IGNORED

Is Massengo about to free up some Funds

Just seen that Massengo is going to join Burnley in the next couple of days so is this the unexpected extra funds we may need to at least release some kind of extra funding for at least one signing?

For a window that started so promising it seems to be one which has left us very lacking in terms of goals and that creative spark needed to break a line in home games.

Seems our minds have to be fast as the clubs currently isn’t.  Whilst I see we have a more balance squad, left to right, unfortunately it’s not so balanced front to back.

we may have cover for each position but I don’t feel any offer creativity (Knight could prove me wrong).  Weimann isn’t the man when fit.

well yes we have 2 players for all positions within the current formation.  We have zero players with that creative link and the workload on nahki is surely too much.

• Like 1

Not sure what’s confusing &Tomo, we haven’t got a pot to piss in wages wise, they have to pay compo and we have to pay a loan fee if we want the lad obviously. Surely a deal could be struck that suits all parties? Bear in mind Massengo could wait a couple of weeks and we get nothing anyway as I understand it from reading on here today?

26 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not sure what’s confusing &Tomo, we haven’t got a pot to piss in wages wise, they have to pay compo and we have to pay a loan fee if we want the lad obviously. Surely a deal could be struck that suits all parties? Bear in mind Massengo could wait a couple of weeks and we get nothing anyway as I understand it from reading on here today?

Not confused mate - it's more of a 'this could be a deal worth looking at' if Burnley sign Han-Noah, 

Reported Wages of Michael Obafemi is just under £13k a week. Not sure how accurate that is obviously, but it would be reasonable Centre Forward cover for a season. His contract is up in June 2024 with Burnley, so he was only given a short deal.

https://www.capology.com/player/michael-obafemi-36713/

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not confused mate - it's more of a 'this could be a deal worth looking at' if Burnley sign Han-Noah, 

Reported Wages of Michael Obafemi is just under £13k a week. Not sure how accurate that is obviously, but it would be reasonable Centre Forward cover for a season. His contract is up in June 2024 with Burnely, so he was only given a short deal.

https://www.capology.com/player/michael-obafemi-36713/

I’m sure those numbers could very easily be “manipulated” so that compo, a loan fee and %age of wages suits both clubs?. ………if Nige has any interest in the player of course.

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

All is explained in the Massengo thread - compo, timings, etc.

Isn't Obafemi out injured ? Thought I'd read that he tore a hamstring pre-season ?

If he rocks up here it won't be too long until he tears the other one as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If receiving £25m won't allow us to spend more, what difference will an extra million (estimate) make?

If you’re only paying 10% of the lads wages and make the other two numbers suit so that both clubs get what they think they are “owed”, it isn’t a big hit on the wage bill which we are told (by Nige obviously as nobody above him has the ability to speak) is the stumbling block to signing new players?

The Michael Obafemi was just a suggestion but I didn't realise he was injured to be fair. Burnley probably won't play him anyway when he's fit. He was only given a 1 year contract which tells me he was only signed for back up...

Edited by Tomo

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

The Michael Obafemi was just a suggestion but I didn't realise he was injured to be fair. Burnley probably won't play him anyway when he's fit. He was only give a 1 year contract which tells me he was only signed for back up...

If he’s injured then that ***** it!!! Do they have any other decent players surplus to immediate requirements???

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gibbo7 said:

Just seen that Massengo is going to join Burnley in the next couple of days so is this the unexpected extra funds we may need to at least release some kind of extra funding for at least one signing?

For a window that started so promising it seems to be one which has left us very lacking in terms of goals and that creative spark needed to break a line in home games.

Seeing as we just sold a kid for a £25m pure profit and won’t spend, the compensation from massengo will be like piss in a full bath. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, 38MC said:

Seeing as we just sold a kid for a £25m pure profit and won’t spend, the compensation from massengo will be like piss in a full bath. 

Perhaps I’ve got this wrong but the message I’m reading isn’t the fee paid but that we are on 99% or whatever of wage budget and the two items seem to be completely separate for whatever reason?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Perhaps I’ve got this wrong but the message I’m reading isn’t the fee paid but that we are on 99% or whatever of wage budget and the two items seem to be completely separate for whatever reason?

Yeah wage limit is the reason, but budgets are usually flexed and revisited when there is a large influx of capital. 

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Not on this occasion it seems!!

If it’s because we want investment it’s  shortsighted I think. 

Whilst the FFP headroom might seem attractive for a new investor, is it really when your team are languishing at the bottom of the table and you think it’s probably going to take you a huge investment and gamble… 

or better to take a team having a decent bit of FFP headroom which is competing already… you can’t invest eyewatering amounts, but can still give it a go. 

16 minutes ago, mozo said:

Lansdown would love to invest millions for players, he really would, but unfortunately he can't exceed the arbitrary and unnecessary wage budget which he decided to put in place.

See my post on the other thread: if the wage budget was set in March when Scott was a BCFC player, why was there no plan in place to increase the budget when Scott was sold? I do not understand why SL, who’s made billions from financial services, cannot plan for various scenarios and kick those plans into action when needed. It’s mental. 

• Like 1