IGNORED

Why are we playing hull on friday

the frampton balti

From Hull's OS

Both of Hull City’s Sky Bet Championship matches against Bristol City have been moved to Friday nights.

The Robins’ visit to the MKM Stadium in our second home game of the season will take place on Friday 25 August to avoid a fixture clash with Hull FC.

The reverse match at Ashton Gate will be played on Friday 22 December, with both games to kick-off at 7:45pm.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

From Hull's OS

Both of Hull City’s Sky Bet Championship matches against Bristol City have been moved to Friday nights.

The Robins’ visit to the MKM Stadium in our second home game of the season will take place on Friday 25 August to avoid a fixture clash with Hull FC.

The reverse match at Ashton Gate will be played on Friday 22 December, with both games to kick-off at 7:45pm.

Think Friday’s game kicks off at 7:30?

2 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Think Friday’s game kicks off at 7:30?

Does according to BBC.

Not a clue why our home game was moved, looks like the Bears are away and no game for the Women.

3 minutes ago, One Team said:

Not on TV though is it? 

No , seems not.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Does according to BBC.

Not a clue why our home game was moved, looks like the Bears are away and no game for the Women.

No , seems not.

The home match was moved to give City more recovery time before the match on Boxing Day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

The home match was moved to give City more recovery time before the match on Boxing Day 

Love to see the stats on our ‘extra recovery time’ performances. You go into the subsequent game thinking we will be a yard faster, stronger, more mentally ‘drilled’ than our opponents and, invariably, we produce a limp-wristed, losing effort.

It’s a bit like the ‘big crowds’ syndrome when we do discounts to attract new/floating supporters. We seem to always end up with the worst performances of the Season and losing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

You may be correct - but I would be very surprised if it was as simple as that...

Presumably the league also has to agree, otherwise it would happen far more often, no?

Iirc any game that is outside of the no-broadcast zone (ie Saturday afternoon around 3pm ko) is allowed to be broadcast on the football club's own streaming site for UK viewing. The one stipulation is that the home club has the vote as to whether or not to allow it. Swansea last year said no to our game so it wasn't available via Robins tv.

• Like 3

Just now, Norn Iron said:

Iirc any game that is outside of the no-broadcast zone (ie Saturday afternoon around 3pm ko) is allowed to be broadcast on the football club's own streaming site for UK viewing. The one stipulation is that the home club has the vote as to whether or not to allow it. Swansea last year said no to our game so it wasn't available via Robins tv.

I was on about actually moving the kick off of the match, rather than whether it could be streamed or not.

As a point on that though - don't games moved from 3pm, for non-TV reasons, still 'count' as 3pm games, so can't be shown. I've always thought that was the case.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

I was on about actually moving the kick off of the match, rather than whether it could be streamed or not.

If you get agreement from EFL, you can move it (and agreement from other team too)

As a point on that though - don't games moved from 3pm, for non-TV reasons, still 'count' as 3pm games, so can't be shown. I've always thought that was the case.

2 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

We surely aren't allowed to do this?

Many years ago Tranmere played all of their home matches on a Friday night. This was to avoid a clash with either Everton or Liverpool on the Saturday 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Midred said:

I'm pretty sure we've moved our home games for the convenience of the away team. Didn't we move a match for Qpr the other season to allow them recovery time between matches?

There will be times when it’s mandatory (there is a minimum amount of time between when one team can play). Especially over Christmas/New Year it happens when the schedule is already tight and games get moved for Sky.

Remember our game at Villa Park got moved to half 5 kick off despite not being on tv because our previous game against Wolves had been moved to the tea time on the Saturday. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Overseas / VPN only judging by the UK login options available.

Although Dave, the city robins boffins keep a tight lid on this news until 24 hours prior to the game....either because they don't know how to use the computer to tell us or it's because they want to sell as many away tickets as possible!

It has been that way in the past.

The whole vpn thing is a joke anyway. You can be honest and complete the details on where you live and watch the game via a vpn. The club and EFL don't care. Yet, for those of us who have an issue with this etc from a legal perspective (blah, blah, blah) can't/won't watch it. The law really is an Arsenal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Not just the kick off that’s been moved, it’s also to a different day!

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Does according to BBC.

No , seems not.

I wondered if we hope to have/already have a large function at the ground on the Saturday (it is Christmas after all)