IGNORED

Booking fees

Just looking at ordering tickets for a few games and seen booking fees have gone up again. Have the club given a reason for the increase.

Seems over the phone has doubled to £2 a booking. Don’t get what the charges are for, don’t we pay people’s wages through tickets etc. already.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Can’t understand a booking fee for an online transaction with a print at home ticket. What exactly is the cost to the club they are trying to cover? Charge is per ticket too not per transaction. 

100% agree! Had the same with 3 x tickets I bought for the Oxford game, an extra £3.75!!!

I raised this on “X” recently as they were advertising Oxford tickets “from £10 for adults” and I said this is inaccurate as the cheapest you could actually pay was £11.25 even if you order online and print at home.

The usual “club can do no wrong brigade” had a moan back at me in the comments - standard !!

• Like 3

• Admin
59 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Just looking at ordering tickets for a few games and seen booking fees have gone up again. Have the club given a reason for the increase.

Seems over the phone has doubled to £2 a booking. Don’t get what the charges are for, don’t we pay people’s wages through tickets etc. already.

Best to have a scan through the Oxford thread it has already been discussed on there

16 minutes ago, Meh said:

I raised this on “X” recently as they were advertising Oxford tickets “from £10 for adults” and I said this is inaccurate as the cheapest you could actually pay was £11.25 even if you order online and print at home.

The usual “club can do no wrong brigade” had a moan back at me in the comments - standard !!

Well, the club can do no wrong.  Stop moaning.

Thank you

Cheese - Captain of the Club can do no wrong Brigade - Black Watch Division.

Booking fees are annoying, no doubt - but everything has them.

Concert, theatre, cinema aswell I think...

It's not just something we have made up.

Why booking fees can't just be swallowed up in the actual vostok is annoying.

I'd rather pay £35 for a ticket than £30 plus £5 booking fee - for some reason..!

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Booking fees are annoying, no doubt - but everything has them.

Concert, theatre, cinema aswell I think...

It's not just something we have made up.

Why booking fees can't just be swallowed up in the actual vostok is annoying.

I'd rather pay £35 for a ticket than £30 plus £5 booking fee - for some reason..!

Please see my post above

It has been raised with the club 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

Bugs me too, this one. When there’s no option then it should just be part of the advertised price. And I reckon City must be sailing very close to the edge in terms of the Advertising Standards Authority…..if anyone fancies referring a case to them!

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/ticket-pricing-1.html

I did the other week over the membership actually. Got an email back from ASA last week saying it’s been raised to the club. 

• Thanks 2

As discussed in the membership thread, It boils down to the lack of choice for how you receive your tickets.  The only option now is to print at home/show on your phone, so the price advertised should be inclusive of all costs including booking fee as per ASA guidance.  

I think somebody mentioned that when raised before the club said they would check what other clubs do which is a poor response, they are effectively saying that if other clubs screw their fans then we will do the same!  How about so the right thing by your own fans and screw the other clubs who are wrong!

• Like 3

Most companies do charge booking fees. Just the way the price has doubled in some cases that I think is bad from the club. Still can’t believe you buy a membership and are charged a booking fee, why isn’t that part of the price. If I join a club society they don’t charge a fee on top to join so why do we with memberships.

Go on the OS and says membership £25 go and pay £26.25 false advertising again from the club.

Edited by wayne allisons tongues
  • Like 1

Have we had any reply from the club as to why we are charging booking fees. Looking into buying Hull tickets and it’s £1.25 booking fee per ticket.

If you order from Hull and  go in home end it’s £1.25 postage for all tickets.

Why we charging a booking fee for away tickets? 

• Like 1

• Admin
33 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Have we had any reply from the club as to why we are charging booking fees. Looking into buying Hull tickets and it’s £1.25 booking fee per ticket.

If you order from Hull and  go in home end it’s £1.25 postage for all tickets.

Why we charging a booking fee for away tickets? 

No

Though I can tell you that just this morning it has been agreed that a sub group from the SC&T will be meeting on a monthly basis with the football club

The first meeting is on Wednesday 13th September where I would assume an update will be provided (If not earlier)

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Do you mean those held at away games? 

I'm not aware there is one planned, whether that means never happening again I don't know for sure 

Steve Lansdown said he would be happy to attend a forum at an away game, but he’s not organising/arranging one - if one is organised, obviously with notice, he said during his Q&A at the Senior Reds lunch that he would attend!

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do you mean those held at away games? 

I'm not aware there is one planned, whether that means never happening again I don't know for sure 

No I mean like the one at the Hen & Chicken best part of a year ago, when RG, Tins and Nige took Qs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coombsy said:

Years ago shop bars etc 

when was the last time you bought anything at the gate???

Hahaha im a card man so never realised, it was only because it was my nephews birthday and he had some cash and wanted a new shirt so i went in and got it for him.