IGNORED

Steve Lansdown……..

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

Serious question. I know SL is the owner and that JL is the chairman , but who else is on the board?

The board of Bristol City Football Club Limited is Jon Lansdown, Phil Alexander, and Gavin Marshall.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03230871/officers

The board of that company's parent company Bristol City Holdings Limited is Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/officers

Steve Lansdown is not a director nor employee of either company. He is likely a director of the parent company of Bristol City Holdings Limited, Pula Sport Ltd, but as that is a Guernsey company it's register of directors is not publicly available.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Thanks 3

Well, this has rattled some cages!!

All I would say is that the most important (by far) element of the football club to me - is - the football team. That's who I cheer for, cry for and support through thick and thin. 

With that and only that in mind, the team look no closer to reaching the top flight than when SL took over.

Many players, a fair number of managers and many years on from the (single),  very clearly stated personal mission, to get Bristol City into the top flight of English football.I

I can sympathise with anyone who feels a bit let down.

All I would say is that the most important (by far) element of the football club to me - is - the football team. That's who I cheer for, cry for and support through thick and thin. 

With that and only that in mind, the team look no closer to reaching the top flight than when SL took over.

Many players, a fair number of managers and many years on from the (single),  very clearly stated personal mission, to get Bristol City into the top flight of English football.I

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You certainly raise valid points but we are too far the other way.

All the same if SL decided to call it a day and the same goes for many Championship clubs..we would be fine this season but without a new investor or buyer??

I don't disagree that NP needs some leeway to make another signing, but its not going to be the marque signing many seem to want now we sold AS, due to the wage cap NP has imposed. 

So much hysteria on here jumping to conclusions, based on no facts what so ever, apart from someone said it on the internet so must be true, or adding 2 + 2 to make 71/4.

The window is not even closed yet, but even if we do not sign anyone does not mean we did not try or have funds available, it can be the right person was not available, goes somewhere else or not the character NP wants.

• Like 2

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

I must admit I am unsure of JL's role with the club these days. He seems to have fallen off any kind of radar.

I still see Jon at home games sat with Steve, Maggie, Marina Dolman, and Doug Harman. But apart from that, the silence is deafening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Feels to me like he’s lost his mojo and needs to sell up. Fly in the ointment is that he’s lumped us in with Bristol sport which hugely complicates any potential takeover.

Of course he’s lost interest. The fans give him pelters continually and also abuse his son. Would you then hand over more millions to make us happy? 

All he’s doing at the moment is fattening the Turkey for a sale which apparently everyone wants. So here we go. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

It's quite simply he owns the club and runs it as he sees fit. 

I find it odd that he has put the infrastructure in place for us to progress in that he has financed the stadium and the training ground but he doesn't seem to want the club to push on to the promised land. 

For want of a better word I sussed him out quite a while ago and decided that after over forty years of support which thirty were as a season ticket holder I would not continue to watch the club anymore. 

That's my choice just like it's Mr Lansdown choice on how he runs the club.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I must admit I am unsure of JL's role with the club these days. He seems to have fallen off any kind of radar.

That'll be because the Club have never really defined his role.

Legally he's a director, he therefore has the standard duties to the company that all directors have under law. In legal speak the chairman of the board of directors acts as just that, he chairs meetings and often has a casting vote to decide deadlocks. Boring, and easily defined, and not what I think the Club means by "Chairman".

He's described by the Club as the "Chairman". Which seems to mean...whatever they want it to mean. The OS says nothing about it, and when Jon took the title from Keith Dawe in 2019 there was a lot of talk about "moving forward", "building on foundations" and the like, but no real job description. To my knowledge it's never actually been nailed down what the job entails.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Get out of our club!!!!!

25 million in his pocket from selling our best player and no one else coming on :( he’s lost interest and is taking us to league one 

He is certainly losing a fair proportion of the fanbase it would seem. It feels as if many of us have finally had enough of the constant merry go round of failure that the Lansdown years have brought. 

Personally for me it is the deluded claims that the club genuinely think they can challenge for the top 6 with the current squad we have and seemingly no more investment now being made available to Pearson.

Stop treating us fans like idiots please Steve..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I don't disagree that NP needs some leeway to make another signing, but its not going to be the marque signing many seem to want now we sold AS, due to the wage cap NP has imposed. 

So much hysteria on here jumping to conclusions, based on no facts what so ever, apart from someone said it on the internet so must be true, or adding 2 + 2 to make 71/4.

The window is not even closed yet, but even if we do not sign anyone does not mean we did not try or have funds available, it can be the right person was not available, goes somewhere else or not the character NP wants.

Sorry but the squad is dangerously thin. Certainly right now.

If NP says no more business to be done then that's the case, but I doubt he is happy about the situation of the wage limit. Be sensible but not excessively austere.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Personally I always thought it was a way of SL giving his son something to do or something to play with.. Never been fit for purpose. Like his old man just standing back when Pearson needs support the most.

• Robin 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Legally he's a director, he therefore has the standard duties to the company that all directors have under law. In legal speak the chairman of the baked acts as just that, he chairs meetings and often has a casting vote to decide deadlocks. Boring, and easily defined, and not what I think the Club means by "Chairman".

He's described by the Club as the "Chairman". Which seems to mean...whatever they want it to mean. The OS says nothing about it, and when Jon took the title from Keith Dawe in 2019 there was a lot of talk about "moving forward", "building on foundations" and the like, but no real job description. To my knowledge it's never actually been nailed down what the job entails.

I think Jons role is to report to Steve because Steve has to spend so much time out of the country. Jon is the messenger boy imo.

3 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

As an interesting take on this, I remember fans chanting for the removal of Harry Dolman a couple of years before we reached the promised land of the First Division - just saying! ?

All coming together for 50 years later - 2025-26!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sorry but the squad is dangerously thin. Certainly right now.

If NP says no more business to be done then that's the case, but I doubt he is happy about the situation of the wage limit. Be sensible but not excessively austere.

This is the problem for me, we have literally gone from one extreme to another. Spending like it was going out of fashion under LJ and MA to now trying to cobble together a team of lower league punts and freebies.

As you said there needs to be a sensible approach to recruitment. Nobody is expecting us to be going out and spending £8 million on a single player again but on the flip side relying on punts from League 1 and 2 or Scotland is only going to get us so far IMO.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Personally I always thought it was a way of SL giving his son something to do or something to play with.. Never been fit for purpose. Like his old man just standing back when Pearson needs support the most.

Hard to disagree with the first part of your post j must admit. Seems a waste of space to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Legally he's a director, he therefore has the standard duties to the company that all directors have under law. In legal speak the chairman of the board of directors acts as just that, he chairs meetings and often has a casting vote to decide deadlocks. Boring, and easily defined, and not what I think the Club means by "Chairman".

From the Official Site:

Chairman - Jon Lansdown 

Duties - fannying around with Fever Pitch or Kits or anything that means he doesn’t have to do the role of Chairman, ultimately wishing his dad would hurry up and sell-up so he can legitimately bugger off to Bermuda.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The board of Bristol City Football Club Limited is Jon Lansdown, Phil Alexander, and Gavin Marshall.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03230871/officers

The board of that company's parent company Bristol City Holdings Limited is Jon Lansdown and Gavin Marshall.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/officers

Steve Lansdown is not a director nor employee of either company. He is likely a director of the parent company of Bristol City Holdings Limited, Pula Sport Ltd, but as that is a Guernsey company it's register of directors is not publicly available.

Don’t hear from any of them. Silence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

From the Official Site:

Chairman - Jon Lansdown 

Duties - fannying around with Fever Pitch or Kits or anything that means he doesn’t have to do the role of Chairman, ultimately wishing his dad would hurry up and sell-up so he can legitimately bugger off to Bermuda.

Thought he already had

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I don't disagree that NP needs some leeway to make another signing, but its not going to be the marque signing many seem to want now we sold AS, due to the wage cap NP has imposed

If anyone has “imposed” a wage budget, it’s SL who has imposed it on NP and those are the restraints he works under. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, marmite said:

Serious question. I know SL is the owner and that JL is the chairman , but who else is on the board?

In the past SL has said that he likes a committee of one person - i.e. himself. So ignore the official structure of the board. The real board consists of SL 

• Like 2