IGNORED

Scott Twine - Loan Confirmed - No option to buy

Shauntaylor85

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Contacts and Nepotism in football again. 2 examples.

Cundle Plymouth➡️Stoke🔄Schumacher

Carvalho Liverpool➡️Hull🔄Morton

Bit clunky but you get the idea. The link says he spoke to Morton.

We very seldom seem to be able to exploit this element of the modern game afaik.

Maybe Chelsea taught us a lesson!

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Contacts and Nepotism in football again. 2 examples.

Cundle Plymouth➡️Stoke🔄Schumacher

Carvalho Liverpool➡️Hull🔄Morton

Bit clunky but you get the idea. The link says he spoke to Morton.

We very seldom seem to be able to exploit this element of the modern game afaik.

Surely thats an expensive loan nonetheless. Not sure I'd want us spending that money on a loan signing rather get a permanent. I guess its worth it if they go up but a risky one.

• Like 1

Just now, RedRoss said:

Surely thats an expensive loan nonetheless. Not sure I'd want us spending that money on a loan signing rather get a permanent. I guess its worth it if they go up but a risky one.

True they are in more of a position where they can push, we are in our first season after financial constraints lasting 2 years give or take.

Sometimes you have to take that leap, it's about timing I guess...and perhaps the squad isn't there yet.

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Carvalho is an insane signing. But don’t worry, our squad is truly what a top 6 squad looks like. 🤣🤣🤣

A front four of Carvalho, Tufan, Philogene with Delap/Connolly up top. If they aren’t top 6 this season then it’s a joke. We’re miles off competing with that imo. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

A front four of Carvalho, Tufan, Philogene with Delap/Connolly up top. If they aren’t top 6 this season then it’s a joke. We’re miles off competing with that imo. 

Yet they have no parachute money and get less at home than we do. That’s a stunning signing at this level

5 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Yet they have no parachute money and get less at home than we do. That’s a stunning signing at this level

But also went through a spell under their previous owner when they spent nothing.

They have headroom because of this.

To get back on topic I would not be at all surprised to see Twine recalled by Burnley & end up with us now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

You're forgetting we've just got over our non parachute push back in 19/20 when we spent millions on Kalas, Massengo, Wells, Palmer, Dasilva, Bentley, Nagy ect. When Hull we're taken over they were in a very healthy position to go for it. If they don't go up they will have to watch their spending sometime like we did.

I think we should be spending more by the way to compete but I'm not sure that represents us loaning a very expensive signing like this.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

You're forgetting we've just got over our non parachute push back in 19/20 when we spent millions on Kalas, Massengo, Wells, Palmer, Dasilva, Bentley, Nagy ect. When Hull we're taken over they were in a very healthy position to go for it. If they don't go up they will have to watch their spending sometime like we did.

I think we should be spending more by the way to compete but I'm not sure that represents us loaning a very expensive signing like this.

Not disagreeing, we had the wrong manager back then for a spending spree for sure, what a waste. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Just as well we’ve already played them twice.

• Like 3

Buzzing we’ve already played Hull twice this season! 

Connolly

Philogene       Delap        Carvalho 

That is a ridiculous attack for what is currently a midtable side, can see them making a push second half of the season, but with the amount of loans they have it would be Sheffield United v2 in the prem next season for them! 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Connolly

That is a ridiculous attack for what is currently a midtable side, can see them making a push second half of the season, but with the amount of loans they have it would be Sheffield United v2 in the prem next season for them! 

It would not be because Sheffield United have an owner who wants out and isn't all that wealthy by football let alone Saudi Prince standards.

Ilicali at Hull is a man in a hurry, his main complaint within a few months was that he couldn't push to compete more with Parachute Payments. He would spend in the PL without doubt, headroom permitting.

Hull are 6th or 7th aren't they, not midtable so not quite sure of your point here?

15 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Connolly

On the evidence of our two games only, Hull need to strengthen at the back, not upfront.

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It would not be because Sheffield United have an owner who wants out and isn't all that wealthy by football let alone Saudi Prince standards.

Ilicali at Hull is a man in a hurry, his main complaint within a few months was that he couldn't push to compete more with Parachute Payments. He would spend in the PL without doubt, headroom permitting.

Hull are 6th or 7th aren't they, not midtable so not quite sure of your point here?

Yeah my bad, got them mixed up with Middlesbrough somehow. 

Still, even if they have an owner willing to spend I don’t see how they make it stick when realistically they would have to replace almost an entire starting midfield, 2/4 decent forwards and potentially another as they’ll struggle to keep hold of Philogene. And as was mentioned already, their defence isn’t near the standard of the rest of team anyway so that would need reinforcement, same with probably a new keeper. 

You’re looking at the very least 8 players imo that would have to be better than what they already have. 

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Yeah my bad, got them mixed up with Middlesbrough somehow. 

Still, even if they have an owner willing to spend I don’t see how they make it stick when realistically they would have to replace almost an entire starting midfield, 2/4 decent forwards and potentially another as they’ll struggle to keep hold of Philogene. And as was mentioned already, their defence isn’t near the standard of the rest of team anyway so that would need reinforcement, same with probably a new keeper. 

You’re looking at the very least 8 players imo that would have to be better than what they already have. 

Tufan is a Turkish International, European experience. Or is he deeper.

£100m in TV money plus other revenue streams plus an owner willing to spend..potential to upgrade in certain positions.

It's the other end of the pitch that needs work moreso IMO. 8 players plus some depth yeah but the only thing possibly holding him back is spending rules.

36 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Connolly

Delap is injured isn't he?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Amazing strength in depth for Hull in midfield and attack now, comparing them to use we are miles off them on paper. Football ain't played on paper though, IS IT LADS?!?!

Played them twice and picked up 4 points, arguably should’ve done the double. Think he’s a very good player Carvalho but feel like they’re better off strengthening at the back than up front

• Like 2