IGNORED

John Ruddy

12 hours ago, sadlybrokered said:

Problem I have with professional footballers is that they know that fans aren’t allowed on the pitch so they are protected somewhat so take liberties. He wouldn’t have acted like such an ass if on the street…

Seriously, if you were allowed on the pitch to smack a professional footballer, you think them smiling in your direction after their team scoring is justification to do so?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Seriously? 

It works both ways, supporters wouldn't give the abuse to players if they saw them in the street 

Quite different though isn’t it… one persons actions is in your opinion enough to act like a douche bag to god and antagonise to try and wind up a whole stand of people? 

There would be people out there who will do it so you can’t say that. I just know that Pro’s wouldn’t stand out in the street outside Greville Smyth park after winning the game and start taunting and goading the whole street of people. 

You’re as bad as Ivan. What a right pair of plonkers we have here.

When I was an 8 year old in about the fourth match I seen City play, I was in the East End with my father, Bristol City v Sheffield United. In a very close, contentious game Tony Currie scored the only goal of the match in the East End goal. As thousands were hurling abuse towards him from the stand when he scored, he stood in front of the East End blowing kisses. The showmanship was superb it knocked spots off of booing the villain in a pantomime and the impression it left on me has remained vibrant for over half a century.

It summed up what football is all about and to me it defines the opposing reactions to a goal in the game. I much prefer this to having to mute celebrations in case of hurting the feelings of the already aggrieved at having conceded a goal. I love rubbing it in when I am elated at City scoring but equally I can take it when it's reciprocated. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Is this the crap we have to listen to after losses? Wow…

Whys it crap? Max was lauded for his box command and distibution. 
he flaps at most crosses ( as he did before concession of the corner for the first goal), and his distribution makes Matt Hill’s delivery down the line look like messi bending one in the top corner. 
Hes not a top keeper whatsoever. Academy love-in is a joke. Just because a player is from the academy doesnt make them good enough!

'If you can't take it, don't give it '.........were his words. Can fully understand the frustration of our fan though. It was a dreadful City display. Ugly even. 

Re his performance......he didn't have to do a thing. We were completely inept. Can't imagine we'll play that badly collectively again this season....

...... bloody hope not anyway. 

On 19/08/2023 at 19:22, nickolas said:

Takes crosses better than our Max though! ?

He was awful wasn't he. Game to forget. 

On 20/08/2023 at 13:54, handsofclay said:

When I was an 8 year old in about the fourth match I seen City play, I was in the East End with my father, Bristol City v Sheffield United. In a very close, contentious game Tony Currie scored the only goal of the match in the East End goal. As thousands were hurling abuse towards him from the stand when he scored, he stood in front of the East End blowing kisses. The showmanship was superb it knocked spots off of booing the villain in a pantomime and the impression it left on me has remained vibrant for over half a century.

It summed up what football is all about and to me it defines the opposing reactions to a goal in the game. I much prefer this to having to mute celebrations in case of hurting the feelings of the already aggrieved at having conceded a goal. I love rubbing it in when I am elated at City scoring but equally I can take it when it's reciprocated. 

Think they went up that season and we struggled a bit to stay up, but this was my favourite times watching City and it only got better!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think they went up that season and we struggled a bit to stay up, but this was my favourite times watching City and it only got better!

I think you are right. My first match was earlier that season v Sheffield Wednesday who had just come down from the top flight. So I seen both Sheffield clubs before I seen both Bristol ones.

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2023 at 22:15, myol'man said:

Back in my day we used to throw darts at goalies. Game's gone soft ?‍♂️

*not a serious post 

Peter Mellor might agree with you. 

Ruddy, on the other hand, would probably be relieved to have been playing in front of the South Stand, rather than the East End. 

• Like 1