IGNORED

England

E.G.Red

Just now, TheCulturalBomb said:

This is one of the those games where a players performance will be remembered. Jude Bellingham is World Class and one of the best midfielders in the world. 

How we laughed when Birmingham City retired Bellingham's shirt number when he went to Dortmund. They knew his worth. What a talent.

• Like 2

When Bellingham moved to Real Madrid I wondered how they might play him and who might convert the ammunition he could supply wiyn Benzema gone. I needn't have worried as he's been on fire and is their top scorer with 5. If he stays fit he could be the difference in wrestling tge La Liga title from Barcelona, although their wunderkind of Pedri and Gavi might have other ideas. Whatever, he's brought his Madrid form into the England team. Superb. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Greatest ever player? Probably not. 

He’s 20. He’s unbelievable. He’s playing and scoring for Real Madrid. I can’t think of an England player he doesn’t have the potential to be better than - or achieve more than. We could be watching him for another 15 years.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

He’s 20. He’s unbelievable He’s playing and scoring for Real Madrid. I can’t think of an England player he doesn’t have the potential to be better than - or achieve more than. We could be watching him for another 15 years.

The only player I can think of at that age was Owen and Rooney. Hopefully Jude can stay injury free. What a talent. 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

He’s 20. He’s unbelievable. He’s playing and scoring for Real Madrid. I can’t think of an England player he doesn’t have the potential to be better than - or achieve more than. We could be watching him for another 15 years.

All of which I agree with but a bit early for goat talk.

Just now, Ecko said:

The only player I can think of at that age was Owen and Rooney. Hopefully Jude can stay injury free. What a talent. 

Fair shouts. But I think he’s technically superior to both. To me he looks set to be our best all-round player ever.

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

All of which I agree with but a bit early for goat talk.

I’m predicting he’s going to be. Not that he already is.

My problem with Maguire and that own goal is not that he shouldn’t have gone for it, it’s the execution.

A) Positionally poor

B) Technically poor, the execution is clumsy and laboured.

Regardless of any previous, Southgate needs to give more credit to the now and the future. Maguire isn’t that right now - so tonight was the chance to give others a chance. The pressure on him now will be massive. 

EDIT apart from that England excellent tonight and Bellingham is the type of talent that carries teams to trophies.

Edited by Alessandro