IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pretty much everyone said use the loan market to sign young premier league players (which usually wouldn't have a option to buy).

We literally have just done that 

Everyone did, did they?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pretty much everyone said use the loan market to sign young premier league players (which usually wouldn't have a option to buy).

No they didn’t. Option to buy is a completely different ball game.  

• Like 6

Just now, transfer reader said:

But having a player familiar with Manning's style and so could speed up the process of other players picking up some on some of the intricacies, can slot in right away without a time of getting to know the system etc, that couldn't have any positives at all could it?

Or perhaps this is Silvio 'be as negative about Manning as is possible on every single topic' Dante striking yet again.

I'll await your half time and full time threads slating everything from line up to shoelace colours if we aren't beating West Ham 10-0 after 2 minutes.

Mint.

I know it’s Blue Monday but **** me some people need to get a grip.

Writing the season off in Jan when we’re 4 points off play offs.

Burnley might not even get relegated and already this player is their saviour to take them back up next year but will do **** all for us for the next 4 months according to some.

I despair at our fan base at times.

Edited by The hand of RO'D
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Oh come on, give your head a wobble mate.  If by some miracle, we managed to ‘do a Luton’ with this squad, we’d get absolutely rinsed every week in the Prem.

We aren’t even close to the quality needed for the step up, so some serious realism, rather than rose tints needed, I reckon!

God this forum has the most miserable bunch of angry ***** I have ever seen , just signed a decent player for our football team, and it implodes 

Get some perspective and a f••••g life 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, tin said:

I rate Twine and always have. But what I don’t understand is we had chances to sign him permanently and for nothing in the past and yet passed up those opportunities, so why now? Strange one for me when you consider Gilhespy and Tinnion were both here when those opportunities arose. 

@Harry - go on, you know you want to!

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

How on earth can you just throw away the season for christ sakes we are 4 points off playoffs, there's plenty of points left I pray we start pushing on in the coming weeks so I can bring these comments back up.

We're not just 4 points off the play offs sat in 7th though are we. We are 14th. Do you expect all the clubs above us to not pick up any points and just allow us to leapfrog over them. 

• Confused 1
  • Flames 1

“Pretty much everyone” didn’t.

Signing players on loan like TGH makes sense, try before you buy with a fee agreed.

Borrowing a player you have no control over signing makes much less sense.

6th place is in my opinion already highly unlikely, 5th & above? No chance.

If we’d signed him in the same way as TGH I would have understood it, but not this.

The Chuckle brothers strike again.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Only thing I can think of, is that we’ve paid a pretty decent loan fee to get him out of Hull. 

To be fair Twine could have pushed for the move here due to the Manning connection and it being back closer to family etc. 

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Edited by !james

3 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

But having a player familiar with Manning's style and so could speed up the process of other players picking up some on some of the intricacies, can slot in right away without a time of getting to know the system etc, that couldn't have any positives at all could it?

Or perhaps this is Silvio 'be as negative about Manning as is possible on every single topic' Dante striking yet again.

I'll await your half time and full time threads slating everything from line up to shoelace colours if we aren't beating West Ham 10-0 after 2 minutes.

Love it 

Just now, Northern Red said:

Wrong.

The loan market used correctly get teams promoted, Nigel Pearson is an idiot for not using it.

Scott twine will play how Manning wants and this in turn will get us playing better. 

Would people rather we signed some no mark from league 1 instead just because he's ours? 

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

find the negativity odd. How about he helps Tommy Conway score a hatful of goals in the remainder of the season or Jason Knight to play in his best position. Both then increase in value,  potentially substantially and gives us some excitement between now and the season end. Glass half full for me and excited to see how he fits into the team and whether we can start scoring some goals!

• Like 5

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

The loan market used correctly get teams promoted, Nigel Pearson is an idiot for not using it.

Scott twine will play how Manning wants and this in turn will get us playing better. 

Would people rather we signed some no mark from league 1 instead just because he's ours? 

That's all very nice but it has nothing to do with what you posted, does it?

• Like 1

Oh you’ve started it now.

Can’t say that about the second coming.

3 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Let's not try to go up until we have a team better than Leicester just incase we get beat in the prem,  heard it all now

⭕

Sorry, but you’re talking like some wet behind the ears kid who doesn’t look at the bigger picture.

There are plenty of teams in this division who are way better equipped to go up, but if the seemingly impossible happened, would you be happy to see us go up and get humiliated every week, because I certainly wouldn’t.

Derby’s low points record would be under a massive threat, so I’ll use that popular phrase with the Lansdown apologists, be careful what you wish for!

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

“Pretty much everyone” didn’t.

Signing players on loan like TGH makes sense, try before you buy with a fee agreed.

Borrowing a player you have no control over signing makes much less sense.

6th place is in my opinion already highly unlikely, 5th & above? No chance.

If we’d signed him in the same way as TGH I would have understood it, but not this.

The Chuckle brothers strike again.

What if the option was this for 5 months and push for the play offs or consolidate and sign someone from league 1 for a mill and gamble on him being any good.

I know which id rather go for 

2 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

So…your logic here is that Twine might be the one player that makes everything click - and I have no objection to that, he might be. But we aren’t making the playoffs. And if he is, and causes us to markedly improve, we either lose the catalyst and need to find another, or pay through the nose. Thats what’s being said here - it makes no sense on the terms we have agreed, as it brings us no further forward and we pay a loan fee for it. Your post just confirms that point.

And you might want to read posts a bit more closely next time….

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That's all very nice but it has nothing to do with what you posted, does it?

BasSavage88 clearly doesn't grasp that loans for most of NP's tenure were frankly out of reach owing to our desperate FFP position.

Loan fees, high wages..we just couldn't.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

I'll quote you on that if he signs Brannigan!!

In all seriousness people forget this is a forum. People expressing concerns about the deal are moaners but if the deal doesn't work out and those same people express concerns at that point it will be 20/20 hindsight. Personally I would be interested to know how much this has cost us because that has a huge bearing in a couple of months on whether it is money well spent.

Some people have concerns, others have decided this signing is dynamite before the guy has laced up his boots. What's the issue?

1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I still can't believe someone said if we get promoted we would get battered in the prem for ****sakes😂😂😂 might aswel play knight in goal for rest of season to keep us safe from a beating 

Not like there’s a summer transfer window in between seasons 😂

Clueless people that just want to moan.