IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

I wonder where he’d fit in.  I really like him too, but at MK he played almost like an inside left forward, and Burnley all over the place.

I find it difficult to look at his loan at Newport where he was great and evaluate him playing in midfield (with a lot of license) at Lg2 to where we are now.  Also, both MK and Burnley were high possession teams.

I’m certainly not against it, but just have a few doubts.

• Like 1

Plenty to like with Twine but he is only played 14 times in the championship. Not super sure he’d definitely be an upgrade. Think I’d rather Brannigan if choice between the two. Brannigan been a standout at that level for years. Imagine it means he is just a good footballer. 

Would like a creative type but maybe more the next Twine. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder where he’d fit in.  I really like him too, but at MK he played almost like an inside left forward, and Burnley all over the place.

I find it difficult to look at his loan at Newport where he was great and evaluate him playing in midfield (with a lot of license) at Lg2 to where we are now.  Also, both MK and Burnley were high possession teams.

I’m certainly not against it, but just have a few doubts.

It’s an interesting one for sure, but he could fill so many roles, left wing, Attacking CM, maybe free up Bell to play as a striker or right wing. I think it’s a no brainer surely if Hull can afford him. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Exactly, it could end up costing us the same or more than a signing just to borrow him and then give him back.

Or could finally provide us with some goals from midfield that would help shoot us up the table. 

My point was more than Nigel hasn't signed a loan player in 2.5 years, so seems improbable he'll start now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Or could finally provide us with some goals from midfield that would help shoot us up the table. 

My point was more than Nigel hasn't signed a loan player in 2.5 years, so seems improbable he'll start now.

He needs to move on from that, this season is his last chance, unless we really push top 6 I cannot see SL renewing his contract, not saying I agree with that but I just don’t feel the connectivity from board to management, could be wrong of course. Clubs who do well use the loan market. It’s crazy not to, we have enough assets already. 

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

He needs to move on from that, this season is his last chance, unless we really push top 6 I cannot see SL renewing his contract, not saying I agree with that but I just don’t feel the connectivity from board to management, could be wrong of course. Clubs who do well use the loan market. It’s crazy not to, we have enough assets already. 

Jesus, you spout some bollocks! For a decade or more SL has been looking to have someone to make the most of his investment in the Academy and now we have someone at the top doing just that, you think that SL will be banging on his door telling to sign some random player on loan? 

Where this idea of a lack of connectivity between Pearson and the board has come from I don't know, but it seems to me that Pearson has bought into the Academy plan just as required, and shown how it can best be utilised, so why would they be wanting him to throw that away?

IF, and it's a big IF for a reason, he was showing to loan a player it would only be with a view to buy, he has said so himself. 

As he is one of the most experienced Managers in football, I am going to take his side on this, rather than someone who thinks he's crazy not to change his mindset.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Clubs who do well use the loan market. It’s crazy not to, we have enough assets already. 

So do clubs who do badly. Ask Stoke City, though Neil has now persuaded them that an ever changing cast of loans is not the way.

Loans are no guarantee and the best ones may be out of our reach anyway.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Jesus, you spout some bollocks! For a decade or more SL has been looking to have someone to make the most of his investment in the Academy and now we have someone at the top doing just that, you think that SL will be banging on his door telling to sign some random player on loan? 

Where this idea of a lack of connectivity between Pearson and the board has come from I don't know, but it seems to me that Pearson has bought into the Academy plan just as required, and shown how it can best be utilised, so why would they be wanting him to throw that away?

IF, and it's a big IF for a reason, he was showing to loan a player it would only be with a view to buy, he has said so himself. 

As he is one of the most experienced Managers in football, I am going to take his side on this, rather than someone who thinks he's crazy not to change his mindset.

Hang on, I am not criticising Nige, I’m a big fan of his. I am just saying what it feels like. I’m not the only person who has been saying that on here. I’ll move on. 

39 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

So you want to waste 1.5 million on a loan fee instead of developing someone playing Aymen? 

42 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

SL was in love with the Johnson dynasty..... and that worked out well !

• Like 1

Think a Burnley loan would be a lot different from a Liverpool/Chelsea etc loan. An actual possibility of a loan with an optional buy fee next summer with that one, and wouldn’t be paying as crazy fees for the loan as a top 6 club would demand.

If possible I’d take both him and Brannigan tbh. If not Brannigan would be the more likely and better option as many have already stated tho.

They are talented but are they quite the profile and type we need.

We have to spend what we have wisely and with construction of the team as a whole in mind. Bird for me for one would be ahead of Brannagan or Twine in certain respects. Brannagan..how well can he step up, goals record is good but did he not score 4 penalties in one game?? This can see figures.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They are talented but are they quite the profile and type we need.

We have to spend what we have wisely and with construction of the team as a whole in mind. Bird for me for one would be ahead of Brannagan or Twine in certain respects. Brannagan..how well can he step up, goals record is good but did he not score 4 penalties in one game?? This can see figures.

He’d be lucky to score 1 penalty for us ( a season)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

He’d be lucky to score 1 penalty for us ( a season)

Oxford get a lot of penalties it seems! Had a look.

Scored 23 League goals in 2 seasons..of those 8 were penalties which is a decent ratio. About 1 in 3.

(15 pens awarded in 2 seasons in the League).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think Fleming said Benarous will be loaned out when fit again. Haven't watched the press conference in full yet but read it somewhere.

FWIW Jordan Jones asked him the Q: will you be looking to send Ayman out on loan?  So he got a pretty simple answer back.  Why didn’t he ask the Q: what plans do you have for Ayman now he’s just started playing in the u21s again.

Fleming was pretty courteous in his response and explained that they need to make sure Ayman is right before they make any decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1