IGNORED

Royal Antwerp

Dolman_Stand

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Noticed they were in the UCL draw today, anyone else remember them from the pre season friendly in 2008? Other than Maynards hat trick I can remember an unbelievable away support for a preseason friendly, hope they do well this year

Yes I thought the same, that was incredible support. Just a preseason friendly?

1 hour ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Noticed they were in the UCL draw today, anyone else remember them from the pre season friendly in 2008? Other than Maynards hat trick I can remember an unbelievable away support for a preseason friendly, hope they do well this year

I think they were in the secdon division in Belgium back then too

7 hours ago, KendrickDNB said:

I think they were in the secdon division in Belgium back then too

They were. A few of us had been over to Antwerp to see them a year or two earlier, as we have a friendship with some Antwerp lads. They treated us like gold, buying us drinks all night in the members area of their ground.

They were in the second division back then, skint, and the stadium was a dump.

Now they are run incredibly well, have redeveloped the ground, and are in the CL group stages. They did the double last season winning the league and main domestic cup competition. 

Once again, shows what's possible when you're a well run club ? 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They were. A few of us had been over to Antwerp to see them a year or two earlier, as we have a friendship with some Antwerp lads. They treated us like gold, buying us drinks all night in the members area of their ground.

They were in the second division back then, skint, and the stadium was a dump.

Now they are run incredibly well, have redeveloped the ground, and are in the CL group stages. They did the double last season winning the league and main domestic cup competition. 

Once again, shows what's possible when you're a well run club ? 

That’s nice you made the trip over mate - I spend a lot of time working in Belgium so I will have a look into it.

I guess as much as they are living in our fantasy by reaching the top division and winning the league I’d imagine the financial gap between those teams is pretty minimal in comparison to Prem / Champ