IGNORED

Huge midfield upgrade

BLRed

Is it just me or have we massively upgraded our midfield this season with Knight and THG. Both young, high energy, increase in quality and both driven and forward thinking. 

huge upgrade on Williams, king and even James who are much older, susceptible to injuries and aside from James, lacking any real quality on the ball.

Definitely a step in the right direction but we are still just missing that jigsaw piece that offers creativity, and that can create havoc by turning and driving at and through the opposition in the 10 spot. (Maybe where Murphy came in before that seemingly fell flat on its face)

3 minutes ago, mightyreds89 said:

Didn’t watch last nights match how was THG when he came on judging my above guessing he impressed? Centre mid or straight swap for Tanner? 

Straight swap for Tanner at RB.

15-20 min cameo of technical proficiency / skill.  Can’t comment defensively.  He was unfairly yellow carded for playing the ball.  But the ref was James Linington, who was crap, as was the near side Lino (I’m not referring to the disallowed goal, he got that right, but the other decisions right in front of his nose he got wrong).

• Like 1

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Knight is a fantastic signing. Has huge drive in his own career, which will obviously benefit us. Fan favourite incoming 

Someone called him a Korey-Josh love child when he signed.  Not sure he’s quite Josh, but he has good traits of both.  It’s why he was my no1 (realistic) target this summer.  He’s a bloody good player, with 100 games at this level already.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Knight is a fantastic signing. Has huge drive in his own career, which will obviously benefit us. Fan favourite incoming 

When it first came out that we were looking at Knight

I spoke to a big Derby fan 

He said we didnt have a chance Way to good for us Will be going to a mid prem team

Seen him the other day Still cant believe we got him He is gutted

• Like 2
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, eardun said:

I think Naismith in midfield is a good creative option too. In fact with Dickie back, I would put him there. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Chance to have a look at that against Norwich maybe ?

Agree, also could mean Williams gets a rest from starting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Having Naismith back gives us a lot more options.

I've never been a big Williams fan, he's not exactly technically gifted and he's had his injury issues (not that its his fault).

But I can never fault him for effort and commitment and he put in a great deal last night and was effective, so I'd agree with him getting a night off.

Mehmeti needs a full game, he's looking a bit down atm and Cornick deserves a start, be nice to see what TGH brings to the team as well.

For me, the Norwich game isn't all about the result, its about the performance and players getting the minutes to play themselves into form.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Wouldn’t be surprised to see King play an hour, allowing both James & Williams a break & one of those two also then coming on for Knight.

Edited by GrahamC

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Straight swap for Tanner at RB.

15-20 min cameo of technical proficiency / skill.  Can’t comment defensively.  He was unfairly yellow carded for playing the ball.  But the ref was James Linington, who was crap, as was the near side Lino (I’m not referring to the disallowed goal, he got that right, but the other decisions right in front of his nose he got wrong).

I thought the ref was decent. The offside was odd (was it his fault?), but he was at least trying to allow a game of football to be played, and generally succeeded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

When it first came out that we were looking at Knight

I spoke to a big Derby fan 

He said we didnt have a chance Way to good for us Will be going to a mid prem team

Seen him the other day Still cant believe we got him He is gutted

I had the same opinion as that Derby fan, I was both surprised and delighted we got him.

3 hours ago, BLRed said:

Is it just me or have we massively upgraded our midfield this season with Knight and THG. Both young, high energy, increase in quality and both driven and forward thinking. 

huge upgrade on Williams, king and even James who are much older, susceptible to injuries and aside from James, lacking any real quality on the ball.

Definitely a step in the right direction but we are still just missing that jigsaw piece that offers creativity, and that can create havoc by turning and driving at and through the opposition in the 10 spot. (Maybe where Murphy came in before that seemingly fell flat on its face)

Would like to see a midfield of knight naysmith and Gardner -Haskins now that has pace and looks to go forward .

I haven’t seen James get as much credit as he deserves from last night. Knight rightfully takes the plaudits, but I thought he was allowed to as James did a lot of the dirty work, made some good challenges (he really got stuck in one and muscled off the attacked to stop a Hull break and start our own) and really gave licence to those around him to play with a bit more freedom.

Williams is the player who I feel can be upgraded on, and I think we will see him replaced by Naismith, with James being pushed up, or TGH in the next game. I think away against Swansea it is likely we will see James and Naismith with Knight slight further on. Provides midfield stability and allows us to counter and thread balls through quickly to our forwards. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I haven’t seen James get as much credit as he deserves from last night. Knight rightfully takes the plaudits, but I thought he was allowed to as James did a lot of the dirty work, made some good challenges (he really got stuck in one and muscled off the attacked to stop a Hull break and start our own) and really gave licence to those around him to play with a bit more freedom.

Williams is the player who I feel can be upgraded on, and I think we will see him replaced by Naismith, with James being pushed up, or TGH in the next game. I think away against Swansea it is likely we will see James and Naismith with Knight slight further on. Provides midfield stability and allows us to counter and thread balls through quickly to our forwards. 

That counter started when James bottled a challenge closer to the halfway line. Both him and Williams need to be upgraded over the next couple of windows. 

5 hours ago, BLRed said:

Well... potentially, but it's hard to say after 4 games.

For me, Knight is an improvement on Williams.

THG we've seen 10 minutes so too early to judge. 

And I think James is the best of the bunch still.

• Like 2