IGNORED

Off your seats guys...

PFree

Kudos to the chap in Dolman B who loudly pointed out on Saturday that the lino on our side of the pitch was a short-sighted, auburn-haired pleasurer of himself.

Said in a nice loud voice, that led to a wave of laughter from multiple rows around him - perhaps the only thing we had to smile about during that match. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The atmosphere is entirely generated by the acoustics in the Atyeo where a handful of away fans drown out the pockets of City who want to sing , boo or shout. 
The pre match music is waaaaay too loud and doesn’t allow the build up of excitement that used to accompany matches at the Gate. The banter between the fans . 
Add that to years of deception and underwhelming performances and there’s your answer. 
I said as much in the after match questionnaire sent out by the club.

Just when you think the club has turned a corner it somehow manages to be a dead end.

Too loud and goes on too long the music.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, going into this season we only had two, maybe 3 players who might excite IMPO which would be Scott, Mehmeti and Roberts and as we all know Scott is gone, taking with him the only player who was capable of taking the ball in a defensive situation and turning it into an attacking one efficiently and quickly so that our attack could actually get going. Mehmeti seems to have stopped running at players instead choosing to try and beat them with pace which I think means the best part of his game isn't being utilised and Roberts really hasn't had enough time but still needs the midfield/attack to hold onto the ball long enough for him to get forward.

With regard to the fans and the atmosphere:

44 minutes ago, Riaz said:

We shouldnt need something to happen to get the atmosphere going.

It should be the opposite - when the team is going through a tough moment - we should get louder.

This sums it up perfectly. I don't know if it's because it's a different generation and the younger fans probably started watching City as we won League One so they're used to cheering when the team do something good or if the old school fans have just stopped going/cheering but when I was 15 and at a game and we were playing crap we'd get louder, shout encouragement, sing etc and in turn the players would hear that and you'd visibly see a bit more effort. In the last few years Ashton Gate feels so much more quiet, like we lose the ball and there is no sudden noise to spur players on, a player tracks back and does something positive and they get a light applause and then quiet again, it baffles me as it's not the Ashton Gate I knew as a kid.
Also, whilst mentioning the doing something positive, I think our fans have a negative impact on new players who don't hit the ground running, Cornick against Milwall made a goal-saving block and provided the throw that led to the goal and next game he starts off ok and upon his first mistake the fans go mental at him and he looks frustrated and I don't blame him, the same thing then happens on twitter after the game, fan after fan berating him and calling him the worst signing we've ever made. When Mehmeti had a few games last season he got lambasted for not taking on 3-4 players and putting it in the top bins, it was like the fans saw his videos of him taking players on and expected Ronaldo to turn up. None of this makes any sense to me, most of all calling Cornick the worst striker we've had when we have had players who never even got more than a couple of games or someone like Diony who turned up when we were firing on all cylinders and couldn't score with a free hooker.
Cornick is showing small signs of why he was signed but bare in mind the man is playing in a team that's had 3 shots on target in 3 games! Name a striker who would shine with our current set up because I think you could put Haaland up front right now and even he would struggle to create anything as it's just long ball after long ball to the central striker and absolutely no support with him when it's played because all 3 of our midfielders are better suited in a deeper role.

• Thanks 1