sides get injuries, sadly it’s part of the game, it is how we deal with it that counts.

Lets not get too pessimistic too soon, you never know we might yet keep Alex Scott ?

At this second and excluding youth players who played a bit in pre-season we have 14 fit outfield players.

That's worrying, let's hope a number of these clear up sharpish and yes that we can somehow keep Scott for a bit longer..24 days until the window now.

2 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Nige gave a,press conference said wages are nearly at the ceiling that was,accounted for although surely kallas wages must still be there.?

Ok, so referencing wages, not injuries then.  Ta.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair but the situation is suboptimal.

Fault of Rennie or something else?

Firstly, before casting aspersions about an individual, you need to compile some facts.  FWIW I never jumped on the Rolls “Dr Death” stuff because he’s a professional, and sometimes shit happens.  Covid, season postponement, season resumption, short pre-season, condensed next season was shit happening.  Orme, who was here at the time, said they got a few things a bit wrong in the pre-season training and that contributed.  There are also a few stories that have done the rounds that it was Holden rushing players back, because if the decline in results.

I don’t know, this is an area for the professionals.  Even having every injury under the sun, doesn’t qualify me! ???

You also need to look at injury type, where it occurred, e.g. match, training, etc.  I can only compile City and base it on info given by club, but here’s last season:

image.thumb.png.a478b903a78cc9de80f937575e8861af.png

But when Nige says they’ve improved training days by x % (70% I think) I tend to believe him.  I only collate matches missed.  I don’t have the detail, nor are we given full detail to know when a player is fit, but just not selected.

I’m not having a go at you Mr P, just a lot of excitement on this thread tonight, and a lot of panic too.  Hey m it’s OTIB.  I should know better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ok, so referencing wages, not injuries then.  Ta.

Firstly, before casting aspersions about an individual, you need to compile some facts.  FWIW I never jumped on the Rolls “Dr Death” stuff because he’s a professional, and sometimes shit happens.  Covid, season postponement, season resumption, short pre-season, condensed next season was shit happening.  Orme, who was here at the time, said they got a few things a bit wrong in the pre-season training and that contributed.  There are also a few stories that have done the rounds that it was Holden rushing players back, because if the decline in results.

I don’t know, this is an area for the professionals.  Even having every injury under the sun, doesn’t qualify me! ???

You also need to look at injury type, where it occurred, e.g. match, training, etc.  I can only compile City and base it on info given by club, but here’s last season:

image.thumb.png.a478b903a78cc9de80f937575e8861af.png

But when Nige says they’ve improved training days by x % (70% I think) I tend to believe him.  I only collate matches missed.  I don’t have the detail, nor are we given full detail to know when a player is fit, but just not selected.

I’m not having a go at you Mr P, just a lot of excitement on this thread tonight, and a lot of panic too.  Hey m it’s OTIB.  I should know better.

That's good news and it has felt better than under Rolls, so many things came off the rails, the wheels didn't just fall off but rolled down a very steep hill in 2020-21!

Holden rushing back Williams especially I can believe but who can say.

Not attributing blame to Rennie as such, Dave I just wonder if there is anything in training we can do differently. Ball work up a bit, out of possession down a bit..do we work them hard enough or too hard? Unsure any side has the perfect system so it's nothing more than a constructive criticism.

• Like 1

Really shit that TC is out, but we really do still have quite a few decent front 3 combinations we can put together.

Wells, Bell and Cornick can cover CF between them, with Mehmeti and Sykes to cover the wings too. Got Weimann as well. 

I don't think we'll get anyone else in to cover the spot as some others seem to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's good news and it has felt better than under Rolls, so many things came off the rails, the wheels didn't just fall off but rolled down a very steep hill in 2020-21!

Not attributing blame to Rennie as such, Dave I just wonder if there is anything in training we can do differently. Ball work up a bit, out of possession down a bit..do we work them hard enough or too hard? Unsure any side has the perfect system so it's nothing more than a constructive criticism.

I’ve no idea of root cause or remedy.

But I will say that Rennie is an expert in his field, and I’m happy to leave it to him and his team to do whatever is needed.

I’d much rather amateur-sleuth football / tactical stuff than try to guess medical stuff.  Mrs F is the medical expert in the Fevs household.  She’s never got a Doc Martin episode wrong….she normally solves it before Dr Ellingham does. ???

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This season will be a nightmare for sport science and medical with the added minutes, it’s about an extra km per game which equates to about 6 extra games over the season worth of distance 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

This season will be a nightmare for sport science and medical with the added minutes, it’s about an extra km per game which equates to about 6 extra games over the season worth of distance 

It will be interesting. Yes agree with your maths.

One simple partial solution is that players cut down on the theatrics, the time-wasting and the gamesmanship, this will certainly help- the coaches have a role to play.

Having a World Cup in-season in the cycle, the Covid break pushing the seasons around and the Euros forward, it is somewhat cumulative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This is a big problem for us. Tommy is the most obvious CF choice for us with his ability to hold the ball and link play, this is almost as bad as losing Scott. The good news is the window is still open, Nige may need to cut the stubborn approach to loans, we are missing a powerful forward, I’ve mentioned Joao already, surely worth exploring. Someone who can give us some pace and power up top. 

Lucas joao has signed for a Chinese team but agree sort of striker we need