IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

56 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

I wonder if Steve is fed up with the money he has given to Nigel who has wasted it on Rubbish players  and said that’s enough until the next bloke walks through the door next season 

Genuine question…. Which players that Pearson has signed would you say he’s wasted money on?

I will be eternally grateful to the Lansdown family for the amazing infrastructure that they have delivered & years of financial support.  I think what should be a fantastic legacy is or will become tainted with many for the decision to cut the budget.

I get that you want costs down prior to a sale but Lansdown will be remembered for turning his back at a time when his club needed him as we are a couple of injuries away from this season that started with huge optimism becoming a disaster and struggle.

Edited by Shuffle
  • Like 4

Just now, milo1111 said:

Genuine question…. Which players that Pearson has signed would you say he’s wasted money on?

In my opinion unfortunately Kane Wilson, bajic he obviously don’t rate as 1 game in 1 and a bit seasons ,at the minute I would also say unfortunately Anis and Cornick but I also think he has made a few decent signings like Knight who I think is a fabulous signing but he has signed a lot of players who are no better than he had before , I really wanted Kane to work out as I work with his dad it just looks like we are a few injuries away from a real problem 

13 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

In my opinion unfortunately Kane Wilson, bajic he obviously don’t rate as 1 game in 1 and a bit seasons ,at the minute I would also say unfortunately Anis and Cornick but I also think he has made a few decent signings like Knight who I think is a fabulous signing but he has signed a lot of players who are no better than he had before , I really wanted Kane to work out as I work with his dad it just looks like we are a few injuries away from a real problem 

No context from you just black & white. Plus ,you work with kanes dad . Are you 5 years old ? 
this is  what pisses me of with fans like you . If players are not instant success then they’re shit . Bajic is a kid but you’re judging him . Cornick will turn out to be decent signing long term . Blinkered short term thinking that’s what it is. You’ve decided anis is no good either ? . I really do wonder what some people watch during games .Don’t  take this personally  but Sorry imo your opinions are clueless when it comes to football 

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No context from you just black & white. Plus ,you work with kanes dad . Are you 5 years old ? 
this is  what pisses me of with fans like you . If players are not instant success then they’re shit . Bajic is a kid but you’re judging him . Cornick will turn out to be decent signing long term . Blinkered short term thinking that’s what it is. You’ve decided anis is no good either ? . I really do wonder what some people watch during games .Don’t  take this personally  but Sorry imo your opinions are clueless when it comes to football 

Would you like to meet Kanes dad mate and find out what really went on I will supply a free train ticket to go and meet him mate anytime you are free in fact mate it will be a first class ticket let me know when your free if you think I  am talking BS 

Edited by Stockwood gate

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

5 Things I would like to say to our owner...(I could list 100)

1. Steve Lansdown is a legend at Bristol City
2. Steve Lansdown redeveloped Ashton Gate. It's amazing now (for home fans)
3. Steve Lansdown should have never appointed Brian Tinnion as Manager
4. Steve Lansdown - Coppell saw how you ran the club in a few weeks and walked because of that!
5. Steve Lansdown - Give NP the required funds NOW so we have cover at GK, CB & CF (not big money required)

What do we all think of BT now in charge of recruitment etc? I mean I loved BT as a player, prob my top 3, class act and city legend, but not convinced it’s the right move, especially as someone who had a poor spell as manager and a below average recruitment record. I suppose G Smith did score v the Gas! 

8 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

Would you like to meet Kanes dad mate and find out what really went on I will supply a free train ticket to go and meet him mate anytime 

How's he doing at Derby? After Bolton didn't want him.

He'd be as much use to us right now as a chocolate tea pot.

And a player's dad is hardly an unbiased opinion to believe, is it - what do you expect him to say? 

Pearson is a tough task master and has precisely the standards our football club requires right now. Your mate and his boy need to get over it and move on. Good luck to him, he wasn't what we need right now. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

What do we all think of BT now in charge of recruitment etc? I mean I loved BT as a player, prob my top 3, class act and city legend, but not convinced it’s the right move, especially as someone who had a poor spell as manager and a below average recruitment record. I suppose G Smith did score v the Gas! 

Tins current role is spot on as he has the best interests of the football club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

How's he doing at Derby? After Bolton didn't want him.

He'd be as much use to us right now as a chocolate tea pot.

And a player's dad is hardly an unbiased opinion to believe, is it - what do you expect him to say? 

Pearson is a tough task master and has precisely the standards our football club requires right now. Your mate and his boy need to get over it and move on. Good luck to him, he wasn't what we need right now. 

What someone who can cross a ball and score goals 

16 minutes ago, Stockwood gate said:

What someone who can cross a ball and score goals 

When he's doing the business at our level we'll see that he's good enough for it.

But even that is beside the point, because, for whatever reason, he seemed to be in conflict with NP for most of his time here.

When that happens, it doesn't matter how good you are, you'll be out on your arsenal (most of the time, occasionally it will be the manager that gets booted).

4 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

You must be nuts if you don’t want owners like Newcastle or Man City,

No way this club, or any others will see success without money like that. 

Money like that can’t be used within FFP unless you actually have the turnover that big crowds or EPL TV income produce.

Edited by Leveller

36 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Money like that can’t be used within FFP unless you actually have the turnover that big crowds or EPL TV income produce.

Yes the rules have been totally changed since Abu Dhabi arrived at Man City and as for Saudi Arabia buying Newcastle they inherited a very strong financial position, everything they touched for 18 months seemed to turn to gold and a combination of their money, the strong position and some great recruitment propelled them.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

54 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I’d like to see new owners at BCFC.

That doesn’t mean I’m going to throw my toys out of the pram and demand SL sells up because we lost a second round Carling Cup tie.

Jesus H Christ…..

Think it's the fact that his record speaks for itself. Too emotional, too much nepotism, unable to detach the emotional element. Call it either Ego or whatever you wish.

He's not backed the one manager who has met most of the set targets given to him, who wasn't a nepotistic appointment. He deserves to be called out on it, especislly if we get nobody through the doors before the window shuts.

If NP walks, and say we get relegated due to the lack of squad strength and depth from selling Scott and Semenyo, SL's legacy can shove it.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Stockwood gate said:

I wonder if Steve is fed up with the money he has given to Nigel who has wasted it on Rubbish players  and said that’s enough until the next bloke walks through the door next season 

His best mate Tinns is in charge of recruitment currently, so...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fuber said:

Think it's the fact that his record speaks for itself. Too emotional, too much nepotism, unable to detach the emotional element. Call it either Ego or whatever you wish.

He's not backed the one manager who has met most of the set targets given to him, who wasn't a nepotistic appointment. He deserves to be called out on it, especislly if we get nobody through the doors before the window shuts.

If NP walks, and say we get relegated due to the lack of squad strength and depth from selling Scott and Semenyo, SL's legacy can shove it.

I’m grateful for the foundations he’s put in place. The stadium rebuild, the massive increase in attendances, the non match day income and the academy setup.

We’re now a very attractive proposition for buyers. This club is crying out for success, and I think many of us feel that fresh ideas and new investment are needed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I cringe and hope SL who has tried to do so much for this club never reads some of the schoolboy attention seeking pathetic nonsense written on here

Lets hope he does not just Get out of our club, as not sure where the £15 million funding is coming from, unless you have deep pockets?

Pocket £25 million, sure you not thought that perhaps that payments could be staged over 5 years or conditional on Alex recovering from injury or based upon appearances, so no he will not be just pocketing the money, but fortunately he's not in a financial position where he needs it

What he's managed to do, after years of bullshit, arrogance & treating the fan base, the lifeblood of this club as idiots is to work himself into a position of mistrust..

And that lack of regard will I believe be nigh on impossible for him to overcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So you wouldn't watch City if we were a Champions League club? 

This is as hypothetical as it gets, but just to be clear... 

I probably would, brand loyalty in football is as ridiculous as it gets, but I know for a fact that I would be much happier doing it with an owner who is here for the club as opposed to it being an 'investment', no matter how much money they were pumping in.

I would be willing to bet there are a lot of Man City fans from 20 years ago that hate what their club has now become.

• Like 1