IGNORED

Attack, attack, attack - attack - attack!

Lack of Action Man

Group of lads near me in the SS tried to get this going, with minimal response. But have to say having reflected on the game a bit, they were right to have a go at getting the chant going. We are far too ponderous on the ball, comfortable sliding it back and forth in very safe areas but lack any convincing movement or penetration to the final third. 

If we keep playing this overly tactical, dare I say “negative” brand of football it won’t be long before the locals become increasingly restless. 

14 minutes ago, Scrumpys Dietary Advisor.. said:

Seems we revert to type, it's showing signs of getting back to the LJ era all over again but with a completely new batch of players (??!) which not what I would have expected from Big Nige ...

I agree. I didn’t expect this type of football under NP at this point in his managerial cycle, so it has been a bit of a surprise. By now I did think we would be faster, more incisive and less ponderous in our build up play.

On another thread I’ve seen comments alluding to the overall play-style/tactical plan stifling those more “unpredictable” players of ours, such as Mehmetti and I can see this point also.

• Like 1

Just now, johnheadbcfc said:

I doubt fans chanting attack will make any difference at all .

It’s not that I would expect the chat to make a difference, the professional footballer likely shuts out that noise and focussed on their game plan from the manager and his assistants. It’s more that the if this chant becomes more widespread, it’s an expression of frustration at our somewhat negative play style. 

Whilst I didn’t get involved, I’d Rather hear this chant, than hear people hurling abuse at individual players. 

5 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

The clearest message of the crowd's boredom with our style of play came in the shape of the excited mirth of paper planes launched toward the pitch.

Next up, it will be the bloody Mexican Wave....

It’s become a thing at England games, even the entertaining ones. I don’t understand it at all.

When asked at a Senior Reds lunch recently why we didn't have a Flint like player for height when defending and attacking crosses, Tinnion  said we were looking instead to play fast, high press, front foot attacking play with players able to run for the full 90+ minutes. What the f#@k happened to that plan.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, marmite said:

When asked at a Senior Reds lunch recently why we didn't have a Flint like player for height when defending and attacking crosses, Tinnion  said we were looking instead to play fast, high press, front foot attacking play with players able to run for the full 90+ minutes. What the f#@k happened to that plan.

That plan really isn’t what we are seeing on the pitch at all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

9 months passes ..........

A baby a baby a baby a baby a baby.  

A tac, a nail and a screw = a baby?? 
Do you run one of those weird sado-masochistic dens we used to see on Eurotrash Lorenzo? 

I remember a few seasons ago when City went 3 - 0 up against Sunderland in the first half, every move forward was accompanied by the chants of "Attack, attack, attack ".

Problem was in the second half when we forgot to chant "Defend, defend, defend ", and low and behold we conceded 3 goals and were lucky to draw in the end!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marmite said:

I have heard JL state this as our type of play in the past but probably 3 years ago, I can't remember many games in the last 3 years where I have thought we look faster than the opposition, we do press high, front foot attacking play - once again I'm back to I can't remember many games where we have been on the front foot and attacking.

Is it just something people say without knowing what they mean.