IGNORED

First time I've left early in over 40 years

Shippers

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not an over reaction and selling Scott has nothing to do with it. 

It's all down to such a lacklustre and dull game to watch 

Hopefully we're not in for another season of decent away games but dour home performances

The home performances did improve in the second half of last season, for the first time in many years. Yesterday was a return to the worst of the last few years, and I can honestly say I didn’t stay until the end with any Hope that we would even get a consolation goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnyleota said:

Hi guys

New here as a group of mates made me pick a Championship team to follow. I chose Bristol City and trying to get a handle on what I’ve got myself into. Are we really as shit as you lot say? I’m in Australia and coming over for Xmas so wanting to come to a game, where should I get tickets for? 

Welcome Johnny L, 

When you come over, make sure you bring Lady Luck with you.

• Like 1

Hi guys

New here as a group of mates made me pick a Championship team to follow. I chose Bristol City and trying to get a handle on what I’ve got myself into. Are we really as shit as you lot say? I’m in Australia and coming over for Xmas so wanting to come to a game, where should I get tickets for? 

You will not believe how lucky you are.  We have a long tradition of signing Australian superstars such as Kilkenny and Agostino and someone else.

Best matches at Xmas will probably be against Arsenal or Man U in a Cup game on our way to Wembley.

Stick with it- you can follow our journey with zero pain and if you have a good sense of humour you'll never be short of a good laugh.

Just remembered: Nick Carle another classic from Downunder

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
  • Like 1

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The home performances did improve in the second half of last season, for the first time in many years. Yesterday was a return to the worst of the last few years, and I can honestly say I didn’t stay until the end with any Hope that we would even get a consolation goal.

100% agree, I won't say how early I left my seat but was great to have a drink with so many friends in the concourse 

• Admin

Hi guys

99% of teams are the same, that's what makes the football community so unique that we constantly put ourselves through the pain lol

One thing that you will be guaranteed is a friendly welcome 

What’s really worrying is that that was the second match of the season.  It was neither a grim mid-season match for a struggling team hit by an injury crisis; nor an early season match with a young side trying to bed in recent newcomers.  That was an experienced team, with the two new names this season having appeared in all games so far.  If they can play that badly now, I really fear for the months ahead.  Almost every player was below par and almost all the difficulties in the match were of our own making.  Birmingham had to do very little to make us look like mugs and frankly I felt embarrassed when the Birmingham fans, quite justifiably, started taking the p*ss.

Pearson’s selection and his substitutions were odd, to say the least, and we’ve seen many times before that he appears not to be able to ‘pick up’ a team which is playing badly.  I didn’t see anyone playing with real passion today, and that’s what particularly frightens me.

• Like 1

Hi guys

City have been very inconsistent over the past few seasons. We're better than we were before Pearson took over, when it looked like we might plunge to the third tier, but even under NP, we have had extended sterile periods - and then gone on runs where we've played some exquisite stuff.  Hopefully, when you're in the UK, you'll catch some of that.

We've just sold our most creative playmaker - for good money. Even if the club finances hadn't been trashed by the previous regimes here, it is very difficult for championship clubs to hold on to young players when PL clubs come a-knocking. And to be fair to them, they deserve their shot at the big time. The upshot is, we are hoping Nigel Pearson can use the cash to plug some of the more obvious holes in our team. We'll know in 12 days, as that's when the English transfer window closes. 

City v Hull on Dec 22nd sees us take on the club who narrowly beat us at Wembley in the 2008 play-off to go up to the Wembley. The heartache lives on, so that should be a decent watch. Alternatively, Millwall on New Years Day is always a lively watch and we recently beat them at ours. Avoid their more genetically challenged supporters however. 

When you come to the Gate don't be shy chatting to your fellow Reds. We're a friendly bunch, and we welcome new converts to the cause.

2 hours ago, johnnyleota said:

Hi guys

Let's see how much you will be here. Your story is a bit more weird than mine when I became a fan haha.

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What’s really worrying is that that was the second match of the season.  It was neither a grim mid-season match for a struggling team hit by an injury crisis; nor an early season match with a young side trying to bed in recent newcomers.  That was an experienced team, with the two new names this season having appeared in all games so far.  If they can play that badly now, I really fear for the months ahead.  Almost every player was below par and almost all the difficulties in the match were of our own making.  Birmingham had to do very little to make us look like mugs and frankly I felt embarrassed when the Birmingham fans, quite justifiably, started taking the p*ss.

Pearson’s selection and his substitutions were odd, to say the least, and we’ve seen many times before that he appears not to be able to ‘pick up’ a team which is playing badly.  I didn’t see anyone playing with real passion today, and that’s what particularly frightens me.

We have a very thin squad sadly.

It was flat, it was worrying and I wasn't sure on the starting line-up certainly. I would have had Sykes and Wells in there for one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Tell the club PR channels that….promotion push, a squad capable of challenging, our owner even says our squad is better than Luton Town! When you look at it, we lack anyone who can take the game by the scruff of its neck. 

The owner no **** all about football 

Just now, Glen hump said:

I will always respect what SL has done for this club, Ashton Gate (aside from the Atyeo) is a class stadium now as are the facilities at the HPC, but I feel we are a club that needs a fresh impetus and almost overhaul. Chatting to the Birmingham fans on way back they are buzzing with Brady and having new ideas and investment. Makes you wonder if anyone has made a serious play for us. Just feel we are stale at present, it’s same old, same old and fans won’t keep paying £40 to sit in the best seats to watch average football. 

• Like 2

Just now, Glen hump said:

4 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

I will always respect what SL has done for this club, Ashton Gate (aside from the Atyeo) is a class stadium now as are the facilities at the HPC, but I feel we are a club that needs a fresh impetus and almost overhaul. Chatting to the Birmingham fans on way back they are buzzing with Brady and having new ideas and investment. Makes you wonder if anyone has made a serious play for us. Just feel we are stale at present, it’s same old, same old and fans won’t keep paying £40 to sit in the best seats to watch average football. 

Totally agree, I think stale is the right word, pretty sure sl has lost interest as well 

16 hours ago, Shippers said:

Trying not to over react, really trying! 

But....

I believe we are in trouble, at 1-0 down I look at the team and bench and I think who can change this? Who can score out of nothing, who can send in a cross, who can find a defence splitting pass, no one really.

We are slow, predictable,  boring, and easy to play against.  

No one will get 20 goals 

No one will provide many assists

We won't keep many clean sheets

How are we not in a bottom half battle to stay up?

Please prove me wrong 

I think Pearson has done a good job clearing the dead wood, lowering the wage, and sorting the back room stuff, but we look a million miles off a top 6 team at the moment. 

I feel completely drained after only 2 home games. I dont know what the answer is, but today, apart from the one Wells' chance was pretty dire, Preston was no better.

Off to get very drunk 

COYR!

IMG_7055.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spike said:

I get it but people need to vent, I mean I find it more calming having people frustrated and irritated after a bad performance than I do having a bunch of fans saying "Look at the positives", "you need to support the team" or "you're over reacting". When we put in performances like today there should be a reaction and regardless of Pearson and the players knowing it they should still hear/read it. 

Agreed. 100%. However the thought some did for the first time today, makes me think they haven’t been supporting us very long. Or perhaps the accuracy of the comment is questionable!

I came over from France for the Preston game and was, putting it mildly, underwhelmed. 
I thought that we had recruited for a high energy pressing game with robust athletic ballers. 

We are already into a mini injury crisis and although we appear to outrun the opposition we haven’t taken advantage of their inferior fitness levels. 
I hoped that this was a one off but it looks like a repeat  of the Knob Enders match. 
It’s early days yet and we can’t write the side off ignoring the performance at Millwall but it is worrying for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnyleota said:

Hi guys

The Ethihad, Manchester.

No, seriously you have to remember this is a football forum and any defeat this is where we come to have a moan and get it off our chests, it’s quite important for some to do this and certainly better than taking it out on loved one’s at home.

Have a read after back to back wins and and you’ll think we’re on our way to promotion.

There are loads of great pre match places to meet fellow reds for a drink so be sure to ask nearer the time.

2 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

BELOW AVERAGE FOOTBALL corrected that for you