IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Played both games this season, and once for Burnley.

Sorry. I meant for MK. Which the guy mentioned. 
Yeah, I actually forgot he played in the Hull game at the start of the season. 

22 hours ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Tbf tho, if they don’t go up this season they have to replace most of their attacking players. 

Exactly this. I always feel that going loan-heavy is a pretty high risk strategy.

We complain about losing our best few players at the end of the season for tens of millions of pounds.

Hull will be losing their best few players at the end of the season for a grand total of £0.

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Exactly this. I always feel that going loan-heavy is a pretty high risk strategy.

We complain about losing our best few players at the end of the season for tens of millions of pounds.

Hull will be losing their best few players at the end of the season for a grand total of £0.

Not necessarily. If it goes well some may see loans again at a higher level, or the option to buy in 1 or 2 cases if it pays off and Hull win the playoffs.

On 08/01/2024 at 22:23, petehinton said:

Carvalho is an insane signing. But don’t worry, our squad is truly what a top 6 squad looks like. 🤣🤣🤣

That's a bit like Eric Morcombes(for the oldies) saying "all the right notes but in the wrong order" :thumbsup:

Edited by bpexile

On 08/01/2024 at 17:59, The Bard said:

Delap is massively overrated. Man City hoping he hits a patch and someone bungs them £10 million I reckon.

Struggled on his loans last season but at Hull he’s been very good I think. Not sure he’ll make it at Man City but think he has the potential to be a Premier League player definitely 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not necessarily. If it goes well some may see loans again at a higher level, or the option to buy in 1 or 2 cases if it pays off and Hull win the playoffs.

In which case you have to pay a notable fee (be that a loan fee or a transfer fee) in order to simply retain the same squad as you had last season.

Take us with Kalas, Dasilva, and Palmer as an example. We spent around £14m just to keep the same players that we'd had on loan (and had to sell our best player, Webster, to fund it).

As we found out, going heavy on loans can be extremely expensive and make it very difficult to make sustainable progress (assuming you don't get over the line first time)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

In which case you have to pay a notable fee (be that a loan fee or a transfer fee) in order to simply retain the same squad as you had last season.

Take us with Kalas, Dasilva, and Palmer as an example. We spent around £14m just to keep the same players that we'd had on loan (and had to sell our best player, Webster, to fund it).

As we found out, going heavy on loans can be extremely expensive and make it very difficult to make sustainable progress (assuming you don't get over the line first time)

The £100m in extra TV money plus £22m in extra FFP headroom less accumulated losses from the last tier can make it a bit of  a risk worth taking.

Hull win the playoffs, Liverpool may decide on continuity, PL Hull could be a good place. Ditto Delap.

Twine not sure they'd go for at PL anyway..they would look to spend and tap the Turkish market too I imagine- owner is Turkish so might have his connections to steal a march.

11 minutes ago, Distortia said:

Out of the loop here - why is he (allegedly) leaving Hull early? Isn't his loan there until the summer?

If he isn't in Burnley's plans and they can cash in now, they'd probaly look to take the highest bidder.

Maybe we could stretch to more fee wise than Hull as it stands.

Nothing has changed though, then it can also come from to the nature of the loan agreement- recall clause or not that kinda thing. Karlan Grant lacks one for example.

6 hours ago, Distortia said:

Out of the loop here - why is he (allegedly) leaving Hull early? Isn't his loan there until the summer?

So was Finn Azaz’s at Plymouth..

As has been stated if Burnley want to sell then can recall him & then sell him to us.

Exactly what they did when Nahki Wells was at QPR 4 years ago.

21 minutes ago, westonred said:

NEW: Bristol City keeping an eye on the situation of Scott Twine. Twine on loan at Hull from Burnley. He worked with Bristol City boss Liam Manning at MK Dons and it would be no surprise if the pair linked up again one day.

I’m really not fussed about this one either way.

Think there are better deals out there personally. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

No ITK at all, but just have a real hunch that he‘ll join us this window. 

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. I would really like this deal I can see the positives and negatives of it but I really think this would be a great deal to pull off.