IGNORED

Tinnion - Blaming The Players

lager loud

Let me start by saying I'm not one of those calling for Tinnion's head: he's got the potential to be a great manager for us and needs to be given time. But it disappoints me that the manager's first reaction to our games this seaon has been to criticise his players.

I was at Bournemouth yesterday, and the reason we were a different team in the second half was that we played a different formation. In the first half, with Murray and Anyinsah hugging the touchlines, Orr and Doherty had too much to do in the middle against a hardworking Bournemouth side, and so there was never an outlet to play the ball through midfield. Two short players up front unsurprisingly didn't too well from the long balls that were the inevitable result.

In the second half we had Gillespie linking up the midfield and attack, and Lee Miller winning headers and fighting for everything. We were a different team.

There were things we did badly yesterday - corners (attacking and defending)were poor, and the first goal was soft. But the main reason we were so bad in the first half and so good in the second was down to personnal and tactics - which are the manager's responsibility.

:D

Isn't that what a manger is supposed to do.

I suppose so - and the manager's hardly likely to say "I got it wrong", even if he thinks he did. I just found it frustrating yesterday because I think we've got the players to take teams like Bournemouth apart, if we can get the best out of them. The good thing is that Tinman did change things for the better. Hopefully we'll see lots more performances like the second half yesterday.

Good post.

We need height up front which to some degree is offered by Miller and Gillespie is a must start player for the reasons you state.

this would be my line up against Swindon

Phillips - Smith, Butler [if fit], Fortune, Bell [if fit] - Anyinsah, Orr, Harley, Gillespie - Miller Lita.

You will note I have excluded Doherty and Coles - both have attitude problems at the moment. I think they believe they should be playing at a higher level and are miffed that noone came in for them. Both got booked for dissent yesterday and TD has the attitude that caused him to be sent off at wycombe last season [not to mention questionable fitness levels] whilst Coles is going backwards on a skill level, his distrbution is ##** and he is being muscled off the ball to easily for a player of his physique.

If he plays with the same attitude against Swindon Tommy will be red carded

Guest LeicesterRed
I suppose so - and the manager's hardly likely to say "I got it wrong", even if he thinks he did. I just found it frustrating yesterday because I think we've got the players to take teams like Bournemouth apart, if we can get the best out of them. The good thing is that Tinman did change things for the better. Hopefully we'll see lots more performances like the second half yesterday.

I think you`ll find Tinman is more than man enough to admit it when he gets things wrong. I think he`s a honest man, something that is a rare commodity in todays world.

Archived